COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE -- 0215
161. Computer manipulate data in many ways, and this manipulation is called:
a) Upgrading b) Processing c) Batching d) Utilizing e) Downloading
162. Creating a _____ means making a duplicate copy of important files so that when a problem occurs, you can restore those files using the copy.
a) Mirror b) Hot file c) Print out d) Hotspot e) Backup
163. The main system board of a computer is called the :
a) Integrated circuit b) Motherboard c) Processor d) Microchip e) Drive board
164. Peripheral devices such as printers and monitors are considered to be:
a) Hardware b) Software c) Data d) Information e) Source code
165. In a computer most processing takes place in:
a) Memory b) RAM c) CPU d) Motherboard e) ALU
166. What is the value of the binary number 101?
a) 3 b) 5 c) 6 d) 101 e) 9
167. Collection of programs that control the computer system and process the information is called:
a) Interpreter b) Computer c) Office d) Complier e) Operating System
168. A device which allows the computer to communicate with you is called:
a) input device b) output device c) software device
d) storage device e) None of these
169. Hard disk drive is an example of:
a) Flash b) Non-volatile c) Temporary d) Non-permanent e) None of these
170. Which of the following is permanent memory?
a) RAM b) ROM c) CPU d) LCD e) ALU
171. We can connect two or more than two personal computers to create a:
a) Sever b) Supercomputer c) Enterprise d) Network e) None of these
172. A round, shiny and portable disk that can store software and information in large quantity is:
a) CD-ROM b) Floppy disk c) Scanner d) Monitor e) Laptop
173. An error in a computer program is called:
a) Crash b) Power failure c) Bug d) Virus e) Bugger
174. Bit is a short form of:
a) Megabyte b) Binary language c) Binary information unit
d) Binary number e) Binary digit
175. Tape drive offer ______ access to data.
a) Timely b) Sporadic c) Random d) Sequential e) Disastrous
176. How many values can be represented by a single byte?
a) 4 b) 16 c) 64 d) 256 e) 512
177. A _____ device can connect to a network without cable.
a) Distributed b) Centralized c) Open source d) Wireless e) Without cable
178. A name is given to a document by user is called:
a) Filename b) Program c) Record d) Data e) File type
179. The data inside the floppies are stored in circular segments called:
a) Sectors b) Ringers c) Tracks d) Rounders e) Circles
180. All components of your computer are either:
a) Software or CPU/RAM b) Application software or system software
c) Input device or output d) Hardware or software e) None of these
181. A website address is a unique name that identifies a specific _____ of the Web.
a) Web browser b) PDA c) Website d) Link e) User
182. Which of the following is considered an input devices?
a) Keyboard b) Monitor c) Floppy disk d) Printer e) CD
183. _____ are bundles of related software packages that are sold together.
a) Personal productivity tools b) Word and Power Point c) Screen Savers
d) Excel and Word Perfect e) Software suites
184. The _____ manual tells you how to use a software program.
a) Documentation b) Programming c) Technical d) User e) Dictionary
185. Processors contain a control unit and a(n):
a) Adapter card b) Arithmetic logic unit (ALU) c) Expansion slot
d) Port e) CD drive
186. You may be required to insert the program disc into the drive while you use, or _____ the software
a) Install b) Run c) Activate d) Register e) Buy
187. Which of the following is an example of connectivity?
a) CD b) Floppy disk c) Power cord d) Data e) Internet
188. How many bits are there in a byte?
a) 20 b) 4 c) 16 d) 24 e) 8
189. Which of the following is another name for a chip?
a) Silicon chip b) Integrated circuit c) Semi conductor d) All of them e) None of these
190. Decreasing the amount of space required to store data and programs is accomplished by
a) Pressing b) Disk caching c) RAID d) Crashing e) File compression
191. Which of the following is an operation that cannot be carried out on objects in graphic program?
a) Spell check b) Change size c) Peripheral d) CPU e) None of these
192. Documents on the Web are called:
a) Web pages b) Website c) Web communities d) Web tags e) Homepages
193. The _____ in an information system must be reliable and capable of handling the expected workload.
a) Hardware b) Software c) Data input d) People e) Mobiles
194. Which of the following is part of the system unit?
a) Keyboard b) Floppy disks c) Monitor d) Memory e) CD
195. Specialized programs that allow particular input or output devices to communicate with the rest of the computer system are called:
a) Operating system b) Utilities c) Device drivers
d) Language translators e) Connectors
196. Storage that retains its data after the power is turned off is referred to as:
a) Volatile storage b) Sequential storage c) Direct storage
d) Non-volatile storage e) Mobile storage
197. An essential ingredient for effective multimedia presentations incorporates user participation or
a) Links b) Buttons c) Interactivity d) Integration e) Speed
198. A device that copies or reproduces text and images is also called a(n):
a) Optical scanner b) Bar code reader c) Character device
d) Digital camera e) Printer
199. A CD-RW disk
a) has a faster access than an internal disk.
b) can be erased and rewritten
c) is a form of optical disk, so it can only be written once
d) holds less data than a floppy disk
e) is not easily available
200. Which of the following are secondary storage devices?
a) Optical disks b) RAM c) Microprocessor d) All of these e) None of these
161.b 162.e 163.b 164.a 165.c 166.b 167.e 168.a 169.b 170.b
171.d 172.a 173.c 174.e 175.d 176.d 177.d 178.a 179.c 180.d
181.c 182.a 183.e 184.d 185.b 186.a 187.e 188.e 189.b 190.e
191.a 192.a 193.a 194.d 195.b 196.d 197.c 198.a 199.b 200.a
COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE -- 0215 Reviewed by sambasivan srinivasan on 5:19:00 PM Rating: