2012 july general awareness one -3
21. The foundation for induction of computer technology in the Indian banking system was laid with the recommendations of which of the following committees?
a) Abid Hussain Committee b) Deepak Parekh Committee
c) Rangarajan Committee d) Narsimham Committee
e) Tarapore Committee
22. Which private sector bank has launched the credit card ‘Solitaire Premium’ for women customers recently?
a) Federal Bank b) HDFC Bank c) Axis Bank d) ICICI Bank
e) Karnataka Bank
23. Which bank has launched “Bank on Wheels” vehicles that travel to villages which don’t have banking facilities, to help people in rural areas open bank accounts?
a) State Bank of India b) Punjab National Bank c) HDFC Bank
d) Union Bank of India e) ICICI Bank
24. ‘Business Correspondents’ (BCs) working for banks can work from
A) Their retail outlets B) Bank premises C) Bank ATMs
Select the right option.
a) Only (A) b) Only (A) and (B) c) Only (B) and (C) d) Only (A) and (C)
e) All (A), (B) and (C)
25. In the context of various financial systems, which of the following is not related to India?
a) RTGS b) NEFT c) CHAPS d) IFSC e) KYS
26. Name the budget carrier airline which has recently received government’s approval for directly importing fuel from overseas market.
a) Spice Jet b) Go Air c) IndiGo d) Kingfisher Red e) JetLite
27. Which of the following countries has decided to start pulling out its troops from Afghanistan from this year and complete the process by 2013?
a) Germany b) Britain c) US d) Australia e) Italy
28. In which city was the Summit of the Americas, which is represented by all countries of the Americas, held recently (Cuba was not invited)?
a) Cartagena, Colombia b) Santiago, Panama c) Montreal, Canada
d) Quito, Ecaudor e) Buenos Aires, Argentina
29. What is known as Secret Service throughout the world?
a) An intelligence wing of the United Nations
b) Highly trained troop which guards American President
c) The overseas intelligence of Britain d) The elite Presidential guard of France e) None of these
30. In which of the following states has the Cabinet approved the flagship scheme, Mukhyamantri Teerth Darshan Yojana (Chief Minister’s Pilgrimage Scheme), under which a minimum of one lakh people will enjoy the benefit of state-sponsored pilgrimage every year?
a) Uttar Pradesh b) Madhya Pradesh c) Andhra Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu e) Karnataka
31. On which date is the National Panchayati Raj Day observed every day?
a) July 26 b) April 24 c) April 26 d) November 11
e) January 25
32. What has been the growth rate of imports of India during the fiscal year 2011-12, according to the data released by the Union commerce ministry recently?
a) 12.5% b) 24.5% c) 27.2% d) 32.1% e) 34%
33. The Union ministry of environment and forests (MoEF) banned the use of live animals for dissection and other experiment in educational and research institutions. The ban is based on which of the following Acts of Parliament?
a) Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, 1960
b) Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, 1970
c) Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, 1980
d) Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, 1990 e) None of these
34. Which Indian chef visited the historic kitchen of the White House which prepares food for US President Baracks Obama, his family and the large number of guests invited to the residents of the first family every day?
a) Ramesh Turrani b) Vinay Lahiri c) Sanjeev Kapoor
d) Rajeev Kapoor e) None of these
35. Who among the following leaders was re-elected General Secretary of CPI (M) for the third consecutive term at the party’s 20th congress, which was held at Kozhikode?
a) Brinda Karat b) Prakash Karat c) Sitaram Yechury
d) A B Bardhan e) D Raja
36. The Union Cabinet recently approved the extension of funding support for implementing which of the following scheme under the New Pension System (NPS) from three years to five years for all subscribers?
a) Trade related Entrepreneurship Assistance and Development (TREAD) Scheme
b) Gold Credit Pass Book Scheme c) Swayamsidha (IWEP)
d) Swavalamban Scheme e) Swabhiman Scheme
37. Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) recently approved an ad valorem regime for calculating royalty for which of the following?
a) Coal and Iron ore b) Coal and Lignite c) Lignite and Copper
d) Lignite and Zinc e) Coal and Aluminium
38. Credit rating agency Moody’s Investors Service downgraded the local currency rating of which of the following public sector companies of India?
a) BHEL and IOC b) BHEL and GAIL c) ONGC and IOC
d) ONGC and GAIL e) ONGC and BHEL
39. According to the data providing by the Export Promotion Council for Handicraft (EPCH) in April 2012, India’s handicrafts exports increased by what per cent year on year to $2.7 billion in the 2011-12 fiscal?
a) 14.2% b) 17.5% c) 15% d) 12.3% e) 22%
40. In which country has the leader of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj, handed over a section of railway network between Galle and Kauthara built by the Indian public sector company, IRCON, recently?
a) Myanmar b) Sri Lanka c) Namibia d) Bhutan e) Pakistan
41. For allowing the foreign direct investment (FDI) from which country to India has the Finance Ministry decided to amend the Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA)?
a) North Korea b) Cuba c) Myanmar d) Pakistan e) South Sudan
42. Which body has recently issued broad guidelines on Algorithmic Trading based on recommendations of technical advisory committee (TAC) and secondary market advisory committee (SMAC)?
a) IRDA b) RBI c) ASSOCHAM d) SEBI e) CII
43. Who among the following is the project director of India’s Agni V missile, which has been blasted off recently from the Wheeler Island off the Orissa coats?
a) Dr VG Sekaran b) Dr SK Chaudhari c) AK Chakrabarti
d) Tessy Thomas e) K Kasturirangan
44. Which company has recently surpassed Reliance Industries to claim the most influential stock status on the Bombay Stock Exchange Sensex?
a) ONGC b) ITC c) GAIL d) Coal India Limited e) IOC
45. What has been the growth rate of exports of India during the fiscal year 2011-12, according to the data released by the Union commerce ministry recently?
a) 19% b) 21% c) 23% d) 27% e) 29%
46. The army chief of Pakistan, Gen Ashfaq Kayani, has recently called for the resolution of which of the following contentious issues between India and Pakistan?
a) Sir Creek issue b) Kashmir issue c) Pak-occupied Kashmir
d) Siachen issue e) Tulbul river barrage
47. The famous writer Susan Nathan, who has been deported recently to her country over her alleged connections with Islamic extremist groups like the banned outfits SIMI and NDF, belongs to which of the following countries?
a) Britain b) Israel c) Germany d) Iran e) US
48. Name the human disease about which scientists at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis found that other than diet and not drinking enough water, a gene called Claudin-14 is responsible substantially for it.
a) Jaundice b) Typhoid c) Kidney stone d) Cancer e) Malaria
49. Who among the following has recently taken over as the chairman of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) for 2012-13?
a) Rahul Thakkar b) Adi Godrej c) Ajay S Shriram
d) S Gopalakrishnan e) None of these
50. Under the mentorship of which Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), an extension IIT centre is being made operational in Chhattisgarh?
a) IIT-Delhi b) IIT-Kanpur c) IIT-Kharagpurd) IIT-Kolkata e) IIT-Mumbai
21.c 22.b 23.a 24.a 25.c 26.a 27.d 28.a 29.b 30.b
31.b 32.d 33.a 34.c 35.b 36.d 37.b 38.d 39.b 40.b
41.d 42.d 43.d 44.b 45.b 46.d 47.b 48.c 49.b 50.c
2012 july general awareness one -3 Reviewed by sambasivan srinivasan on 3:04:00 AM Rating: