FILL IN THE BLANKS --ENGLISH SBI/IBPS CLERKS/PO --814
Directions (Q. 71-80): In the following passage, some of the words have been left out, each of which is indicated by a number: Find the suitable word from the options given against each number and till up the blanks with appropriate words to make the paragraph meaningfully complete.
Mango people may be forgiven more than a touch of schadenfreude after learning of the (71) of many of the 4000 VIPs (72) the swearing-in ceremony of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his 44 ministers at Rashtrapati Bhavan. After all, what they went (73) is what the aam aadmi (74) every day. The heat, dust, traffic jams, jostling queues, lack of (75) infrastructure - in this case, fans and water in view of the high afternoon temperature - and the interminable (76) that so beleaguered the (77) gathering are but (78) and parcel of the common person 's life. Indeed, had the audience been made up of NIPs (non-important people), there (79) have been no complaints at all (80) it would have been just another day.
71. a) distress b) pains c) laziness d) travails e) suffering
72. a) presenting b) attending c) accompanying d) looking e) waiting
73. a) for b) to c) in d) out e) through
74. a) weathers b) climates c) grapples d) makes out e) survives
75. a) inherent b) secondary c) basic d) chief e) central
76. a) suffering b) stay c) wait d) interval e) half
77. a) select b) topmost c) favoured d) prime e) best
78. a) bit b) item c) element d) part e) share
79. a) must b) certainly c) should d) ought e) may
80. a) whereas b) for c) now d) being e) in that
71. d 72. b 73. e 74. a 75. c
76. c 77. a 78. d 79. e 80. b
FILL IN THE BLANKS --ENGLISH SBI/IBPS CLERKS/PO --814 Reviewed by sambasivan srinivasan on 5:49:00 PM Rating: