Directions (1-10): In the following questions, some of the sentences have errors and some have none. Find out which part of a sentence has an error, the number of that part is your answer. If there is no error, the answer is (d) i.e., No error.
1) Jagdish met me yesterday (a)/ but he did not tell me (b)/ that he has resigned from the factory. (c) / No error (d).
2) The principal indicated that (a)/ the issue of improved quality of teaching (b)/ in the collage were high in his list of priorities(c) / No error (d).
3) Dileep has spend (a)/ six years in Calcutta (b)/ but still h does not know many parts of the city. (c) / No error (d).
4) The number of foreign tourists (a) / visiting India are increasing (b) / day by day during this tourist season. (c) / No error (d).
5) Unless you take (a)/ interest into the studies (b)/ you will not succeed i the examination. (c) / No error (d).
6) After 50 years of Independence (a)/ many social problems (b)/ still remaining to be solved in India. (c) / No error (d).
7) The manager had decided (a)/ to visit all the departments (b)/ of the factory tomorrow morning to review of the situation. (c) / No error (d).
8) Last week when (a)/ I reach viru’s house (b)/ he had already left for Mumbai. (c) / No error (d).
9) Immediately after boarding the bus, (a)/ Mahesh asked the conductor (b) / that if he knew where the museum was. (c) / No error (d).
10) He being the eldest son, (a)/ his father expect of him (b) / to take care of several things besides his regular studies. (c) / No error (d).
1) (c) 2) (c) 3) (a) 4) (b) 5) (b)
6) (c) 7) (c) 8) (b) 9) (c) 10) (b)
Finding out error ==ENGLISH
Reviewed by sambasivan srinivasan