DETAILED INTERVIEW - CHENNAI IBPS CLERKS IV -12TH FEBRUARY -- M.Sc COMPUTER SCIENCE CANDIDATE -- GOOD ONE - READ
Hi friends, I am Jesus Dasan from Puducherry. I appeared for SBI clerk interview and am waiting for the results. I attended IBPS CLERK IV Interview and am sharing my experience through this. I am sure this will be of help to others.
Interview Date - 11-02-2015.
Qualification : M.Sc Computer Science
Place - IOB Regional Office, Anna Salai, Mount Road, Chennai
Panel – IV
Time - 1.00 PM
(Friends LIC and Spencer Plaza are the main Landmarks near IOB.For those who are going in bus you can say LIC stopping and it is just a 5 mins walk from there. And from Spencer plaza just a min walk)
I reached the venue around 12.30. Candidates were seated. An Officer/Manager came and asked the candidates whether all of us know to read and write in Tamil. He told us to arrange the original documents and its photocopies . Then he allotted no for each candidate ( according to the roll no order) and started document verification.
Then they gave a newspaper and told us to write a paragraph after reading it. (On previous days they were asking the candidates to write a topic of their own)…
Documents arrangement :
1. Call letter
2. Clerks IV Application form
3. 10th marksheet
4. 12th marksheet
5. Degree / Provisional / Consolidated Marksheet (for all candidates those who have or does not have provisional or consolidated marksheet you have to bring each individual semester marksheets and its photocopies please note that.. But they ask individual certificates only for those candidates who are not having provisional or consolidated marksheets).
6. OBC (Non-creamy Layer is a must) / caste certificate.
7. ID proof
8. Whatever the experience certificates or any other certificates carry them it may be useful.
I was allotted No. 12 and my turn came at 3.20 P.M…….
There were 1 female and 3 male members in the panel. All were retired staff and they were very kind and friendly…
I entered the room and wished everyone. They offered me to take my seat.
M1 : You have been here already ? Is this your first interview? I think I have seen you before.
Me : I said 2 interview and previous one was SBI clerk and the result announced. He asked associates or sbi. I said SBI and now the associates exams are going on and one more week is left.
L1 : Tell me any 3 Carnatic Male singers ?
Me : This was my first question and suddenly I didn’t expect this one and I started thinking.
L1 : In your name itself there is a similar singer ?
Me : Then I said Yesu Das and Nithyashree Mahadevan
L1 : She interrupted and said male singers and said its ok tell another name.. (while I was thinking she skipped that question)
L1 : You have done M.sc Computer Science and said what is the future of Computer Science… You can become a Teacher na ? (thank god for asking this question)
Me: I said No mam I have a passion for Banking (before their asking why I myself started to answer for that question :P) I said I am a person who seeks happiness in making others happy… And I always wanted to do a service and a job as in Bank . In Banks clerks face several customers . If I become a clerk I will serve them and I will be more happy if I am posted in a rural area as I can help villagers in their financial dealings.
L1 : ( she was laughing :D ) And said nowadays customers will scold you pa if they didn’t get fast service…
Me : I said I will be enthusiastic and will serve .. I said an example of an employee in my bank who will be very jovial and enthusiastic in doing the job and I want to be like that. Then I said in Banks it will be great to work with Managers who are very good and if they motivate and help us it will be a great team work.
M1 : In IT also there is a Team Leader and a Project Manger. You can also work as a team there..
Me : I said they are not those kind of people ….they will say that the work is done because of him but in Bank the mangers will say its done by us…
(Now all of them smiled … )
M1: He asked then why did you study Computer Science B.sc and M.sc you could have done bank related studies ?
Me : I said Sir I came to know about Banking opportunities only after completing my UG degree..
M1: Ok tell me how many Nationalized Banks are there in India ?
Me : 27 sir
M1 : What are they ?
Me : I said 21 nationalized and SBI and its associates 5.
M1 : He asked about IDBI and the latest one ?
Me : I explained and said Bharatiya Mahila Bank.
M1 : He asked its headquarters and CMD ?
Me : I said Delhi and Smt. Usha Ananthasubramaniam
M1 : Asked when did you complete your studies ?
Me : May 2014 sir.
M1 : What you were doing then ?
Me : Only waiting for this Bank :D …… And I said I did a BFSI course and as part time I was a working as Faculty for Bank exam coaching …. And said 3 of my students also had come for the interview :P
L1 : She was smiling :D and said congrats !!! and asked did you teach them Crossing of Cheques and its processes ? And what you tell them?
Me : I said No mam I am only a faculty for Reasoning.
M2 , M3 : Oh test of Reasoning, ok good good.
And said I will inform them any notifications comes and the process of exams and how to prepare for that and I said I will suggest books , magazines and websites (Gr8ambitionz :P ) and mostly I will encourage them and make their self interest more in these exams.
M1 : He asked where you take class ?
Me : I said I am taking classes in two coaching centers.
L1 : She asked about what did you learn and what skills you require in handling a customer.
Me : I said a few points… And all were satisfied.
M1: oh good. Ok tell me what is the difference between Simple interest and Compound interest ?
Me : I was explaining a bit after a long thinking..
M1 : He gave a paper and pencil and told to write those formulae..
Me : I wrote it and gave to him
M1 : Correct , ok tell now how to calculate recurring deposit.
Me : I said sorry sir I know it but I am unable to recall it now..
M3 : Do you know about Credit Rating Agencies ? and tell some of them
Me : I explained about CRISIL and said CARE, FITCH and ICRA.
All said ok…..
M4 : Do you Know about Kisan credit card ? and what is the limit in it?
Me : I explained it and said I don’t know the exact limit sir.
M4 : He said ok no problem and said there is a limit in it.
Then all the members were seeing each other like any more questions and they all said ok ok… …. Then I thanked all of them and came out.
The whole Interview was in Tamil.
Suggestions to aspirants :
· They were asking different kind of questions for each person and so don’t expect some questions by hearing your candidates in the panel.. They were randomly asking from certain areas
· Some of the questions asked to my panel mates were who is the head of TCS, Infosys and asked about some famous Dancers in India and asked to tell some 4 Chief Ministers name and asked in elections congress won in two southern regions what are they and about recent world cup and asked the stadiums in Australia and New Zealand and for one candidate they asked about director Shankar :P.etc……
· The panel members are very kind and very friendly people. If you start any answer and struggle in the middle they are giving the answers. Don’t worry if you don’t know any answer because there is no one who answers correctly may be one or two.. And also the panel members are not expecting you to tell all the answers just they are checking your confidence and expecting that you know something about it.
· Confidence is the only key again …. J Definitely everyone will get some sort of fear at that time. Especially when your are the next candidate to enter the interview room . Just remember one thing if you get fear they may dominate you but if you are confident you can drive it in your way. Presence of mind is the important thing here… So be confident…
· Each and every candidate who came for the interview may not prepared or studied of what they actually wanted to complete. Especially in my case :D …. Only 50 % I executed in my plan. In everyone’s mind there will be a confusion that I didn’t prepare that much so it’s a mistake I may fail in this..And most of them think about the written score…. but just think of the pain or feel of a candidate who has not cleared this exam… So think that God has given a wonderful opportunity for us. A wonderful chance to attend an interview. No matter if anyone who fails in this.. they will definitely rock in 2015 IBPS exams. So no matter what it happens just give your best…. And you must not think that if I were confident I could have done better…. No Not that statement!!…… So be confident and face it…
I was satisfied with my interview but don’t know about the final selection as written mark decides it. Let’s hope for the best
I hope this review helps you. J
All the best for Candidates who are going to attend in upcoming days!!!
DETAILED INTERVIEW - CHENNAI IBPS CLERKS IV -12TH FEBRUARY -- M.Sc COMPUTER SCIENCE CANDIDATE -- GOOD ONE - READ Reviewed by sambasivan srinivasan on 4:16:00 PM Rating: