Advanced Reasoning ----DECISION MAKING --
Directions (Q.1-5): Following are the conditions for selecting management trainees in a PSU.
The candidate must
A) be a graduate with at least 60 per cent marks
B) have work experience of at least two years after completion of graduation
C) not be more than 35 years of age as on 01.02.2013
D) have scored at least 40 per cent marks in the personal interview
E) have scored at least 55 per cent marks in the written examination.
In the case of a candidate who satisfies all the above conditions except
a) (ii) above, but has a work experience of at least one year, his/her case is to be referred to the Chairman-Recruitment.
b) (iii) above, but is less than 40 years of age, his/her case is to be referred to the President - Recruitment.
In each of the questions below are given the details of each candidate. You have to take one of the following courses of action based on the information provided and the conditions and sub-conditions given above and mark the number of that course of action as your answer.
You are not supposed to assume anything other than the information provided in each question. All these cases are given to you as on 01.02.2013.
a) If the candidate is to be selected
b) if the candidate is not to be selected
c) if the data provided are inadequate to take a decision.
d) If the case is to be referred to the Chairman - Recruitment.
e) if the case is to be referred to the President - Recruitment.
1. Nilesh Wadekar, who completed his graduation with 63% marks, has been working for last 3 years. He got 57% marks in the written examination and 43% marks in the interview.
2. Abhijit Sharma, a computer Science graduate, has scored 74% marks in both graduation and written examination. His date of birth is 7th August 1988. He scored only 45% marks in the interview and has been working for last eighteen months.
3. Sweta Sinha, whose date of birth is 15th January 1983, is B Tech (Mechanical) with 61% marks. She has been working for last 3 years. She got 61 marks in the interview and 56% marks in the written examination.
4. Priya Rai, a commerce graduate with 62% marks, has been working for last 5 years. She was born on 31st March 1986. She scored 81% marks in the written examination and 35% marks in the interview.
5. Vijay Chauhan was born on 8th February 1990. He got 68% and 51% in the written examination and the interview respectively. He has been working for last twenty five months and is a first - class graduate.
Advanced Reasoning ----DECISION MAKING -- Reviewed by sambasivan srinivasan on 12:33:00 PM Rating: