Basic Quantitative Aptitude - Two
PLEASE WORK OUT THE PROBLEMS. IN CASE THE ANSWER IS NOT CORRECT PLEASE POST IN COMMENTS.
11. In a fraction, if 1 is added to both the numerator at the denominator, the fraction
becomes 1/2. If numerator is subtracted from the denominator, the fraction becomes 3/4.
Find the fraction.
a)2/7 b) 3/7 c)1/5 d) 2/5
12. If Rs.1260 is divided between between A, B and C in the ratio 2:3:4, what is C’s
a)Rs.280 b)Rs.340 c) Rs. 560 d)Rs.540
13. A shopkeeper bought a watch for Rs.400 and sold it for Rs.500.What is his profit
a) 25% b)30% c)35% d)40%
14. What percent of 60 is 12?
a)10% b) 20% c)35% d)40%
15. Hansie made the following amounts in seven games of cricket in
Rs.21, Rs.12, Rs.18, Rs.19 and Rs.17(all figures in crores of course).Find his average
a). Rs.16 crore b)Rs. 20 crore c)Rs.18 crore d)Rs.19 crore
16.In a class composed of x girls and y boys what part of the class is composed of girls
A.y/(x + y)
C.x/(x + y)
17.What is the maximum number of half-pint bottles of cream that can be filled with a 4-gallon can of cream(2 pt.=1 qt. and 4 qt.=1 gal)
19.A coffee shop blends 2 kinds of coffee, putting in 2 parts of a 33p. a gm. grade to 1 part of a 24p. a gm. If the mixture is changed to 1 part of the 33p. a gm. to 2 parts of the less expensive grade, how much will the shop save in blending 100 gms.
20.There are 200 questions on a 3 hr examination. Among these questions are 50 mathematics problems. It is suggested that twice as much time be spent on each maths problem as for each other question. How many minutes should be spent on mathematics problems
Basic Quantitative Aptitude - Two Reviewed by sambasivan srinivasan on 6:53:00 PM Rating: