CURRENT GK QUESTIONS NATIONAL 1. Campaign against malnutrition is an initiative of a) Women and Child Develop...
CURRENT GK QUESTIONS
1. Campaign against malnutrition is an initiative of
a) Women and Child Development Ministry
b) Health and Family Welfare Ministry c) Rural Development Ministry
d) Human Resource Development Ministry
2. The Union Cabinet on November 2 cleared major amendments in the law relating to
a) handloom workers b) construction workers c) mining workers
d) None of these
3. Congress President Sonia Gandhi on November 7 flagged off rail coach manufacturing factory in
Raebareli d) Allahabad
4. Which state topped the list of total convicts lodged in Indian jails as per the NCRB figures related in November?
a) Karnataka b) Tamil Nadu c)
Bihar d) Uttar Pradesh
5. National Education Day is observed on
a) 7 November b) 8 November c) 10 November d) 11 November
6. The new Akash – 2 Tablet has been manufactured by
a) HCL b) i-ball c) Datawind d) None of these
7. The Protection of Children from Sexual Offence Act, 2012 came into force on
a) November 14 b) November 17 c) November 20
d) November 24
8. Who has been appointed head of the INC Coordination Panel for 2014 Lok Sabha Elections?
a) Sonia Gandhi b) Rahul Gandhi c) Manish Tewari
d) Ahmed Patel
9. How many essential drugs would come under price control policy of
, as per
the new pricing policy declared by the Union Cabinet? India
a) 248 b) 288 c) 348 d) 378
10. A coastal chain of static sensors positioned along the coast of ___________ was inauguranted by Ministry of Defence on November 23.
a) Karnataka b) Odisha c) Andhra Pradesh d) Tamil Nadu
11. The political party launched by Arvind Kejriwal is
a) Aam Janata Party b) Jan Sadharan Party c) Aam Aadmi Party
d) Aam Lok Party
12. The culprit of Mumbai attack Ajmal Kasab was hanged on November 21 in ………
a) Mumbai b)
Pune d) None of these Nasik
13. Which of the following states tops the list of best performing states and
in terms of environmental well-being? Union Territories
a) Himachal Pradesh b)
c) d) Uttarakhand Sikkim
November 23 successfully test-fired an indigenously developed supersonic
interceptor missile from …………. India
a) Chandipore b) Sri Harikota c)
d) None of these
…………….. among 97 countries in guaranteeing access to all civil justice. India
a) 48th b) 58th c) 68th d) 78th
16. President Pranab Mukherjee on November 29 released a commemorative postage stamp on the occasion of silver Jublee of ……………..
a) Consumer Protection Act
b) The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences
c) Social Security Act d) None of these
17. Which of the following High Courts launched e-court Fee System making justice delivery system paperless?
Calcutta High Court b) High Court Delhi
Bombay High Court d)
High Court Patna
18. Which of the following states recently approved 5 percent reservation for SBCs?
a) Rajasthan b)
Uttar Pradesh d) Jharkhand
19. Which of the following were honoured with Asian Business Awards?
a) Mukesh Ambani and Ratan Tata b) Mukesh Ambani and Anand Mahindra
c) Savitri Jindal and Anil Ambani d) Kamal Nath and Anand Mahindra
20. Discovery Communications on November 1 officially launched the Kid channel, Discovery. Kids in …………..
a) Karnataka b) Kerala c) Andhra Pradesh d) Tamil Nadu
21. Who has been appointed new chief of Intelligence Bureau?
a) Asif Ibrahim b) Alok Joshi c) Ranjit Sinha d) None of these
22. Who has been appointed new director of CBI?
a) Alok Joshi b) Asif Ibrahim c) Ranjit Sinha d) None of these
23. Who has been conferred with the Kalidas Samman on November 24?
a) Amir Khan b) Shabana Azmi c) Anupam Kher
d) Amitabh Bachchan
24. How many votes Obama secured in U.S. Presidential Elections, 2012 held on November 6?
a) 206 b) 282 c) 203 d) 383
25. The 21st ASEAN Summit was held in November in
Phnom Penh b)
Kualalumpur c) Bangkok d) Tokyo
26. The 9th
Asia – Europe Meeting Summit of
Heads of State and Government (ASEM) was hosted by
Laos b) Cambodia
c) d) None of these Philippines
27. Who has been elected new general secretary of Communist Party of China?
a) Xi Jinping b) Li Keqiang c) Bo-Xilai d) None of these
28. With which country
on November 16 signed pact on rare earth mineral? India
South Korea b) North
China d) Japan
29. With which country,
on November 26 signed a social security pact? India
Switzerland b) Sweden
30. Which country on November 27 launched first Lankan satellite?
China b) Japan
31. The World Development report is released by
a) International Monetary Fund b) World bank
c) Ecosoc d) Asian Development Bank
32. Which of the following countries on November 28 successfully test-fired Hatif-V ballistic missile?
Pakistan b) Iran
c) d) None of these China
33. United Nations declared …………… as Malala Day.
a) November 7 b) November 8 c) November 9 d) November 10
34. At least 47 children were killed on November 17 in a crash in ……….
Israel b) Egypt
35. Name the first female elected President of Interpol.
a) Tulsi Gabbard b) V.R. Iyer c) Mireille Balestrazzi d) None of these
36. Which of the following countries enacted investment law on November 2?
Myanmar b) Banglaesh c) Nepal d) Bhutan
37. Which of the following Indian personalities delivered a keynote address to achieve energy independence at the Beijing Forum?
a) Ratan Tata b) Sam Pitroda c) APJ Abdul Kalam
d) Pranab Mukherjee
38. Which of the following countries was on November 2 inducted as dialogue partner in Indian Ocean Rim?
USA b) Canada
November 8 elected as a board member of Nepal
a) Security Council b) Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)
c) International Monetary Fund d) World Bank
40. The U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights recently urged for necessary steps towards granting Rohingyas citizens rights and equal treatment. These Rohingyas belonged to ……….
Myanmar b) Bangladesh
c) Bhutan d)
41. Which of the following countries is the first major nation to recognize the newly formed Syrian National Coalition of opposition and Revolutionaries as the legitimate representative of the Syrian people?
a) Britian b)
Germany d) USA
42. Alvin Roth and Lloyd Shapley of
were awarded the Nobel economics prize for their work in: America
a) market design and matching theory b) poverty alleviation
c) market regulation d) welfare economics
43. Hugo Chavez recently re-elected as President of which of the country:
Vietnam b) Venezuela
44. Which of the following nations has elected Ali Zidan as the new Prime Minister?
Libya b) Kenya
45. The Ministry for Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation raised the income criterion for Economically Weaker criterion for Economically Weaker Section housings from 6000 rupees per year initially to
a) 80,000 rupees b) 1 lakh rupees c) 1.2 lakh rupees
d) None of these
which rank as per the Financial Development Index 2012? India
a) 30th b) 40th c) 50th d) 60th
inked pact with ………… to check tax evasion and proliferation of black money. India
Germany b) France
Kingdom d) Canada
48. The minimum support price for long staple cotton has been fixed at ………….. for the fiscal 2012-13.
a) Rs.3300 b) Rs.3500 c) Rs.3700 d) Rs.3900
49. As per the new guildelines, a MSE would be considered sick if any of the borrowal account of the enterprise remains non-performing assets (NPA)
a) for two months b) for three months or more c) for more than six months
d) for more than nine months
50. ONGC sold ……… stakes of Krishna Godaveri basin of deepsea block to Japan’s Impex Corp.
a) 26 per cent b) 49 per cent c) 51 per cent d) 74 per cent
51. The Union Government on November 8 approved the release of funds for the establishment of ……….. integrated textile parks.
a) 18 b) 19 c) 20 d) 21
52. Vodafone India on November 8 signed an agreement with ………. to launch a mobile payment service.
a) State Bank of
b) Central Bank of India c) ICICI Bank India
d) Punjab National Bank
53. Sun Pharma on November 8 inked a pact to acquire DUSA Pharmaceuticals, which is a ……….
U.S. based company b) – based company Germany
based company d) None of
54. Take Power on November 8 acquired 26 per cent stake in BSSR which is a ……….. Company.
a) French b)
c) Japanese d) Chinese Indonesia
55. Which of the following companies slashed the prices of its three generic cancer drugs …….. Erlocip, Docetax and capegard?
a) Cipla b) Alkem c) Abbot d) Aristo
56. International liquor major Diaego on November a announced its decision to acquire …… stake in Vijay Mallya – owned United Spirit Ltd. (USL)
a) 49 per cent b) 52 per cent c) 53.4 per cent
d) 74 per cent
57. Which country recently banned import of eggs and chicken from
second time in 2012? India
Iran b) Saudi Arabia
58. The Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE) on November 16 lowered the growth forecast to …………….
a) 6 per cent b) 6.2 per cent c) 5.7 per cent d) 5.5 per cent
59. The Finance Ministry on November 21 raised the cap on investment by Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) to
a) 15 per cent b) 20 per cent c) 25 per cent
d) 30 per cent
60. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) on November 22 approved sale of 9.5 per cent government stake in ……..
a) GAIL b) SAIL c) NTPC d) BHEL
61. Which country tops the Financial Development Index 2012?
USA b) Hong Kong c) United Kingdom d)
launched a joint study research project on LNG with which country? India
a) Japan b) U.S c)
63. Who were named IAAF World Athletes of the Year 2012?
a) David Rushida and Valerie Adams b) Aerils Meritt and Jessica Ennis
c) Usain Bolt and Allyson Felix d) None of these
64. Life ban on Mohammad Azharuddin was on November 8 lifted by
Delhi High Court b)
High Court c) Andhra Pradesh High Court
d) None of these
65. Which of the following Women Cricket Teams won ACC T20 Asia Cup?
India b) Pakistan
Lanka d) Bangladesh
66. Who became recently the youngest triple champion in the history of Formula – one?
a) Fernando Alonso b) Sabestian Vettel c) Hamilton
d) None of these
67. Which country won the Davis Cup Finals?
Spain b) Czech
France d) Italy
Gaganjee Bhullar is related to India
a) Golf b) Cricket c) Hockey d) Football
69. Mirabai Chanu claimed three bronze medals at Asian Jr.Weightlifting. Chanu is from ……….
India b) Bangladesh
Myanmar d) Bhutan
70. During BCCI Annual Awards 2011-12 Ceremony,
C.K.Nayudu Life time
achievement award was conferred on Col.
a) Virat Kohli b) Sachin Tendulkar c) Sunil Gavaskar
d) Rahul Dravid
71. Which Australian Cricketer on November 29 announced his retirement from Test Cricket?
a) Ricky Ponting b) Mike Hussey c) Andrew Symonds
d) None of these
72. Name the first person who scored three double centuries in a calendar year.
a) Hashim Amla b) Sachin Tendulkar c) Alaister Cook
d) Michael Clarke
1.a 2.b 3.c 4.d 5.d 6.c 7.a 8.b 9.c 10.c
11.c 12.c 13.d 14.a 15.d 16.a 17.b 18.a 19.d 20.c
21.a 22.c 23.c 24.c 25.a 26.a 27.a 28.d 29.b 30.a
31.a 32.a 33.d 34.b 35.c 36.a 37.c 38.a 39.b 40.a
41.b 42.a 43.b 44.a 45.b 46.b 47.c 48.d 49.b 50.a
51.d 52.c 53.a 54.b 55.b 56.c 57.c 58.a 59.d 60.c
61.b 62.a 63.c 64.c 65.a 66.b 67.b 68.a 69.a 70.c