Basic Quantitative aptitude--Five
PLEASE WORK OUT THE PROBLEMS. IN CASE THERE IS ANY CHANGE IN ANSWERS PLEASE SEND EMAIL TO firstname.lastname@example.org.
41. There are two circles, one circle is inscribed and another circle is circumscribed over a square. What is the ratio of area of inner to outer circle?
a) 1 : 2 b)2:3 c)3:4 d)2:1
42.If a boat is moving in upstream with velocity of 14 km/hr and goes downstream with a velocity of 40 km/hr, then what is the speed of the stream ?
(a) 13 km/hr
(b) 26 km/hr
(c) 34 km/hr
(d) none of these
43. Find the value of ( 0.75 * 0.75 * 0.75 - 0.001 ) / ( 0.75 * 0.75 - 0.075 + 0.01)
44. A can have a piece of work done in 8 days, B can work three times faster than the A, C can work five times faster than A. How many days will they take to do the work together ?
(a) 3 days
(b) 8/9 days
(c) 4 days
(d) can't say
45. A car travels a certain distance taking 7 hrs in forward journey, during the return journey increased speed 12km/hr takes the times 5 hrs.What is the distance travelled
(a) 210 kms
(b) 30 kms
(c) 20 kms
(c) none of these
46. Find (7x + 4y ) / (x-2y) if x/2y = 3/2 ?
(d) data insufficient
47. If on an item a company gives 25% discount, they earn 25% profit. If they now give 10% discount then what is the profit percentage.
48. A certain number of men can finish a piece of work in 10 days. If however there were 10 men less it will take 10 days more for the work to be finished. How many men were there originally?
(a) 110 men
(b) 130 men
(c) 100 men
(d) none of these
49. In simple interest what sum amounts of Rs.1120/- in 4 years and Rs.1200/- in 5 years ?
(a) Rs. 500
(b) Rs. 600
(c) Rs. 800
(d) Rs. 900
50. If a sum of money compound annually amounts of thrice itself in 3 years. In how many years will it become 9 times itself.
Basic Quantitative aptitude--Five Reviewed by sambasivan srinivasan on 5:13:00 PM Rating: