GENERAL AWARENESS - SPORTS - FEBRUARY 2011
1. Which country recently achieved their first even victory in a ODI cricket series on Australian Soil?
a. Bangladesh b. New Zealand c. Sri Lank d. Zimbabwe
2. Which country made history in crushing Bangladesh by 10 wickets to win the first ever AsianGames women's cricket tournament?
a. Nepal b. India c. Pakistan d. Sri Lanka
3. In the Asian Games 2010 which player won the men's singles gold medal defeating top seed Denis Istomin of Uzbekistan?
a. Somdev Devvarman b. Mahesh Bhupathy c. Leander Paes d. None of these
4. Who won the gold medal in 10,000m in Guangzhou Asian Games?
a. Kavita Rout b. Pooja Sreedharan c. Padraig Harrington d. Sunita Rani
5. Which Pakistani player fled the team hotel in Dubai claiming he had received death threats?
a. Zulqarnain Haider b. Salman Butt c. Kamran Akmal d. None of these
6. Defeating JCT at Ambedkar Stadium which team won the Durand Cup Football tournament?
a. Mohan Bagan b. East Bengal c. Chirag United d. Salgaocar
7. Sebastian Vettel became Formula one's youngest world champion recently. From which country he is?
a. Germany b. USA c. France d. Denmark
8. Defeating Novak Djokovic who won the Swiss Indoor tennis title?
a. Rafael Nadal b. Roger Federer c. Flavia Pennetta d. Somdev Devvarman
9. Who won the gold medal in shooting (double trap) in 2010 Asian Games?
a. Gagan Narang b. Abhinav Bindra c. Ronjan Sodhi d. Rajya Varsdhan Rathore
10. Out of the 199 gold which China won in the 2010 Asian Games, the women accounted for
a. 96 gold b. 106 gold c. 110 gold d. 112 gold