Basic Quantitative Aptitude-- Ten
41. A monkey starts climbing up a tree 20ft. tall. Each hour, it hops 3ft. and slips back 2ft. How much time would it take the monkey to reach the top?
a)12 hours b)18 hours c)15 hours d)24 hours
42. What is the missing number in this series? 8 2 14 6 11 ? 14 6 18 12
a)7 b)13 c)8 d)9
43. A certain type of mixture is prepared by mixing brand A at Rs.9 a kg. with brand B at Rs.4 a kg. If the mixture is worth Rs.7 a kg., how many kgs. of brand A are needed to make 40kgs. of the mixture?
a)25 kgs b)26kgs c)24kgs d)20 kgs
44. A wizard named Nepo says "I am only three times my son's age. My father is 40 years more than twice my age. Together the three of us are a mere 1240 years old." How old is Nepo?
a) 300 yrs old b)250 yrs old c)360 yrs old d)240 yrs old
45. One dog tells the other that there are two dogs in front of me. The other one also shouts that he too had two behind him. How many are they?
a)1 b)2 c)3 d)4
46. . Ravi's salary was reduced by 25%.Percentage increase to be effected to bring the salary to the original level is
(a) 20% (b) 25% (c) 33 1/3% (d) 30%
47. A and B can finish a piece of work in 20 days .B and C in 30 days and C and A in 40 days. In how many days will A alone finish the job
(a) 48 (b) 34 2/7 (c) 44 (d) 45
48. How long will a train 100m long traveling at 72kmph take to overtake another train 200m long traveling at 54kmph
(a) 70sec (b) 1min (c) 1 min 15 sec (d) 55 sec
49. What is the product of the irrational roots of the equation (2x-1)(2x-3)(2x-5)(2x-7)=9?
(a) 3/2 (b) 4 (c) 3 (d) 3/4
50. A garrison of 3300 men has provisions for 32 days, when given at a rate of 850 grams per head. At the end of 7 days a reinforcement arrives and it was found that now the provisions will last 8 days less, when given at the rate of 825 grams per head. How, many more men can it feed?(a)1666 men (b)1700 men (c)1500men (d)1200men
41. B 42. D 43. C 44. C 45. C 46. C 47. A 48. B 49. A 50. B
Basic Quantitative Aptitude-- Ten Reviewed by sambasivan srinivasan on 7:32:00 PM Rating: