SBI PO 2015: Banking Awareness Quiz
1. Interest payable on savings bank accounts is.
(A) not regulated by RBI
(B) regulated by Sate Governments
(C) regulated by Central Government
(D) regulated by RBI
(E) regulated by Finance minister
2. Fixed deposits and recurring deposits are.
(A) repayable after an agreed period
(B) repayable on demand
(C) not repayable
(D) repayable after death of depositors
(E) repayable on demand or after an agreed period as per bank’s choice
3. When a bank returns a cheque unpaid, it is called.
(A) payment of the cheque
(B) drawing of the cheque
(C) cancelling of the cheque
(D) dishonor of the cheque
(E) taking of the cheque
4. Which of the following states became the first state in the country to launch RBI’s e-payment system for commercial tax payers?
(A) Andhra Pradesh
5. NEFT means–
(A) National Electronic Funds Transfer system (B) Negotiated Efficient Fund Transfer system
(C) National Efficient Fund Transfer solution (D) Non Effective Fund Transfer system
(E) Negotiated Electronic Foreign Transfer system
6. Largest shareholder (in percentage shareholding) of a nationalized bank is.
(D) Govt. of India
7. Banks in our country normally publicise that additional interest rate is allowed on retail domestic term deposits of.
(B) Married women
(C) Senior citizens
(D) Govt. employees
(E) Rural residents
8. A centralized database with online connectivity to branches, internet as well as ATM-network which has been adopted by almost all major banks of our country is known as.
(A) investment banking
(B) core banking
(C) mobile banking
(D) national banking
(E) specialized banking
9. With a view to facilitate payment of balance in the deposit account to the person named by the depositor without any hassles in the event of death of the account holder, the following facility was introduced for bank accounts in our country–
10. What is money laundering?
(A) Conversion of assets into cash
(B) Conversion of Money which is illegally obtained
(C) Conversion of cash into gold
(D) Conversion of gold into cash
(E) Conversion of gold with foreign currency
11. Which one of the following is not a salient feature of debit card?
(A) No bad debts to banks and no suits for recovery
(B) No interest earning for banks
(C) Works like a normal withdrawal slip
(D) 45 days credit is given to the card holder
(E) All the above
12. Which of the following is a measure taken by Reserve Bank of India to control inflation in our country?
(A) Increase in CRR
(B) Increase in SLR
(C) Contraction of supply of currency
(D) Raising of Repo / Reverse Repo Rate
(E) Decrease the SLR
13. What type of loan is granted by banks for purchase of white goods?
(A) Consumption loan
(B) Mortgage loan
(C) Consumer durables loan
(D) Home loan
(E) None of these
14. What is a stale cheque?
(A) A cheque issued without drawer’s signature (B) A cheque with only signature of the drawer
(C) A cheque which has completed six months from its date of issue
(D) A six months’ post dated cheque
(E) Anyone of these
15. Which one of the following constitutes the largest percentage of Retail loans in India?
(A) Auto loans
(B) Personal loans
(C) Personal overdrafts
(D) Consumer loans
(E) Home loans
Read more: http://www.bankersadda.com/2015/04/sbi-po-2015-banking-awareness-quiz.html#ixzz3Y1WXZmLd
SBI PO 2015: Banking Awareness Quiz Reviewed by sambasivan srinivasan on 1:40:00 PM Rating: