181. To navigate to a new Web page for which you know the URL, type that URL in the browser’s_______and press Enter.
a) Address bar b) Domain bar c) Address button d) Name button e) None of these
182. The CPU, also called the ______when talking about PCs, does the vast majority of the processing for a computer.
a) macroprocessor b) RAM c) memory system d) microprocessor e) None of these
183. When the pointer is positioned on a______, it is shaped like a hand.
a) Grammar error b) Formatting error c) Screen Tip d) Spelling error e) Hyperlink
184. The computer abbreviation KB usually means
a) Key Block b) Kernel Boot c) Key Byte d) Kit Bit e) Kilo Byte
185. The PC productivity tool that manipulates data organized in rows and columns is called a(n)
a) spreadsheet b) word-processing document c) presentation mechanism
d) database record manager e) EDI creator
186. In the absence of parentheses, the order of operation is
a) exponentiation, addition or subtraction, multiplication or division
b) addition or subtraction, multiplication or division, exponentiation
c) multiplication or division, exponentiation, addition or subtraction
d) exponentiation, multiplication or division, addition or subtraction
e) addition or subtraction, exponentiation, multiplication or division
187. In the URL http://www.prenhall.com, the portion labeled http is the
a) host b) domain name c) protocol d) top-level domain e) None of these
188. The ability to easily add additional users means that a network is
a) scalable b) dedicated c) decent d) secure e) None of these
189. Which of the following refers to a small window that displays descriptive text when you rest the pointer on a command or control?
a) Screen tip b) Insertion point c) Rulers d) Office Assistant e) None of these
190. Something which has easily understable instructions is said to be
a) user-friendly b) information c) icon d) word processing e) None of these
191. Microprocessor can be used to make
a) Computer b) Digital systems c) Calculator d) All of the above e) None of these
192. A term associated with the comparison of processing speed of different computer systems is
a) EFTS b) MPG c) NIPS d) CPS e) None of these
193. A computerized business information system includes
a) Hardware b) Software c) Data facts d) All the above e) None of these
194. Data processing cycle consists of
a) Input cycle and output cycle b) Output cycle and processing cycle
c) Input cycle, output cycle and processing cycle d) Only input cycle e) None of these
195. An online discussion group that allows direct “live” communication is known as
a) Webcrawler b) chat group c) regional service provider d) hyperlink e) email
196. Which of the following is a program that uses a variety of different approaches to identify and eliminate spam?
a) Directory search b) Anti-spam program c) Web server d) Web storefront creation package e) Virus
197. What is an e-mail attachment?
a) A receipt sent by the recipient
b) A separate document from another program sent along with an e-mail message
c) A malicious parasite that feeds off your messages and destroys the contents
d) A list of CC or BCC recipients e) None of these
198. What happens when you boot up a PC?
a) Portions of the operating system are copied from disk into memory
b) Portions of the operating system are copied from memory onto disk.
c) Portions of the operating system are compiled
d) Portions of the operating system are emulated e) None of these
199. What are batch files in relation to computers?
a) They begin with the letters BAT. b) They help you keep files in batches
c) They help you keep directories in batches.
d) They help you club a group of statements and run them one after another.
e) They help you keep both directories and file in batches.
200. When you delete files in Windows operating system, they are
a) deleted permanently b) put into recycle bin
c) wiped thoroughly so that nobody is able to recover the file back
d) deleted permanently and also wiped clean e) emptied of their contents
181. a) 182. d) 183. e) 184. e) 185. a) 186. d) 187. c) 188. a) 189. a) 190. a) 191. d)
192. e) 193. d) 194. c) 195. b) 196. b) 197. b) 198. a) 199. d) 200. b)
Computer Knowledge Reviewed by sambasivan srinivasan on 4:49:00 PM Rating: