COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE -- 111401
Test – V: Computer Knowledge
181. The blinking symbol on the computer screen is called the
a) mouse b) hand c) light d) cursor e) None of these
182. A word processor would most likely be used to do which of the following?
a) Keep an account of money spent b) Maintain an inventory c) Type a biography
d) Do a computer search in the media centre e) None of these
183. A file that contains definitions of the paragraph and character styles for your document and all things that you customize like toolbars and menus is called a ________.
a) guide b) pattern c) base document d) template e) None of these
184. Which of the following is the valid host range for the subnet on which the IP address 192.168.168.188.255.255.255.192 resides?
a) 192.168.168.129-190 b) 192.168.168.129-191 c) 192.168.168.128-190
d) 192.168.168.128-192 e) None of these
185. Fourth-generation mobile technology provides enhanced capabilities allowing the transfer of both _______ data, including full-motion video, high-speed Internet access, and videoconferencing.
a) video data and information b) voice and non-voice c) music and video d) video and audio
e) None of these
186. _______ is a form of denial of service attack in which a hostile client repeatedly sends SYN packets to every port on the server, using fake IP addresses.
a) Cybergaming crime b) Memory shaving c) Syn flooding d) Software piracy
e) None of these
187. Which protocol will you use to accomplish a mechanism that automates the IP configuration, including IP address, subnet mask, default gateway, and DNS information?
a) SMTP b) SNMP c) DHCP d) ARP e) None of these
188. The strategy of allowing processes that are logically runnable to be temporarily suspended is called
a) preemptive scheduling b) non preemptive scheduling c) shortest job first
d) first come first served e) None of these
189. Programs such as Internet Explorer that serve as navigable windows into the Web are called
a) Hypertext b) Networks c) Internet d) Web browsers e) None of these
190. A _______ is a device that not only provides surge protection, but also furnishes your computer with battery backup power during a power outage.
a) surge strip b) USB c) UPS d) battery strip e) None of these
191. The primary output device for computers is a
a) video monitor b) printer c) keyboard d) mouse e) None of these
192. What is a firmware?
a) A program started in ROM b) A program started in RAM c) A program started in a file
d) A program started in boost sector e) None of these
193. URL stands for
a) Universal Research List b) Universal Resource List c) Uniform Research List
d) Uniform Research Locator e) Uniform Resource Locator
194. When data changes in multiple lists and all lists are not updated, this causes
a) data redundancy b) information overload c) duplicate data d) data inconsistency
e) data repetition
195. A microprocessor is the brain of the computer and is also called a
a) microchip b) macrochip c) macroprocessor d) calculator e) software
196. Storage and memory differ with respect to which of the following characteristics?
a) Price b) Reliability c) Speed d) All of these e) None of these
197. From smallest to largest, rank the following logical pieces of the database: data block, tablespace, extent, segment.
a) tablespace, segment, extent, data block b) data block, segment, extent, tablespace
c) segment, extent, data block, tablespace d) data block, extent, segment, tablespace
e) None of these
198. Where are cookies stored?
a) On the server b) In web.xml c) On the client d) In HTML e) None of these
199. Personal computers can be connected together to form a(n) _________.
a) server b) super computer c) network d) enterprise e) None of these
200. A modem
a) translates analog signals from a computer into digital signals that can travel along conventional telephone lines.
b) translates digital signals from a computer into analog signals that can travel along conventional telephone lines.
c) demodulates digital signals from a computer.
d) modulates signals from an analog telephone line. e) None of these
181. d) 182. c) 183. d) 184. a) 185. b)
186. c) 187. c) 188. a) 189. d) 190. c)
191. a) 192. a) 193. e) 194. d) 195. a)
196. d) 197. d) 198. c) 199. c) 200. e)
COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE -- 111401 Reviewed by sambasivan srinivasan on 3:31:00 PM Rating: