Brush up Vocabulary for Bank PO Exams :: SBI PO 2014 in focus
1. Abstruse: difficult to understand
Usage: Abstruse argument/topic.
2. Acclimatize:(v): adjust with climate or with any condition
3. Actuarial(adj): calculating
Usage: His actuarial skill is very good.
4. Adroit (adj): skill full
Usage: He succeeded by his adroit diplomacy.
5. Aegis(n): protection; support
Usage: Facilities were provided under the aegis of Red cross Society.
6. Belabour(v): to explain excessively
Usage: I don’t want to belabor this point again.
7. Blandishment(n):pleasant talks/action of flatter somebody
Usage: He refused to be moved by her blandishment.
8. Banal(adj): dull, uninteresting
Usage: Banal remarks/ comments in the party.
9. Bedlam(n):any place or situation of confusion
Usage: The children made the room and kitchen absolute bedlam.
10. Bellicose(adj): quarrelsome; warlike
Usage: She has bellicose nature
11. Cajole(v): to flatter
Usage: She was cajoled into accepting a part in play.
12. Canny (adj): careful and showing good judgement,esp. in business or spending the money.
Usage: a Canny follow.
13. Cardinal(adj): principal, chief, most important
Usage: A cardinal rule/reason.
14. Careen(v): sway from side to side
Usage: Car careening down the hill.
15. Carnage(n): killing many people
Usage: A scene of carnage.
16. Digress (v): to leave to main subject/work
Usage: The speaker digressed from the topic during his presentation.
17. Diligence(n): careful; hardworking
Usage: She shows great diligence in her school work.
18. Discursive(adj): changing from one topic to another
Usage: The play was very discursive in style. Very few people could understand the story.
19. Dotage(n):childish state due to old age
Usage: The old man becomes dotage in 70’s.
20. Deranged (adj): insane; stupid
Usage: She has become completely deranged
Brush up Vocabulary for Bank PO Exams :: SBI PO 2014 in focus Reviewed by Manohar Veera on 12:53:00 AM Rating: