SBI PO Reasonig Questions with answers March-0113
1. A family I know has several children. Each boy in this family has as many sisters as brothers but each girl has twice as many brothers as sisters. How many brothers and sisters are there?
Ans: 4 boys and 3 girls.
2. In a soap company a soap is manufactured with 11 parts. For making one soap you will get 1 part as scrap. At the end of the day u have 251 such scraps. From that how many soaps can be manufactured?
3. There is a 5digit no. 3 pairs of sum is eleven each. Last digit is 3 times the first one. 3 rd digit is 3 less than the second.4 th digit is 4 more than the second one. Find the digit.
4. Every day a cyclist meets a train at a particular crossing. The road is straight before the crossing and both are traveling in the same direction. The cyclist travels with a speed of 10 Kmph. One day the cyclist comes late by 25 min. and meets the train 5km before the crossing. What is the speed of the train?
Ans: 60 kmph
5. Two twins have certain peculiar characteristics. One of them always lies on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. The other always lies on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. On the other days they tell the truth. You are given a conversation.
Person A-- today is Sunday my name is Anil
Person B -- today is Tuesday, my name is Bill
what day is today?
Ans: Today is Tuesday
Directions 6:10 in each of the questions given below which one of the five answer figures on the right should come after the problem figures on the left, if the sequence were continued?
6) E 7) C 8) B 9) E 10) D
Directions 11-15: Each problem consists of a problem followed by two statements. Decide whether the data in the statements are sufficient to answer the question. Select your answer according to whether:
(A) Statement 1 alone is sufficient, but statement 2 alone is not sufficient to answer the question
(B) Statement 2 alone is sufficient, but statement 1 alone is not sufficient to answer the question
(C) Both statements taken together are sufficient to answer the question, but neither statement alone is sufficient
(D) Each statement alone is sufficient
(E) Statements 1 and 2 together are not sufficient, and additional data is needed to answer the question
11. If x and y are both positive integers, how much greater is x than y?
x + y = 20
x = y²
12. Fifty percent of the articles in a certain magazine are written by staff members. Sixty percent of the articles are on current affairs. If 75 percent of the articles on current affairs are written by staff members with more than 5 years experience of journalism, how many of the articles on current affairs are written by journalists with more than 5 years experience?
20 articles are written by staff members.
Of the articles on topics other than current affairs, 50 percent are by staff members with less than 5 years experience.
13. Is xy > 0?
x/y < 0
x + y < 0
14 One number, n, is selected at random from a set of 10 integers. What is the probability that ½ n + 13 = 0?
The largest integer in the set is 13.
The arithmetic mean of the set is zero.
15. Is w a whole number?
3w is an odd number.
2w is an even number.
Directions (Question 16 to 19): Read the following information carefully and answer the questions given below it.
IV. i) There are six friends A, B, C, D, E and F
ii) Each one is proficient in one of the games, namely Badminton, Vollyball, Cricket, Hockey, Tennis and Polo
iii) Each owns a different colored car, namely yellow, green, black, white, blue and red.
iv) D plays Polo and owns a yellow colored car
v) C does not play either Tennis or Hockey and owns neither blue nor yellow colored car
vi) E owns a white car and plays Badminton
vii) B does not play Tennis; he owns a red coloured car.
viii) A plays Cricket and owns a black car
16. Who plays Volleyball?
A) B B) C C) F D) Data inadequate E) None of these
17. Which coloured car F owns?
A) Green B) Blue C) Either Green or Blue D) Data inadequate E) None of these
18. Which of the following combinations of colour of car and game played is not correct?
A) Yellow - Polo B) Green - Tennis C) Black - Cricket D) Red- Hockey E) None of these
19. In a group of six women, there are four dancers, four vocal musicians, one actress and three violinists. Girija and Vanaja are among the violinists while Jalaja and Shailaja do not know how to play on the violin. Shailaja and Tanuja are among the dancers. Jalaja, Vanaja, Shailaja and Tanuja are all vocal musicians and two of them are also violinists. If Pooja is an actress, who among the following is both a dancer and violinist?
A) Jalaja B) Shailaja C) Tanuja D) Pooja
20. Salay walked 10 m towards West from his house. Then he walked 5 m turning to his left. After this he walked 10 m turning to his left and in the end he walked 10 m turning to his left. In what direction is he now from his starting point?
(A) South (B) North (C) East (D) West (E) None of these
21. Manish goes 7 km towards South-East from his house, then he goes 14 km turning to West. After this he goes 7 km towards North West and in the end he goes 9 km towards East. How far is he from his house?
(A) 5 km (B) 7 km (C) 2 km (D) 14 km (E) None of these
22. Laxman went 15 kms from my house, then turned left and walked 20 kms. He then turned east and walked 25 kms and finally turning left covered 20kms. How far was he from his house?
(A) 5 kms (B) 10 kms (C) 40 kms (D) 80 kms (E) None of these
23. The door of Aditya's house faces the east. From the back side of his house, he walks straight 50 metres, then turns to the right and walks 50 metres, then turns towards left and stops after walking 25 metres. Now Aditya is in which direction from the starting point?
(A) South-East (B) North-East (C) South- West (D) North-West (E) None of these
24. P, Q, R and S are playing a game of carrom. P, R, and S, Q are partners. S is to the right of R who is facing west. Then Q is facing?
(A) North (B) South (C) East (D) West (E) None of these
25. A clock is so placed that at 12 noon its minute hand points towards north-east. In which direction does its hour hand point at 1.30 p.m?
(A) North (B) South (C) East (D) West (E) None of these
26. A man walks 30 metres towards South. Then, turning to his right, he walks 30 metres. Then turning to his left, he walks 20 metres. Again he turns to his left and walks 30 metres. How far is he from his initial position?
A. 20 metres B. 30 metres C.60 metres D. 80 metres E None of these
Directions 27-30: The table below shows the number of people who responded to a survey about their favorite style of music. Use this information to answer the following questions to the nearest whole percentage.
27. What percentage of respondents under 31, indicated that blues in their favorite style?
A. 7.1 B. 7.6 C. 8.3 D. 14.1 E. 7.2
28. What percentage of respondents aged 21-30 indicated that jazz is their favorite style?
A. 64 % B. 60% C. 75% D. 36% E. 46%
29. What percentage of the total sample indicated that Jazz is heir favorite style of music?
A. 6 % B. 8% C. 22% D. 4% E. 11%
30. What percentage of the total sample were aged 21-30?
A. 31 % B. 23% C. 25% D. 14% E. 30%
SBI PO Reasonig Questions with answers March-0113 Reviewed by Manohar Veera on 9:21:00 PM Rating: