IBPS CLERK 2012 RECRUITMENT--ONLINE TEST
PLEASE ALSO READ (VERY USEFUL)
WRITE TO firstname.lastname@example.org (S.SAMBASIVAN)
seniors --PLEASE ALSO READ FOR INTERVIEW
PLEASE SEE THE FULL ADVERTISEMENT IN www.ibps.in
IBPS CLERKS RECRUITMENT 2012 --IMPORTANT DATES
Start date for Online Registration 15.10.2012
Online Payment of Application Fees 15.10.2012- 05.11.2012
Offline Payment of Application Fees 17.10.2012- 09.11.2012
Last date for Online Registration 05.11.2012
Download of Call letter for Examination After 03.12.2012
TEST TO BE CONDUCTED ONLINE DURING DECEMBER 2012
Please note that candidates will not be permitted to appear for the Common
Examination without the following documents:
(1) Call Letter for Examination
(2) Photo-identity proof (as specified) in original and
(3) Photocopy of photo-identity proof (as mentioned in (2) above)
Candidates reporting late i.e. after the reporting time specified on the call letter for
Examination will not be permitted to take the examination.
A PARTICIPATING BANKS
Allahabad Bank Indian Bank
Andhra Bank Indian Overseas Bank
Bank of Baroda Oriental Bank of Commerce
Bank of India Punjab National Bank
Bank of Maharashtra Punjab & Sind Bank
Canara Bank Syndicate Bank
Central Bank of India UCO Bank
Corporation Bank Union Bank of India
Dena Bank United Bank of India
IDBI Bank Vijaya Bank
After the declaration of result of both CWE and common interview, a notification will be
issued by IBPS giving the state/UT wise and category-wise vacancies for each Bank and
order of preference for Banks will be obtained from successful candidates. Based on the
marks obtained in CWE and common interview as well as the indication of order of
preference of Banks and available vacancies, a successful candidate will receive a call from
an individual Bank. 2
Since recruitment in clerical cadre in Public Sector Banks is done on State/UT-wise
basis, candidates can apply for vacancies in any one State/ UT only. Consequently, a
candidate would be required to appear for CWE in any one of the centres in that
particular State/UT. However, depending upon the response, administrative feasibility
etc. candidates may be allotted to a centre of examination outside the chosen State/UT
for which vacancies he/she is applying. Please note this reallocation is only for the
conduct of examination and the candidate will be considered for vacancies in the
State/UT applied for, as aforesaid.
Guidelines for scanning and Upload of Photograph & Signature
Before applying online a candidate will be required to have a scanned (digital) image of
his/her photograph and signature as per the specifications given below.
- Photograph must be a recent passport style colour picture.
- Make sure that the picture is in colour, taken against a light-coloured, preferably
- Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face
- If the picture is taken on a sunny day, have the sun behind you, or place yourself in
the shade, so that you are not squinting and there are no harsh shadows
- If you have to use flash, ensure there's no "red-eye"
- If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be
- Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it
must not cover your face.
- Dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred)
- Size of file should be between 20kb–50 kb
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 50kb. If the size of the file
is more than 50 kb, then adjust the settings of the scanner such as the DPI resolution,
no. of colours etc., during the process of scanning.
- The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink pen.
- The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
- The signature will be used to put on the Hall Ticket and wherever necessary.
- If the Applicant’s signature on the answer script, at the time of the examination,
does not match the signature on the Hall Ticket, the applicant will be disqualified.
- Dimensions 140 x 60 pixels (preferred)
- Size of file should be between 10kb – 20kb
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 20kb
Scanning the photograph & signature:
- Set the scanner resolution to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch)
- Set Color to True Color
- File Size as specified above
- Crop the image in the scanner to the edge of the photograph/signature, then use the
upload editor to crop the image to the final size (as specified above).
- The image file should be JPG or JPEG format. An example file name is :
image01.jpg or image01.jpeg Image dimensions can be checked by listing the folder
files or moving the mouse over the file image icon.
- Candidates using MS Windows/MSOffice can easily obtain photo and signature in
.jpeg format not exceeding 50kb & 20kb respectively by using MS Paint or
MSOffice Picture Manager. Scanned photograph and signature in any format can be
saved in .jpg format by using ‘Save As’ option in the File menu and size can be
reduced below 50 kb (photograph) & 20 kb(signature) by using crop and then resize
option (Please see point (i) & (ii) above for the pixel size) in the ‘Image’ menu.
Similar options are available in other photo editor also. 18
- If the file size and format are not as prescribed, an error message will be displayed.
- While filling in the Online Application Form the candidate will be provided with a
link to upload his/her photograph and signature.
Procedure for Uploading the Photograph and Signature
- There will be two separate links for uploading Photograph and Signature
- Click on the respective link “Upload Photograph / Signature”
- Browse and Select the location where the Scanned Photograph / Signature file has
- Select the file by clicking on it
- Click the ‘Open/Upload’ button
Your Online Application will not be registered unless you upload your photograph
and signature as specified.
(1) In case the face in the photograph or signature is unclear the candidate’s
application may be rejected. After uploading the photograph/ signature in the
online application form candidates should check that the images are clear and
have been uploaded correctly. In case the photograph or signature is not
prominently visible, the candidate may edit his/ her application and re-upload his/
her photograph or signature, prior to submitting the form.
(2) After registering online candidates are advised to take a printout of their system
generated online application form
IBPS CLERK 2012 RECRUITMENT--ONLINE TEST Reviewed by sambasivan srinivasan on 8:44:00 PM Rating: