GENERAL AWARENESS--- BRIEFLY --SBI PO/CLERKS IBPS PO/CLERKS SSC-GRADUATE LEVEL
· The state where the maiden Paragliding World Cup Event of South East Asia held-Himachal Pradesh (Kangra District)
· The Stock Exchange which will put out unemployment and consumer sentiment data on daily basis- BSE.
· As per 2015 Melbourne Mercer Global Pension Index, while Denmark tops, the country which ranks Last in the list-India.
· According to IMF, the currency which is to be included in the Currency Basket-Chinese Yuan.
· According to World Economic Forum, the Most Admired Personality Globally ranked on the Top- Nelson Mandela (South African President)
· The country where Bidya Devi Bhandari has been elected as the First Woman President- Nepal.
· According to the World Bank Report, while India has been ranked 8th in protecting the interests of minority investors, the country which tops in the list- Singapore.
· The Scheme under which action plan for eight mission cities at approx. Rs.450 Crore approved- Heritage Development and Augmentation Yojna.
· The country which has launched an Automatic Teller Machine to provide small denomination Yuan notes- China.
· The country which tops China and becomes biggest gold consumer- India.
· The country which tops in World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business Index- Singapore.
· The country which abandoned one-child policy after 35 years and allowed all couples to have two children- China.
· The International Diabetes Federation begins to mark World Diabetes Day - November 14.
· The Mission under which 75 major cities to be rated for cleanliness- Swachh Bharat Mission.
· India World’s 7th Most Valued ‘Nation Brand’ while the country which tops- US
· The bank which bags ‘Best Bank Award 2014-15’ for use of technology for financial inclusion- Bank of India.
· The bank which gets ‘Best Bank Award-2014-15’ for Cyber Security Risk Management among Mid-sized banks- Vijaya Bank.
· The bank which has won the prestigious ‘IDRBT Banking Technology Excellence Award 2014-15’- Abhyudaya Co-op Bank.
· China-made Quadruped Robot covering over 134 Km in 54 hours enters- Guinness World Records.
· The Country which has retained its Top Spot in Financial Secrecy Index- Switzerland.
· First Indian to be elected BIS Vice-Chairman- RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan
· The country which ranks First in the world for “Generosity” as per World Giving Index- Myanmar followed by US.
· As per Fortune India, the Most powerful Woman in the Indian Business sector- Arundhati Bhattacharya, SBI Chairman.
· The Mission under which the Centre has imposed a cess of 0.5% on all services that currently incur service tax- Swachh Bharat Mission.
· The country where opposition party led by San Suu Kyi, who has spent decades in house arrest, has won in general election- Myanmar.
· Countries from where the most- highly educated migrants come to Europe- India and Philippines.
· The country which continued to lead in the International Cricket Council’s ODI Team Rankings- Australia.
· Indian University which has made its debut in the Top 100 global universities rankings-Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
· The index which SBI is to develop and will track Indian fixed income securities- FTSE-SBI India Bond Index.
· The City which has topped a Global List of cities with the best value on 5-star hotels as per Hotel Price Index- Delhi.
· Next Chief Justice of India after HL Dattu retires on December 2- TS Thakur.
· The Country where Indian-born Sikh, Harjit Sajjan has become the Defence Minister- Canada.
· A Rescue Package Scheme, which has been approved by the cabinet for ailing electricity utilities- Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojna.
· The Scheme under which First ever National Gold Coin minted in India launched by PM-India Gold Coin Scheme.
· The country which has been surpassed by India to become World’s Largest Gold Consumer-China.
· Research Project, which has been launched by the President Pranab Mukharjee and to be co-ordinated by IITs- IMPRINT.
· Binge-Watch has been named the 2015 Word of the year by- Collins Dictionary.
· The state which is to allow motor insurance in digital form- Telengana.
· The Country which will hold Chairmanship of BRICS Bank- India.
· The Testing facility which the Union Defence Minister has inaugurated and dedicated to the nation- Naval Testing Facility.
· The Country’s Largest Institutional Investor- LIC of India.
· The deal which will make the merged entity the World’s Largest Hotel Company-Marriott-Starwood Deal
· The bank which is to launch a loan product exclusively for Start-ups in the country- Canara Bank.
· The Transparency Watchdog, which finally decided to upload RTI Filing Data on Website- Central Information Commission.
· The Board which is to be wound up to streamline the multiple mechanisms for revival of sick central public sector enterprises- Board for Reconstruction of Public Enterprises.
· The country which has been overtaken by India as the Second Largest Internet User Base in the World- USA.
· Authentication which is to be rolled out at ail Fair Price Shops across the country by end-2016- Aadhar-based Biometric Authentication.
· The Interest Subvention Scheme for exports has been renamed as- Interest- Equalization Scheme.
· The New exchange, which will be launched by BSE for Corporate Social Responsibility- Samman.
· The Country which issued New Stamp bearing the picture of Narender Modi and National Flag alter concluding G-20 Summit- Turkey.
· The Government extended the Currency Swap Facility by two years for- SAARC Members.
· A Chip-Maker which launched Digital Literacy Campaign “Ek Kadam Unnati Ki Oor”- INTEL.
· Following the norm of selecting one state every year, the state which has been selected as the “Theme State” for Surajkund Fair- Telengana.
· The City where two day “SKILLS 2015” Global conference to be held- Hyderabad.
· World Toilet Day held on- November 19.
· The City where Bio-medical Research facility at an estimated cost of Rs.338.58 Crore has been approved by the govt.- Hyderabad.
· The Committee which is reviewing the PPP Model of Infrastructure Development- Vijay Kelkar Committee.
· Seventh Pay Commission whose report submitted to the government, was headed by- Justice AK Mathur.
· Under the 7th Pay Commission report, Minimum and Maximum pay will be- Rs.18000 and Rs.2.50 Lakh respectively.
· The ceiling which has been enhanced from Rs.10 Lakh to Rs.20 Lakh under 7th Pay Commission report- Gratuity.
· The Exchange on which the first Indian Fund Income Exchange Traded Fund is listed- London Stock Exchange.
· The Former Prime Minister whose Ancestral Home is to be made a Museum- Former Late Lal Bahadur Shastri.
· Under 7th Pay Commission, Child Care Leave, which is now available to women employees will also be available to- Single Father.
· The company whose net worth had become Negative just after recent initial public offering- Indigo.
· The Company which has provided services to shipping and offshore energy risks, has been awarded “Samudra Manthan Award”- New India Assurance.
· Central Government has said that henceforth November 26 be marked as- Constitution Day.
· The country which has launched its First commercial Satellite- Japan.
· The Country where the World’s Largest Animal Cloning Factory is under construction-China.
· As per Survey by KPMG, India is among Top 10 Nations on- Corporate Responsibility reporting.
· The Corporation which is the umbrella organization for all retail payment systems in the country- NPCI.
· As per UN’s Met Agency, the Year to be Hottest Year Ever- Year 2015.
· The Cricket Club which launched Sport star’s new digital version- Madras Cricket Club.
· The bank which has celebrated its 90TH Foundation Day on 20th October, 2015- Syndicate Bank.
· The Commission which is going to change the spinning wheel for making khadi on Solar Power- KVIC.
· The country where Bobbie Cheema, a Punjabi-origin barrister has become the First Asian Woman to become a High Court Judge- UK.
· The government has appointed Senior Indian Revenue Service Officer Najib Shah as Chairman of- Central Board of Excise and Customs.
· Chairman of new Panel to simplify Income Tax Act- Justice RV Easwar.
· The country to whom India offered concessional credit of $10 billion over 5 years- Africa.
· Economic Affairs Secretary nominated to Central Board of Directors of RBI- Shaktikanta Dass.
· The country which will hold First Global Film Fest for persons with disabilities from December 1 to 3- India.
· The person who has been elected as President of BCCI- Shashank Manohar.
· Former deputy governor of RBI has been appointed Executive Director of IMF- Subir Gokaran.
· Committee on Bankruptcy Law is headed by- T. K. Viswanathan.
· The Bank on which RBI has imposed a penalty of Rs.1 Crore for violation of KYC norms- Dhanlaxmi Bank.
· The Jyotirling which is one of 12 jyotirlings, having more than 130 kg of gold is youngest- Somnath Temple.
· PM Narender Modi has been ranked at number 9 in the list of Forbe’s- Most Powerful People.
· The country in which India to issue the First Government-backed Rupee-Bond to fund railway infrastructure projects- London.
· Most celebrated spokesperson of External Affairs Ministry, Syed Akbaruddin has been named as India’s Ambassador to- United Nations.
· The country which will be the first country to buy Uranium from Australia despite not being a signatory to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation treaty- India.
· The Bank which disbursed the highest amount as overdraft (Rs.27.79 Crore) under PMJDY- Punjab National Bank.
GENERAL AWARENESS--- BRIEFLY --SBI PO/CLERKS IBPS PO/CLERKS SSC-GRADUATE LEVEL Reviewed by sambasivan srinivasan on 11:17:00 AM Rating: