BANKING RELATED GENERAL AWARENESS --820122
please read also
1. Which two of the following sectors have come out with the first ever experimental set of Indices of Services Production (ISP), on the lines of the Index of Industrial Production (IPP)?
a) Railways b) Airlines
c) Road Transport d) Telecommunication
(i)Only A and B (ii) Only B and C
(iii)Only C and D (iv) Only A and D (v) Only B and D
2. 2. When a bank returns a cheque unpaid, it is called :-
a) Payment of the cheque. b) Drawing of the cheque.
c) Cancelling of the cheque. d)Dishonour of the cheque.
e) Taking of the cheque.
3. Distribution of insurance products and insurance policies by banks as corporate agents is known as:-
a) General Insurance b)Non- Life Insurance
c) Bancassurance d)Insurance Banking
e) Deposit Insurance
4. According to Companies Bill, 2011 which of the following statements about corporate social responsibility (CSR) of companies is/are correct?
a) The Bill has provisions for penalizing companies for non-compliance of rules on CSR spending.
b) The Bill requires companies to give reasons for non-compliance of rules on CSR spending.
c) Donations made to the Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund will be accepted as CSR spending.
(i)Only A (ii)Only B and A
(iii)Only A and C (iv)Only B and C
(v)All A,B and C
5. The Indian Government has introduced a new Wholesale Price Index (WPI) recently. The new WPI is based on the prices of which of the following years?
a)2004-05 b)2005-06 c)2006-07 d)2008-09 e)2009-10
6. As per the news in various newspapers “kfw” Group released another instalment of its financial aid. Kwf is an organization based in :-
a)France b)Japan c)Italy d)China e)Germany
7. Now-a-days we frequently read in the newspapers about “Derivatives” as used in the financial market. Which of the following statement(s) correctly describes what a “Derivatives” is and how it affects the financial market?
a) Derivatives enable individuals and companies to insure themselves against financial risk.
b) Derivatives are like fixed deposits in a bank and are the safest way to invest one’s idle money lying in a bank.
c) Derivatives are the financial instruments which were used in India even during the British Raj.
(i)Only C (ii)Only B (iii)Only A (iv)All A,B and C.
(v)None of the above.
8. Which of the following is the objective of the flagship scheme ‘ Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana’ (RSBY) ?
a) To provide life insurance cover to rural households
b) To provide health insurance cover to rural households
c) To provide both life and health insurance cover to rural households
d) To provide life and health insurance covers only to people living below poverty line.
e) None of these
9. The Index of Industrial Production (IIP) is compiled and released by which of the following organizations/agencies?
a) Registrar of Companies
b) Confederation of Indian Industries
c) Bombay Stock Exchange
d) Reserve Bank of India
e) Central Statistical Organisation
10. “Mobile Banking” is a new concept to the world. Consider the following statements about ‘Mobile Banking’ in India and find out which of the following is/are true?
a) The willingness to conduct banking through mobile devices is higher in India
b) About 4% of the total m-commerce transactions have taken place in the first few months of the current fiscal year in India.
c) Since RBI’s permission is needed for offering mobile banking, only two private banks are providing this service at present.
(i)Only A (ii)Only B (iii)Only C (iv) All A,B and C
(v) None of the above.
11. What is the upper limit prescribed for Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) transactions in various banks in India?
a)Rs.1 lakh b)Rs.2 lakh c)Rs.5 lakh d)Rs.50 lakh
e)no upper limit is prescribed.
12. Recently, India has inducted Airborne Warning And Control Systems (AWACS) platforms in its Air Force. These sophisticated machines are supplied by which of the following countries?
a)Australia b)Poland c)France d)Israel e)US
13. Sometimes back, the Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) warned against the growing risk of economic overheating in emerging developing countries, including India. What are the features of this economic overheating?
a) High Economic Growth
b) High Production
c) Low Demand
d) Rise in Wages
(i)Only A (ii)Only A and B (iii)Only A,B and C
(iv)All of the above (v)None of the above
14. Several public sector enterprises like ONGC,SAIL and NTPC received ‘Scope Award’ in the recent past. The award is given for which of the following achievements?
a) Earning the highest profit among all public sector units (PSUs)
b) For creating maximum number of jobs in a year
c) For donating the maximum amount in the Prime Minister’s Relief Fund in a year
d) For cutting down expenditure by 50% or more in a year to wipe out losses made in the previous year.
e) Best corporate governance
15. Which of the countries is considered to be the father of the concept of micro-finance?
a)India b)South Africa c)Mexico d)Bangladesh e)China
16. As we all read in the financial newspapers,many Indian banks are in close competition to open their branches/offices in various countries. What benefit will the Indian economy have if banks open branches in a foreign country?
a) It will bring substantial economic benefits to India as also the countries where branches will be opened.
b) It will help in smooth inflow of FDI, long term capital inflow and also technical know how to India.
c) It will provide better opportunities to Indians to visit foreign nations and get better facilities like education,medical treatment,etc.
(i) Only A (ii) Only B (iii)Only C (iv)Only A and B (v)All A,B and C.
17. Which of the following states has launched e-Shakti programme so that poverty can be reduced in the state?
a)Delhi b)Maharashtra c)Uttar Pradesh d)Bihar
e)none of these
18. As per the newspaper reports the government of India has asked all the states to conduct ‘Social Audit’ of each and every work done under which of the following schemes?
a) National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme
b) Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana
c) Indira Awas Yojna
d) Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikaran Yojna
e) None of these
19. The Reserve Bank Of India (RBI) has asked all the banks to install “Note Sorting Machines” in the branches. How will this help banks and the general public?
a) The machine will check counterfeit notes and drop these from circulation
b) This will help banks to count the notes quickly and accurately
c) This will help in sorting out soiled notes so that they are not reissued by the banks
(i)Only B (ii)Only A (iii)Only C (iv)Only A and B
(v) None of these
20. Which of the following ministries/departments operates the “Village Grain Bank Scheme”?
a) Ministry of Tribal Welfare
b) Department of Food and Public Distribution
c) Department of Social Welfare
d) Ministry of Forest
e) None of these
21. Which of the following is the name of the programme launched by the Government of India to help lonely women by providing vocational training to make them self-reliant?
a)Pranalaya b)Prayas c)Abhiyogyata d)Swadhar e)Swavlamban
22. “The Bridge: The Life and Rise of Obama”, is a book written by……….
a) Cynthia Tucker
b) Sarah Palin
c) Barbara Walters
d) Michelle Obama
e) David Remnick
23. Which of the following is recognized as the biggest cause of hunger in the world?
b) Poor management of public distribution system
c) Unemployment and/or under-employment
e) All of the above.
24. Through which of the following sources Indian companies are allowed to access funds from abroad?
a) External Commercial Borrowings (ECBs)
b) Foreign Currency Convertible Bonds (FCCBs)/ Foreign Currency Exchangeable Bonds
c) Preferential shares
(i)Only A (ii)Only B (iii)All A,B and C (iv)Only A and C
25. Which of the following is NOT a civilian award given by the government of India?
a) Sahitya Academy Award
b) Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award
c) Padma Shri
d) Bharat Ratna
e) Kirti Chakra
26. Who among the following has become the first Indian writer to win the prestigious Ondaatje Prize 2012 for his book ‘The Sly Company of People Who Care”?
a) Rana Dasgupta
b) Pinki Virani
c) Raghuram G.Rajan
d) Rahul Bhattacharya
e) Manu Joseph
27. Who among the following Indians has taken over as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Deutshe Bank very recently?
a) Vimal Pandey
b) Anshu Jain
c) KV Kamath
d) Chanda Kochar
e) Deepak Parekh
28. Ambassadors and top diplomats from which country have been expelled recently in an unusual coordinated blow to the country, after a gruesome massacre,in which, families,including children, were shot at in their homes?
a)Libya b)Syria c)Pakistan d)South Sudan e)Somalia
29. Name the chairman of the National Transport Development Policy Committee, who has suggested that Metro projects should be restricted to cities with over 5 million population, else it would not be cost-effective?
a) Dr. Anil Kakodkar
b) Rakesh Mohan
c) Sam Pitroda
d) Justice HR Khanna
e) E Sreedharan
30. Name the African country, where the former President Charles Taylor has been sentenced to 50 years in jail by a UN-backed war crimes court recently for arming rebels in Sierra Leone?
a)Somalia b)Nigeria c)Kenya d)Ghana e)Liberia
31. Indian Grandmaster Vishwanathan Anand has retained the world chess championship in Moscow recently with a 2.5-1.5 victory over which chess champion in a tie-breaker?
a) Garry Kasparov
b) Veselin Topalov
c) Anatoly Karpov
d) Boris Gelfand
e) Gata kamsky
32. From which of the following countries a nine-member delegation recently visited India to learn from Indian experience of polio eradication?
a)Afghanistan b)Pakistan c)Nigeria d)Sri Lanka e)Bangladesh
33. In the water of which of the following rivers of India has “anti-bacterial” properties, which according to environmentalists, would be removed if hydel power projects are built on it?
a)Yamuna b)Kaveri c)Narmada d)Ganga e)Brahmaputra
34. Kevin John who sang the choir at the thanks giving service to celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee at St.Paul’s Cathedral, belongs to which of the following Indian states?
a)Maharashtra b)Kerala c)Goa d)Delhi e)Andhra Pradesh
35. The Union Government of India has announced a New Trade Policy aimed at achieving 20% increase in exports to 360 billion dollar in the fiscal year 2012-13. Which of the following statements is correct in respect of the new policy?
a) Two percent interest subsidy scheme extended till March 2013
b) Market-linked Focus Product Scheme extended till March’13 for apparel export to the USA and EU
c) Single revolving bank guarantee for different export deals
d) None of these
e) All of the above
36. After 6 yrs , by what percent has the Railways increased the parcel and luggage rates on all goods with immediate effect, in a move that is expected to add to the inflationary situation?
a)15% b)20% c)25% d)30% e)35%
37. The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) is coming out with a product designing guidelines for life insurance companies. Which of the following statements is correct?
a) It will maintain minimum premium payment term for five years
b) The move will help protect consumer interest by preventing mis-selling of life insurance
c) It will limit the maximum commission that can be charged for the first year and subsequent years.
d) None of these
e) All of the above
38. India’s first IT Investment Region (ITIR) for knowledge based industries, including software and hardware firms with entire supply chain, is being set up in which of the following states?
a)Haryana b)Tamil Nadu c)Andhra Pradesh d)Karnataka
39. Indian Government is contriving to overhaul its e-Governance Program MCA21. Which of the following is/are the objectives of overhauling of MCA21?
a) To fulfill the ambitions of its stakeholders in the 21st century via implementation of a service-centric approach
b) The improvement is chiefly enabled via the mechanism of secure electronic-Filing(e-Filing) for all the services provided by the Registrar of Companies (ROC), including incorporation of a company,yearly filing,registration of charges and other event based filings
c) A swifter push on computerization in regular corporate filings will let the government keep a check on illegal or slack activities by companies
d) The focus is to make the whole system transparent and make it a tool that acts as an early warning system against fraud
e) All the above are objectives
40. Which of the following state governments is working on a package for poor tribals living in the state’s less developed areas to provide them financial help to tackle issues like crumbling houses and low fertility rate?
a)Uttar Pradesh b)Goa c)Rajasthan d)Bihar
41. On the occasion of World Environment Day on June 5, which of the following dairies has launched environment-friendly vans named ‘Kamdhenu’ that will carry homogenized toned milk in loose form to the remotest areas?
a)Amul b)Paras c)Mother Diary d)Parag e)Sudha
42. Which of the following books is written by Amitabh Bagchi?
a) Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish
b) Origins of Love
c) Life is What You make It
d) The Householder
e) None of these
43. The centre has recently approved 1,200 crore for promoting coastal tourism of which of the following states?
a)Kerala b)Goa c)Gujarat d)Odisha e)Maharashtra
44. Who among the following Indian Batsman ranks 3rd in the latest International Cricket Council (ICC) One Day International (ODI) rankings?
a) Gautam Gambhir
b) MS Dhoni
c) Virat Kohli
d) Sachin Tendulkar
e) Suresh Raina
45. A Delhi Court recently rejected a plea to summon which of the following Bollywood actors for his/her nude picture, which was published in a daily in June 2009?
a) John Abraham
b) Mallika Sherawat
c) Ranbir Kapoor
d) Priyanka Chopra
e) Shilpa Shetty
46. In a relief to borrowers, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has asked banks to immediately stop charging penalty on pre-payment of home loans taken on floating interest rates. Which of the following statements is NOT correct?
a) It has been decided that banks will not be permitted to charge goreclosure charges/pre-payment penalties on home loans on floating intereset rate basis
b) The removal of the charges or penalty will lead to reduction in the discrimination between existing and new borrowers and competition among banks will result in finer pricing of the floating rate home loans
c) It aims to ensure uniformity across the banking system in home loan segment
d) Earlier some banks were charging pre-payment penalty of 2-3 % of the outstanding loans
e) None of these
47. Which of the following tops thelist of 53 countries where realty price has increased by 12%?
a)Brazil b)India c)Saudi Arabia d)Estonia e)Canada
48. Which of the following statemts is true regarding the Netional Telecom Policy (NTP) 2012, which has been recently approved by the Union Cabinet?
a) The policy promises broadband for all with a minimum download speed of 2 mega bits
b) Consumers who use national roaming can now expect to pay local call charges
c) The policy also allows national number portability, but again, with no visible timelines
d) The policy also gets a formal approval of the new unified licensing regime which allows companies to provide ISP, fixed line, international and national long dostance, and a few other services through single licence
e) All of the above
49. Which of the following states has become the transit point for trafficking of children and women?
a)Delhi b)Uttar Pradesh c)Maharashtra d)Jharkhand
50. Which of the following days is celebrated on 31st May worldwide?
a) International Mount Everest Day
b) World Meteorology Day
c) World Thyroid Day
d) World No Tobacco Day
e) International Family Day
ANSWERS—banking related general awareness--820122
1.A 2.D 3.C 4.D 5.A 6.E 7.C 8.B 9.E 10.B
11.E 12.D 13.B 14.E 15.D 16.D 17.D 18.A 19.A 20.B
21.D 22.E 23.E 24.C 25.E 26.D 27.B 28.B 29.B 30.E
31.D 32.B 33.D 34.B 35.E 36.C 37.E 38.D 39.E 40.B
41.C 42.D 43.C 44.C 45.A 46.D 47.A 48.E 49.A 50.D
please also read
BANKING RELATED GENERAL AWARENESS --820122 Reviewed by sambasivan srinivasan on 8:23:00 AM Rating: