BANKING RELATED GENERAL AWARENESS -- 11 2012 3
11 2012 3
(WITH SPECIAL REFERENCE TO BANKING INDUSTRY)
1. Major producer of mulberry silk in India is
A) Jammu and Kashmir B) Jharkhand C) Karnataka D) Assam E) Himachal Pradesh
2. We come across the term ‘PPP’ in financial news nowadays. What does ‘PPP’ represent?
A) Personal Per capita Power B) Private Public Partnership C) Per capita Potential for Purchases
3. Many times we read the term ‘ECB; in newspapers. What is the full form of ‘ECB’?
A) Essential Commercial Banking B) European Credit Borrowing C) External Credit for Business
D) External Commercial Borrowing E) None of these
4. What is meant by financial inclusion?
A) Making available banking services at an affordable cost
B) Opening savings accounts in rural areas without any deposit
C) Opening any type of account without introduction
D) Distributing money through rural branches
E) Distributing wages through bank accounts
5. Which of these countries is the largest producer of milk and milk products in the world?
A) USA B) China C) India D) New Zealand E) None of these
6. Which of the following is the most important rabi crop of India?
A) Rice B) Millet C) Sugarcane D) Groundnut E) Mustard
7. Who is the reg7ulatory authority for insurance business in India?
A) RBI B) IRDP C) SEBI D) NABARD E) IRDA
8. What is money laundering?
A) Conversion of assets into cash
B) Conversion of illegally obtained money into accountable money
C) Conversion of cash into gold. D) Conversion of gold into cash E) None of these
9. Golden revolution refers to the development of which of the following agricultural products?
A) Oilseeds B) Pulses C) Horticultural products D) Cereals E) Fodder
10. Which programme was launched by Government of India to improve irrigation facilities in rural India?
A) Annapurna Scheme B) National Social Assistance Programme
C) Integrated Rural Development Programme D) Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana
E) National Watershed Development Programme
11. Montek Singh Ahluwalia is holding which of the following positions at present?
A) Chairman of Planning Commission B) Governor of RBI C) Secretary of UNO
D) Economic Advisor to Prime Minister E) Dy Chairman of Planning Commission
12. Bird flu is a disease which affects and spreads through
A) Cattle B) Sheep C) Prawn D) Silkworm E) Poultry
13. Which country won the Davis Cup tennis tournament 2011 held in December 2011?
A) Argentina B) USA C) Australia D) Japan E) Spain
14. Who among the following cricketers recently became the 10th batsman to score 10000 runs in Test cricket?
A) Mahela Jayawardene B) Vijay Zol C) Yuvraj Singh D) younis Khan E) Umar Akmal
15. The Collective Security Treaty Organisation (CSTO) Summit took place in December 2011 in
A) Tokyo B) Moscow C) New Delhi D) Paris E) Perth
16. Who represented India in 12th Consecutive Annual India-Russia Summit held in December 2011?
A) Smt Pratibha Patil B) Dr Manmohan Singh C) Sonia Gandhi D) SM Krishna
E) None of these
17. Which of the following currencies is used in Britain?
A) Pound B) Dollar C) Euro D) Franc E) Pesso
18. Which of the following cups/trophies is associated with the game of Football?
A) Grand Prix B) Rangaswami Cup C) Wimbledon Trophy D) Fifa Cup E) Ranji Trophy
19. The head office of the Bank of Maharashtra is located in which of the following cities?
A) Kolkata B) New Delhi C) Pune D0 Ahmedabad E) Mumbai
20. Which country hosted the summit of SAARC nations in the year 2011?
A) India B) Bangladesh C) Nepal D) Maldives E) Pakistan
21. Which of the following terms is not used in the field of Economics?
A) Balance of Trade B) Break Even Point C) Plasma D) Fiscal Deficit
E) Capital Account Convertibility
22. “Carbon credit” is concerned with which one of these internationally sensitive issues?
A) Deforestation B) Contract farming C) Rural infrastructure D) Diamond trading
E) Protection of environment
23. Which of the following terms is used in the game of Cricket?
A) Half Nelson B) Love C) Back Hand Drive D) Penalty Stroke E) Clean Bowled
24. India recently signed a Currency Swap Agreement with which of the following countries?
A) USA B) Pakistan C) Japan D) Germany E) Australia
25. What is the full form of the term ASBA?
A) Allotment Supported by Blocked Amount B) Application Supported by Bank Amount
C) Allotment Supported by Bank Account D) Application Supported by Blocked Amount
E) Allotment and Social Bank9ing Amount
26. Dipika Pallikal, who won an international tournament recently in Hong Kong is a
A) Golf Player B) Badminton Player C) Squash player D) Swimmer E) Table Tennis Player
27. The tern “Deficit Financing” means the Government borrows money from the
A) IMF B) Local bodies C) RBI D) Large corporate E) Public at large
28. Regional Rural Banks
A) have limited area of operation and access to refinance from NABARD.
B) are required to lend only to weaker sections. C) are mandated to do only narrow banking.
D) can only extend agricultural loans. E) have unrestricted area of operation.
29. Ms Christine Lagarde is holding which of the following positions at present?
A) Chief of Asian Development Bank B) Chief of International Monetary Fund
C) Chancellor of Germany D) Chief of Morgan Stanley E) Chief of World Bank
30. What is the present reverse REPO rate?
A) 7.5% B) 8.5% C) 8% D) 6.5% E) None of these
31. General Assembly elections were held in which of the following North East states in January 2012?
A) Assam B) Meghalaya C) Arunachal Pradesh D) Manipur E) Tripura
32. What is the full form of the term FDI?
A) Foreign Direct Investment B) Foreign Diverse Investment C) Fixed deposit Investment
D) Floating Deposit Investment E) Financial Derivatives in India
33. The erstwhile UTI Bank is presently known as
A) ING Vysya Bank B) Yes Bank C) Indusind Bank D) Axis Bank E) IDBI Bank
34. Which of the following telecom giants recently won its case against the Income Tax Department?
A) Bharti Airtel B) Vodafone C) Idea Cellular D) Reliance Communications
E) Tata telecom
35. Which of the following countries recently attained the status of world’s sixth largest economy?
A) Russia B) Japan C) China D) India E) Brazil
36. Which of the following countries decided to withdraw from Kyoto Protocol?
A) Canada B) Russia C) India D) USA E) China
37. Which of the following is NOT a Banking or Finance Company?
A) Barclay B) Lufthansa C) BNP Paribas D) American Express E) HSBC
38. India and Russia were having some differences over which of the following nuclear power plants?
A) Kaiga B) Kudankulam C) Rawatbhata D) Narora E) None of these
39. Excise duty is a tax levied on which of the following?
A) Production of goods B) Purchase of goods C) Export of goods
D) Sale of goods E) Movement of goods beyond municipal limits
40. “India and Pakistan started fresh talks on conventional CBM” was the news in all major newspapers. What does the letter ‘M’ denote in the term ‘CBM’ as used above?
A) Money B) Mechanism C) Modalities D) Measures E) Memorial
41. Which of the following is the unit of electrical current?
A) Bar B) Calorie C) Ampere D) Decibel E) Angstrom
42. Global Meet on Emerging Economies was organized in December 2011 in
A) New Delhi B) Dhaka C) Islamabad D) Kathmandu E) Capetown
43. Which of the following awards is given to the coaches of sportspersons?
A) Kalidas Samman B) Dronacharya Award C) Arjuna Award
D) Dada Saheb Phalke Award E) Saraswati Samman
44. Which of the following countries recently agreed to sell Uranium to India?
A) Australia B) USA C) Iran D) Germany E) Bangladesh
45. Which of the following schemes launched by the Government of India is aimed at developing rural infrastructure?
A) MNREGA B) ASHA C) Bharat Nirman D) Operation Flood E) Operation Black board
46.Who among the following is a famous Sportsperson?
A) Dhanush B) Saina Nahwal C) Charles Correa D) Ajit Singh E) Kim Jong –Un
47. Speed of a ship is expressed in
A) Kilometer B) Horsepower C) Ohm D) Knot E) Coulomb
48. USA and some other European countries recently imposed fresh sanctions on which of the following countries as they are not in favour of its nuclear advancement?
A) Iraq B) Pakistan C) India D) Iran E) Kuwait
49. Who among the following has written the book Dr Zhivago?
A) Pearl S Buck B) HG Wells C) Saul Bellow D) Emile Zola E) Boris Pasternak
50. Yoshihiko Noda was on a visit to India recently. He is the present Prime Minister of
A) Myanmar B) South Korea C) North Korea D) Japan E) None of these
ANSWERS – 11 2012 3
1.C 2.B 3.D 4.A 5.C 6.E 7.E 8.B 9.C 10.E
11.E 12.E 13.E 14.A 15.B 16.B 17.A 18.D 19.C 20.D
21.C 22.E 23.E 24.C 25.D 26.C 27.C 28.A 29.B 30.E
31.D 32.A 33.D 34.B 35.E 36.A 37.B 38.B 39.A 40.D
41.C 42.A 43.B 44.A 45.C 46.B 47.D 48.D 49.E 50.D
BANKING RELATED GENERAL AWARENESS -- 11 2012 3 Reviewed by sambasivan srinivasan on 8:12:00 AM Rating: