Pradhan Manthri Jan Dhan Yojana, Make in India, Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana, Beti Bachao, BetiPadhao Yojana, Sukanya Samriddhi Account
PRADHAN MANTRI JAN DHAN YOJNA :
· OBJECTIVE- It is important step to make financial inclusion possible, by providing bank accounts, overdraft facility, insurance cover and Rupay debit cards to all the citizens of the country.
· Ministry in charge of the scheme: Department of Financial Services, Ministry of Finance.
· It was launched on 28th August 2014 by our honorable P.M Narendra Modi.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) is a nationwide scheme launched by Indian government in August 2014. In this scheme financial inclusion of every individual who does not have a bank account is to be achieved.
The scheme will ensure financial access to everyone who was not able to get benefits of many other finance related government schemes. These financial services include Banking/ Savings & Deposit Accounts, Remittance, Credit, Insurance, Pension which will be made available to all the citizens in easy and affordable mode.
According to the data issued by finance ministry, till September 2014 around 40 million (4 crores) bank accounts have been opened under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana since the scheme launched.
However there was another financial scheme (Swabhimaan) launched earlier in which the target of opening the bank accounts was for villages only. But in Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna the entire individuals irrespective of their area (rural or urban) can get a bank account without depositing any amount if they fulfill other eligibility criteria. This scheme is very beneficial for the rural population where banking services and other financial institution are rarely available.
Under the Jan Dhan Yojna anyone who is India citizen above age of 10 years and does not have a bank account, can open the account with zero balance. Account can be opened in any bank branch or Business Correspondent (Bank Mitr) outlet, specially designed for the purpose of opening the accounts under this scheme. The scheme also provides facility of accidental insurance cover up to rupees one lac without any charge for the account holder.
The account holders under the jan dhan yojana will be given a RuPay debit card which can be used at all ATMs for cash withdrawal and at most of the retail outlets for making transaction for purchases.
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
The Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana or more popularly known as PMJDY scheme is planning on revolutionizing the traditional banking system in India by providing the banking opportunity and insurance coverage to all including the poor. It is an initiative taken by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi who started this ambitious project to help the poor become more financially confident through this venture and allowing every citizen the right to have their own bank account and insurance coverage which was previously impossible for most of the population under poverty.
The purpose of this scheme will definitely benefit the overall economy of the country and the scheme provides some lucrative benefits which should certainly be availed and considered. Here is listed some important benefits of the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna (PMJDY) scheme which would certainly inspire the country to a more prosperous future for all.
Life insurance under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
Under the PMJDY scheme the account holders will be given worth Rs.30000 insurance coverage if they comply with certain specification of the scheme which includes opening an account by January 26, 2015 and having an accidental insurance coverage of over Rs. 200000.
Loan benefits under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
The account holder can take loan benefit of up to Rs.5000 from the bank after six months from opening the account. Though the amount might seem insignificant for many but we have to realize the scheme is directed mostly towards people below the poverty line and who are struggling desperately to sustain their everyday living. The loan benefit can be a scintilla of hope for those people who could utilize the loan amount and invest it in a more profitable outcome, particularly in farming or other agricultural prospect.
Mobile banking facilities under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
Though the technology of using smart phones to conduct our bank transactions is not novel anymore but the PMJDY scheme will allow its account holders to avail the same facilities of checking balance and transferring funds through a normal cell phone which is more affordable to the general economy.
Hence PM Jan Dhan Yojana is indeed a prosperous venture and we certainly hope the Prime Minister and the mass economy are both benefited through this new venture.
The Jan Dhan Yojana: Bank account was a scheme that was initiated by the Pradhan Mantri on 15th august, 2014. This scheme was initiated with the motive of providing bank account to every household in India.
Under this scheme good facilities like insurance scheme of upto 3500 is added for every individual who is a holder of this account. Not only this after completing six months the holder of this account gets a facility of overdraft for INR.5000/. This is a normal savings account where one can open this as having zero balance in their account. The account holder will also be given a RuPay Card which facilitates the owner to withdraw the cash from the ATM’s.
Documents required by an individual to open Jan Dhan Yojana account are mentioned below:-
· Should have valid current or permanent address proof like passport, aadhar card etc. Aadhar card is very important document that everyone should habe. If you have applied for aadhar card then you check the status of aadhar card online
· If the address is changes he/she should have valid documents mentioning the transfer of address
· 2 passport size photographs
· If he/she does not have valid residential proof, one can also show identity proof that has been issued by government of India
· One can also arrange for an authority letter from the gazette officer giving an assurity that an individual is a resident of India and hold an Indian Nationality.
· If the individual fails to provide any of the above proofs, then the bank can do a ground check of the individual. If the approached bank finds the individual to fall under “low risk” category then he/she will be given a chance to open a temporary account for 12 months known as small account. For converting this account into permanent account one has to submit valid documents before the completing the tenure of 12 months with the bank.
an Dhan Yojana Account scheme was launched by the Pradhan Mantri Shri Narendra Modi with the motive of inviting every family to have one bank account where their money will be safe. Facilities like zero balance were given to the individual who opens the account. He is also eligible for a RuPay card and can apply for a loan of INR5000.00 after having the account operative for a period of 6 months.
The major aim was to make the rural population participate and open a bank account where their money is utilized in the right way. All nationalized banks and a couple of international banks have actively participated in this scheme have set up camps in different locations to invite the
individuals to come and open bank accounts under Jan Dhan Yojana scheme.
Below is the list of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana Account eligibility criteria:-
· An individual who holds an Indian nationality is eligible to open an account under this scheme.
· A minor who is above 10 years of age is eligible to open the account in any bank under this scheme. He will need to have a guardian to manage the account along with him. He will also be eligible for a RuPay Card on which one can withdraw 4 times from any ATM.
· An Individual who does not hold any valid documents to prove that he is an Indian national but after the bank does their ground research and categorizes the person into “low risk” is eligible to open the account under this scheme.
· An individual who has any identity proof authorized by any gazette officer is eligible to open the account under this scheme.
· An individual who has an existing bank savings account with the bank can transfer his account to Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana account so he is eligible for the benefits from that account.
Jan Dhan Yojana: Bank account was launched by the Pradhan Mantri on the 15th of august, 2014 with the motive that each family should have one bank account. Since these days it is important for a minor to also have savings account, under this scheme one can open an account for a child above 10 years. Though the child needs to have a guardian who will take care of the account till the child turns 18 years of age.
This Jan Dhan Yojana account will be a joint account. The joint account holder will be the minor and the guardian. No transactions will be done without the consent from both the account holders. The guardian on his/her behalf needs to submit his/her documents. Once the minor attains an age of 18years the bank will ask for the child’s identity proof after which the account will be automatically transferred to the child after submitting the documents.
The guardian will need to submit the following documents:-
· Any valid residential proof i.e. Adhar card, ration card, passport etc.
· If the person is not holding any of the above then he will need to submit an identity proof issued by the central government of india.
· He can also submit an authority letter issued by the gazette officer.
· If he does not have any of these, he can yet open a small bank account where if the bank declares the account holder who belongs to the “low risk” category. In this scenario, the individual needs to sign the application for opening the account in front of the bank authorities. This account will be valid only for a period of 12 months. If he/she wants to keep the account operative, he/she will need to submit any of the above documents before 12 months.
· As far as I have inquired there is no last date for PM Jan Dhan Yojana. But there are some free scheme going on these days like a free Life Insurance cover from LIC of Rs Thirty Thousand which may end in some time. So if you want to avail this free insurance then there may be a last date for opening for PM Jan Dhan Yojana account.
· Indian Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi is a new synonym for revolution and success. Within few months of his governance, people of India have experienced lots of positive transformation. As mentioned by him, India is still facing financial inequality. Due to this, the financial growth of the county is still progressing very slowly. Hence, to eradicate this financial inequality, a significant move has been taken by the Prime Minister. This fiscal program is known as “Jan Dhan Yojna”.
Benefits of Pm Jan DHan Yojana Scheme
· The Jan Dhan Yojna has many benefits for the common man like a zero balance account along with a debit card facility called the Ru-Pay debit card. This Card will be accepted at all ATM’s for cash withdrawals and at most of the PoS machines for cashless payment for purchases in the country. The Savings account will also not have any withdrawal limits attached.
· In addition, The Jan Dhan Yojna, will also provide an insurance cover of Rs. 1 lakh. For those applicants who open accounts by January 20, 2015, an insurance cover of Rs. 30,000 will be provided. The Ru-pay Kisan Card, also known as the Kisan Credit Card would also be available for farmers for availing Credit card facilities. On the successful completion of 6 months of opening the Jan Dhan Yojna account, the account holder can avail a loan from the bank not exceeding Rs. 5000/-.
· Many new technological facilities would be available to all the account holders by the National Payments Corporation of India (NCPI). Under these, the account holder can avail facilities like anytime fund transfer, Balance checking, etc. through the normal phones as well as opposed to the use of only smartphones to date. Mobile banking facilities will also be available through the National Unified USSD Platform (NUUP) for which all the mobile companies and banks have joined hands.
SWACHH BHARAT ABHIYAN :
· OBJECTIVE- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan ( Clean India Mission) is a national campaign by the Government of India, covering 4041 statutory towns, to clean the streets, roads and infrastructure of the country.
· MINISTRY- It is a unique scheme which is regulated by all the department and ministries.
· This campaign was officially launched on 2 October 2014 at Rajghat, New Delhi, where Prime Minister Narendra Modi himself cleaned the road.
MAKE IN INDIA :
· OBJECTIVE- The major objective behind the initiative is to focus on 25 sectors of the economy for job creation and skill enhancement. Some of these sectors are: automobiles, chemicals, IT, pharmaceuticals, textiles, ports, aviation, leather, tourism and hospitality, wellness, railways, auto components, design manufacturing, renewable energy, mining, bio-technology, and electronics.
· MINISTRY- Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion.
· It was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 25 September 2014.
SANSAD ADARSH GRAM YOJANA :
· OBJECTIVE- It is a rural development programme broadly focusing upon the development in the villages which includes social development, cultural development and spread motivation among the people on social mobilization of the village community.
· MINISTRY-Rural Development Ministry.
· The programme was launched by the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi on the birth anniversary of Jayaprakash Narayan, on 11 October 2014.
Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Shramev Jayate Yojna :
· OBJECTIVE- The Deendayal Upadhyay Shramev Jayate Karyakram initiative is aimed at creating a conducive environment for industrial development and doing business with ease. Around 4 crore labourers are expected to benefit from this scheme.
· Ministry in charge of the scheme: Labour Ministry.
· It was launched on 16th October 2014 by our P.M Narendra Modi.
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana :
· OBJECTIVE- It aims to target youth, under the age group of 18–35 years, It helps in training 10 lakh (1 million) rural youths for jobs in three years, that is, by 2017.
· MINISTRY- Ministry of Rural Development
· It was launched by on 25 September 2014 by Union Minsters Nitin Gadkari and Venkaiah Naidu.
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Antyodaya Yojana :
· OBJECTIVE- It is a scheme for the helping the poor by providing skill training. Government of India has provisioned Rs 500 crore for the scheme.
· MINISTRY- Union Ministry of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation & Union Ministry of Rural Development.
· It was launched on 25th September 2014.
Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana :
· OBJECTIVE- It is a scheme which is aimed to provide continuous power supply to rural India. It is one of the key initiative of Modi Government and it aims to supply 24x7 uninterrupted power supply to all homes. The government plans to invest Rs 75,600 crore for rural electrification under this scheme.
· MINISTRY-Ministry Of Power And Supply.
· However there are some other schemes also like Jeevan Pramaan: Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners, HRIDAY, BAL SWACHH MISSION etc but above 10 are most useful for interview and written exams.
Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao Yojana Launched Problem, with a solution
Mr. Modi's Ministry came up with yet another ambitious approach launched in Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao scheme which is the dire need of the hour. The scheme started with Rs.100 crore initial corpus funds and is likely to move ahead with its well thought-out plan and direction. The welfare measures voiced are for protecting and planning the lives of the down trodden daughters of this country. The union minister Mr. Arun Jaitley stated there are various areas of women and child which need to be addressed immediately. The idea is to create awareness about gender equality and extend medical aid for various ailments for women and child. He felt school syllabus has to create topics which helps the child to feel there is gender equality. It is stated that the funding for all these activities will be done by Nirbhaya fund.
It is also proposed to start a special small savings scheme for the education of the girl child with a fund of Rs. 14,389 crores. Also there is a proposal to Rs. 150 crores on the safety of women in urban and large cities.
Among the list of immediate issues, few are very important, they are,
1. Education for women
2. Health issues
3. Campaigns on sensitization towards women and children
4. Women safety cells
5. Safety of women on public Transport system
6. Cyber crime cells
7. Crisis management centre's
8. Government and private hospitals for women
9. Awards for best parents, Samaritans in the society
10. Awards for daring girls standing up as role models in the society
The government has to initiate various schemes, take necessary precautions, along with that it has to show new direction to the young generation.
We need to understand solution lies just beside the problem, smile is in the mile. Let us help India walk that extra MILE's with a smile in the eyes of a girl child.
SUKANYA SAMRIDDHI ACCOUNT
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana has been introduced vide Government of India Notification No. G.S.R.863(E) dated December 02, 2014 and circulated to Banks by Reserve Bank of India vide their letter No.RBI/2014-15/494/IDMD(DGBA).CDD/No.4052/15.02.006/2014-15 dated 11th March 2015. Facility to open accounts under the scheme is available at all SBI branches.
Objective: To promote the welfare of Girl Child
Who can open the account: A natural/ legal guardian on behalf of a girl child
Maximum number of accounts: Upto two girl children or three in case of twin girls as second birth or the first birth itself results in three girl children
Minimum and Maximum Amount of Deposit: Min.1000 of initial deposit with multiple of one hundred rupees thereafter with annual ceiling of Rs.150000 in a financial year
Tenure of the Deposit: 21 years from the date of opening of the account
Maximum period upto which deposits can be made: 14 years from the date of opening of the account
Interest on Deposit: As notified by the GOI, compounded annually with option for monthly interest pay-outs to be calculated on balance in completed thousands.( Current rate 9.20%)
Tax Rebate: As applicable under section 80C of the IT Act, 1961.
Premature Closure: Allowed in the event of death of the depositor or in cases of extreme compassionate grounds such as medical support in life threatening diseases to be authorized by an order by the Central Government
Irregular Payment/ Revival of account: By payment of penalty of Rs.50 per year alongwith the minimum specified amount per year
Mode of Deposit: Cash/Cheque/ Demand Draft
Withdrawal : 50% of the balance lying in the account as at the end of previous financial year for the purpose of higher education, marriage after attaining the age of 18 years.
NOTE: As this is a Govt. of India scheme, customers are advised to visit www.nsiindia.gov.in for latest instructions/ modification in the scheme.
Pradhan Manthri Jan Dhan Yojana, Make in India, Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana, Beti Bachao, BetiPadhao Yojana, Sukanya Samriddhi Account Reviewed by sambasivan srinivasan on 9:38:00 PM Rating: