CURRENT AFFAIRS ---POSTED ON 26042013
CURRENT AFFAIRS -- POSTED ON 26042013
1. The President of India, Pranab Mukherjee inauguarted the …….. Knowledge Millennium Summit at Vigyan Bhavan, New Delhi.
a) 10th b) 20th c) 30th d) 40th e) 50th
2. Who launched the much awaited Rajiv Gandhi Equity Savings Scheme in Mumbai?
a) Sonia Gandhi b) P.Chidambaram c) Pranab Mukherjee
d) Manmohan Singh e) None of these
3. The ….. meeting of Ganga Flood Control Board was held under the chairmanship of Union Minister of Water Resources Harish Rawat in New Delhi.
a) 16th b) 18th c) 20th d) 24th e) 26th
4. Who is the author of the book ‘Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose and German’?
a) Jyotsna Kumar Mandal b) Anita B.Pfaff c) Pankaj Sharma
d) George Verghese e) None of these
5. The delegation level Inter-Governmental Railway meeting between India and …… was held from 14th to 16th January 2013.
a) Nepal b) China c) Bangladesh d) Pakistan
e) Sri Lanka
6. What is the full form of NRHM?
a) National Rural Healthy Mission b) National Rural Health Mission
c) National Rural Health Mission d) National Rural Healthy Mission
e) None of these
7. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved the widening of ….. to two … lanes with paved shoulders from Tanda to Banda in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
a) NH-230 b) NH-231 c) NH 232 d) NH-233 e) NH-234
8. Who was appointed as the group spokesperson and brand custodian of TATA Group?
a) Cyrus Mistry b) Mukund Govind Rajan c) R.Gopalakrishnan
d) Ratan Tata e) None of these
9. The President of India, Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated the …….. Congress of the Asia Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology at Hyderabad on January 17, 2013.
a) 18th b) 28th c) 38th d) 48th e) 58th
10. Who is the President of Iran?
a) Hosni Mubarak b) Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
c) Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini d) Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi
e) None of these
11. The President of India, Pranab Mukherjee inauguarted Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission’s celebration of the …….. Birth Anniversary of Swami Vivekananda at Swamiji’s own birthplace at Kolkata on January 18, 2013.
a) 50th b) 100th c) 125th d) 150th e) 175th
12. Who was the Chief Guest for the Republic Day Celebrations of India?
a) Rajkeswur Purryag b) Dr.A.Pillay c) Navinchandra Ramgoolam
d) Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck e) None of these
13. The National Mission for Empowerment of Women in collaboration with the Lawyers Collective Women’s Rights Initiative, Supported by UN Women is holding the Sixth National Conference on implementation of PWDVA, 2005 on ……..
a) 21st January 2013 b) 23rd January 2013 c) 25th January 2013
d) 27th January 2013 e) 29th January 2013
14. Solicitor - General of India, Rohinton F. Nariman resigned from his office on ……….
a) 4 February 2013 b) 5 February 2013 c) 6 February 2013
d) 7 February 2013 e) 8 February 2013
15. The International Tourism Mart organized by the Ministry of Tourism was inauguarted at Guwahati by the Governor of Assam………..
a) K.Chiranjeevi b) Tarun Gogoi c) Janaki Ballav Patnaik
d) Usha Gogoi e) None of these
16. When is World Cancer Day observed?
a) 4 February 2013 b) 14 February 2013 c) 24 February 2013
d) 28 February 2013 e) None of these
17. Who has been elected as the President of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India?
a) Harish K.Vaid b) S.N.Ananthasubramanian c) M.S.Sahoo
d) Nisar Ahmad e) None of these
18. Ayesha Haroon died on 2nd February 2013 in New York. Who was she?
a) Cartoonist b) Economist c) Journalist d) Scientist e) None of these
19. A total of ….. school children from actors the country have been awarded for their paintings in the 3rd National Painting Competition on water conservation held in New Delhi.
a) 11 b) 13 c) 15 d) 17 e) 19
20. Shanu Lahiri died on 1st February 2013 at Kolkata. Who was he?
a) Editor b) Magician c) Painter d) Scientist e) None of these
21. The index of mineral production of mining and quarrying sector in November 2012 was lower by …….. compared to that of the preceding month.
a) 0.7% b) 1.7% c) 2.7% d) 3.7% e) 4.7%
22. Who has been appointed as Vice - President of India Cements?
a) Sachin Tendulkar b) Virendra Sehwag c) Gautam Gambhir
d) Mahendra Singh Dhoni e) None of these
23. The total value of mineral production (excluding) atomic & minor minerals) in the country during November 2012 was Rs. ……. crore.
a) 17004 b) 27004 c) 37004 d) 47004 e) 57004
24. What is the position of India in the latest World Press Freedom Index?
a) 140th b) 141th c) 142th d) 143th e) 144th
25. The …….. Meeting of ASEAN and India Tourism Ministers was held in Vientiane, Lao PDR in conjunction with the ASEAN Tourism Forum 2013.
a) Fourth b) Fifth c) Sixth d) Seventh e) Eighth
26. Who has been appointed as the new Director of the Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research?
a) S.C.Chetal b) P.R.Vasudeva Rao c) T.K.Bera d) Sekhar Basu
e) None of these
27. The President of India, Pranab Mukherjee inauguarted the new Integrated Passenger Terminal Building and unveiled the statue of Netaji Subhash Candhra Bose at the Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport, Kolkata. Kolkata is the gateway to the………
a) North b) East c) West d) South e) North - East
28. Who won his 75th PGA Tour title in the Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines?
a) Brandt Snedeker b) Tiger Woods c) Jeev Milkha Singh
d) Josh Teater e) None of these
29. The National Bravery Awards were initiated in …….. by Indian Council for Child Welfare.
a) 1955 b) 1956 c) 1957 d) 1958 e) 1959
30. Who won its 40th Ranji trophy at Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai?
a) Saurashtra b) Hyderabad c) Rajasthan d) Mumbai e) None of these
31. The Government of India in 2008 declared …….. of every year to be celebrated at the ‘National Girl Child Day’ with the objective of raising consciousness of the society towards the girl child so that she can be valued and respected.
a) January 21 b) January 22 c) January 23 d) January 24 e) January 25
32. Who has won the Women’s Singles title of the Australian Open 2013?
a) Li Na b) Maria Sharapova c) Serena Williams
d) Victoria Azarenka e) None of these
33. The Union Minister of Steel, Beni Prasad Verma was presented with a Bonus Share Certificate comprising …….. Equity Shares of Rs.10 each by S.K. Tripathi, CMD, MSTC LTD.,
a) 19,29,800 b) 29,29,800 c) 39,29,800 d) 49,29,800 e) 59,29,800
34. Who has won the Men’s Singles title of the Australian Open 2013?
a) Leander Paes b) Rafael Nadal c) Andy Murray
d) Novak Djokovic e) None of these
35. S. Jayaraman has been appointed as Special Secretary (Internal Security) in the Ministry of Home Affairs. He is an IPS officer of ……… batch of West Bengal cadre.
a) 1974 b) 1975 c) 1976 d) 1977 e) 1978
36. Who have won the Men’s Doubles title of the Australian Open 2013?
a) Robin Haase and Igor Sijsling b) Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi
c) Mike Brayan and Bob Bryan d) Leander paes and Radek Stepanek
e) None of these
37. The Ministry of Railways has set up a central monitoring cell with the toll free number i.e. ……… for the convenience of railway users to register their complaints regarding railways’ catering services like food quality, over charging etc., both at railway stations and in running trains.
a) 1800-111-121 b) 1800-111-221 c) 1800-111-321
d) 1800-111-421 e) 1800-111-521
38. Who have won the Women’s Doubles title of the Australian Open 2013?
a) Sara Errani and Robert Vinci b) Ashleigh Barty and Casey Dellacque
c) Svetlana Kuznetsova and Vera Zvonareva
d) Sara Errani and Vera Zvonareva e) None of these
39. The Foundation for Amity & National Solidarity, .......... has been selected for the National Communal Harmony Award for the year 2012.
a) Delhi b) Nagpur c) Chandigarh d) Lucknow
40. Who have won the Mixed Doubles title of the Australian Open 2013?
a) Mattek - Sands and Leander Paes b) Elena Vesnina and Leander Paes
c) Mattek - Sands and Horia Tecau d) Jarmila Gajdosova and Matthew Edben
e) None of these
41. Formed in ……, the Foundation for Amity & National Solidarity is a Delhi based Trust which works for spreading amity and communal harmony.
a) 1980 b) 1981 c) 1982 d) 1983 e) 1984
42. The Australian Open 2013 was the ……. edition of the Australian Open.
a) 100th b) 101st c) 102nd d) 103rd e) 104th
43. The National Communal Harmony Awards were instituted in ….. by the National Foundation for communal Harmony, an autonomous organisation set up by the Ministry of Home Affairs, for promoting communal harmony and national integration.
a) 1992 b) 1993 c) 1994 d) 1995 e) 1996
44. In a major initiative to reach out to the people in the Social Media Space, who launched the ‘MyIndia Initiative - A Digital Volunteer Programme’?
a) Jyotiraditya M.Scindia b) Beni Prasad Verma c) Manish Tewari
d) D.R.S.Chaudhary e) None of these
45. In a scientific breakthrough that promises improved grain yields and quality, greater drought tolerance and disease resistance, and enhanced genetic diversity, a global research team has completed high-quality sequencing of not one but ……. genomes of chickpea.
a) 70 b) 80 c) 90 d) 110 e) 130
46. Who has been appointed as chairman & member, Joint Electricity Regulatory Commission for Mainpur & Mizoram?
a) Ranjit Singh b) A.Chhawnmawia c) Milind Deora
d) L.Sadananda Singh e) None of these
47. The Election Commission of India celebrate the 3rd National Voters’ Day across the country on ………..
a) 24th January, 2013 b) 25th January, 2013 c) 26th January 2013
d) 27th January, 2013 e) 28th January, 2013
48. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved the doubling of the Palanpur - Samakhiali section of ……. kms under the Western Railway.
a) 147.73 b) 247.73 c) 347.73 d) 447.73 e) 547.73
49. President of India has approved the conferment of ….. Padma Awards.
a) 68 b) 78 c) 88 d) 98 e) 108
50. Who released Shubh Yatra, an exclusive monthly bi-lingual (Hindi & English) inflight magazine of Air India?
a) Sushil Kumar Shinde b) P.Chidambaram c) Ajit Singh
d) Salman Khurshid e) None of these
1.a 2.b 3.a 4.b 5.c 6.c 7.c 8.b 9.b 10.b
11.d 12.d 13.a 14.a 15.c 16.a 17.b 18.c 19.b 20.c
21.a 22.d 23.a 24.a 25.a 26.b 27.b 28.b 29.c 30.d
31.d 32.d 33.e 34.d 35.d 36.c 37.c 38.a 39.a 40.d
41.e 42.b 43.e 44.c 45.c 46.b 47.b 48.b 49.e 50.c
CURRENT AFFAIRS ---POSTED ON 26042013 Reviewed by sambasivan srinivasan on 8:04:00 AM Rating: