Basic Quantitative aptitude--Seven
HOPE YOU MIGHT HAVE ATTEMPTED BASIC QUANTITATIVE APTITUDE ONE TO SIX. NOW TRY THIS SEVEN --IF THERE ARE ERRORS PLEASE WRITE TO firstname.lastname@example.org
July 21, 2012
11. A cylinder is 6 cms in diameter and 6 cms in height. If spheres of the same size are made from the material obtained, what is the diameter of each sphere?
(a) 5 cms (b) 2 cms (c) 3 cms (d) 4 cms
12.The difference b/w the compound interest payble half yearly and the simple interest on a certain sum lent out at 10% p.a for 1 year is Rs 25. What is the sum?
(a) Rs. 15000 (b) Rs. 12000 (c) Rs. 10000 (d) none of these
13. What is the smallest number by which 2880 must be divided in order to make it into a
perfect square ?
(a) 3 (b) 4 (c) 5 (d) 6
14. A father is 30 years older than his son however he will be only thrice as old as the son after 5 years what is father's present age ?
(a) 40 yrs (b) 30 yrs (c) 50 yrs (d) none of these
15. If an item costs Rs.3 in '99 and Rs.203 in '00.What is the % increase in price?
(a) 200/3 % (b) 200/6 % (c) 100% (d) none of these
16. A man leaves office daily at A driver with car comes from his home to pick him from office and bring back home. One day he gets free at and instead of waiting for driver he starts walking towards home. In the way he meets the car and returns home on car He reaches home 20 minutes earlier than usual. In how much time does the man reach home usually??
a) 1 hr 45 min b)2 hr 25 min c)1 hr 35 min d)1 hr 20 min
17. A works thrice as much as B. If A takes 60 days less than B to do a work then find the number of days it would take to complete the work if both work together?
a) 33 days b)22 days c) 22½days d) 151/2 days
18.A boy has Rs 2. He wins or loses Re 1 at a time If he wins he gets Re 1 and if he loses the game he loses Re 1.He can loose only 5 times. He is out of the game if he earns Rs 5.
Find the number of ways in which this is possible?
a)16 b)15 c)18 d) none of the above
19.The petrol tank of an automobile can hold g liters.If a liters was removed when the tank was full, what part of the full tank was removed?
(a)g-a (b)g/a (c) a/g
(d) (g-a)/a (e) (g-a)/g
20.If x/y=4 and y is not '0' what % of x is 2x-y
(a)150% (b)175% (c)200% (d)250%
11. c 12. c 13. c 14. a 15.a 16. d 17. c 18. a 19. c 20. b