Objective Current Affairs---------1 to 20 answers with explanations
Objective Current Affairs
1. Which of the following projects was approved by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) in November 2015 to revamp criminal justice system in India?
a) Crime and Criminals Tracking Network and Systems (CCTNS)
b) Integrated Criminal Justice System (ICJS)
c) Criminal Justice System
d) Justice System for Criminal
e) Only (a) and (b)
Exp: (e) The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 18 November 2015 approved two projects proposed by Union Ministry of Home Affairs with a view to revamp criminal justice system in the country.
· Crime and Criminals Tracking Network and Systems (CCTNS) will interconnect about 15000 Police Stations and additional 5000 offices of supervisory police officers across the country.
· The CCEA also decided to implement Integrated Criminal Justice System (ICJS) by 2017. It will be done through integrating CCTNS with e-Courts, e-prisons, Forensics and Prosecution, are the key components of the Criminal Justice System.
2. The Union Cabinet in November 2015 approved the setting up of National Resource Facility for Bio-medical Research in which of the following cities?
a) Nagpur b) Hyderabad c) Pune d) Varanasi e) Delhi
Exp: (b) The Union Cabinet, in November 2015, approved the proposal of the Department of Health Research in the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. For the setting up of a National Resource Facility for Bio-medical Research (NARF) at Genome Valley in Hyderabad by the Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR). The institution will be India's first of its kind for quality laboratory animals for basic and applied biomedical research.
3. The Union Government, on 6 November, 2015 declared ____________ as terrorist organization under Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA) 1967.
a) National Socialist Council of Nagaland-Khaplang (NSCN-K)
b) National Liberation Council of Tamiland (NLCT)
c) United liberation Front of Assam (ULFA)
d) National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB)
e) None of these
Exp: (a) The Union Government on 6 November 2015 declared militant outfit National Socialist Council of Nagaland-Khaplang Plans (NSCN-K) and all its formation as a terrorist organization under the Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (QAPA), 1967. The NSCN was established in 1980 with an aim of establishing a sovereign state of Nagalim by unifying all the areas inhabited by the Naga people in Northeast India and Myanmar.
4. Which of the following educational web Portals or mobile apps was/were launched by Union Human Resource “Development Minister Smriti Irani on 7 November, 2015 in New Delhi?
a) E-Pathshala b) Shaala Siddhi c) Saransh d) E-Vidyalaya
e) a), b) and c)
Exp: e) Union Human Resource Development Minister Smriti Irani on 7 November 2015 launched the e-Pathshala, Saransh and National Programme on School Standards and Evaluation Framework (Shala Siddhi) web portals / mobile apps. These portals were launched during the edNEXT, the National Conference on ICT in School Education that was held at New Delhi.
· E-Pathshala is a web portal which hosts educational resources for Students, Teachers, Parents, researchers and educators.
· Shaala Siddhi web portal is a comprehensive instrument for school evaluation which enables the schools to evaluate their performance in more focused and strategic manner.
· Saransh is a tool which allows the schools to identify areas of improvement in students, teachers and curriculum to facilitate and implement change.
5. What is the name of the research project meant to crack major engineering challenges relevant to the nation and launched by the President of India Pranab Mukherjee on 5 November, 2015?
a) My Vision b) Imprint India c) Indian Ink d) Blue Print
Exp: b) President Pranab Mukherjee on 5 November 2015 launched Imprint India, a Pan-IIT and IISc joint initiative. The project encourages the Indian technical institutions to develop a blueprint for research to crack major engineering and technology challenges relevant to the nation. Imprint India will focus on 10 themes and each will be coordinated by one IIT/ IISc. The themes are:
· Health Care - IIT Kharagpur
· Computer Science and ICT IIT Kharagpur
· Advance Materials IIT Kanpur
· Water Resources and River Systems IIT Kanpur
· Sustainable Urban Design IIT Roorkee
· Defence IIT Madras
· Manufacturing IIT Madras
· Nano-technology Hardware- IIT Bombay
· Environmental Science and Climate Change IISc, Bangalore
· Energy Security IIT Bombay
6. Name the Chairman of Special Investigation Team (SIT) who submitted its report in November 2015 on Black Money:
a) Justice MB Shah b) Justice PL Shah c) Justice KN Swamy
d) Justice LM Mehra e) Justice Vipul Shah
Exp: a) Special Investigation Team (SIT) on Black Money on 3 November 2015 submitted its third report to the Union Ministry of Finance. The SIT is headed by Justice MB Shah and the report dealt with shell companies and beneficial ownership. The SIT found that over 2600 persons are directors on more than 20 companies and at least 20 companies are operating from the same address at 345 places which indicate the violation of Companies Act, 2013.
7. As per the announcement made by the Railways in October 2015, India's first AC double decker Shatabdi train would run on which of the following routes?
a) Delhi-Punjab b) Mumbai-Goa c) Mumbai-Pune d) Delhi-Goa
Exp: (b) The Ministry of Railways on 23 October 2015 announced that India's first AC double-decker Shatabdi train will soon run between Mumbai and Goa route. The first double-decker air conditioned train between Howrah and Dhanbad was flagged off in October 2011. Since then, the service is operational between many cities, including Ahmedabad-Mumbai, Chennai-Bangalore, Delhi-Jaipur and Delhi-Lucknow.
8. Which of the following Indian states has signed the historic Sister-State Agreement to boost export and investment opportunities with South Australia on 20 November, 2015?
a) Punjab b) Rajasthan c) Goa d) Maharashtra e) Karnataka
Exp: b) Rajasthan and South Australia on 20 November 2015 signed the historic Sister-State Agreement to boost export and investment opportunities between the two states. The sister-state relationship between South Australia and Rajasthan is based on a two-way exchange of research, policy and technical capabilities.
9. The Union Cabinet in November 2015 gave its approval for a uniform marketing margin for supply of domestic gas to Urea and LPG producers. Marketing margin would be fixed by which of the following authority?
a) Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs
b) Petroleum Ministry
c) Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board
d) Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
e) Ministry of Finance
Exp: c) The Cabinet, on 18 November 2015, gave its approval for a uniform marketing margin for supply of domestic gas to urea and LPG producers. This would result in a reduction of the marketing margin paid by urea and LPG producers.
· What is Marketing margin? Marketing margin is a charge levied by gas marketing companies on its consumers over and above the cost or basic price of gas for taking on the additional risk and cost associated with marketing gas. At present different transporters are charging different margins for supply of natural gas.
· The rate would be fixed on a non-discretionary basis by the Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board. Further escalations up to the Wholesale Price Index would be decided by the Ministry for Petroleum and Natural Gas.
10. Intel India on 18 November 2015 launched a programme to augment digitalization of rural India in Mahabubnagar district of Telangana by opening an Unnati Centre. What is the name of the initiative?
a) Ek Kadam Unnati Ki Aur b) EK Nishaan
c) Ek Lakshya Ki Aur Unnati d) EK Kadam Safaita Ki Aur
e) Ek Ummeed Bhara Safer
Exp: a) Intel India on 18 November 2015 launched Ek Kadam Unnati Ki Aur initiative from Nadimpalle village in Mahabubnagar district of Telangana by opening an Unnati Centre. The objective of the programme is to augment digitalization of rural India. It will be implemented in 10 states across the country and complements the Digital India initiative of the Union Government.
11. Which measure has been suggested by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India in November 2015 to address the problem of call drops?
a) to add more towers
b) Measurement-based prioritization scheme
c) C-all Admission Control Protocol
d) Guard Channels
e) All of the above
Exp: e) Telecom sector regulator the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) on 10 November 2015 asked telecom operators to add more towers and reinforce 2G networks, among other measures, to check call drops. It said that some prioritization schemes such as Measurement-based Prioritization Scheme, Call Admission Control Protocol, Guard Channels, and Handoff Queuing and Auxiliary Stations essentially need to be incorporated by TSPs to reduce call drops.
12. Which of the following states will host the first International Qawwali Festival titled “TaaliHo”?
a) Delhi b) Maharashtra c) Goa d) Rajasthan e) Kerala
Exp: a) Delhi will host the first International Qawwali Festival 2015 titled "TaaliHo" Ethat is scheduled to be held from 12 February 2016 to 14 February 2016. This was announced during the performance by Qawwali singers from India and Pakistan at India Islamic Centre providing a glimpse of the festival.
13. For how many sectors, Government of India in November 2015 has relaxed FDI norms?
a) 5 b) 7 c) 10 d) 12 e) 10
Exp: e) The Government of India on 10 November 2015 announced ‘Big Bang’ Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) reforms, easing norms across 15 sectors including defence, banking, construction, single brand retail, broadcasting and civil aviation. The move is aimed at boosting the investment environment and attracting' more foreign capital to the country. These steps have been described as the biggest path-breaking and the most radical changes in the FDI regime ever undertaken by the Government of India.
14. President Pranab Mukherjee on 12 November, 2015 gave his assent to Gauvansh Sanrakshan and Gausamvardhan Bill, passed by the State of
a) Haryana b) Punjab c) Uttar Pradesh d) Gujarat
Exp: a) President Pranab Mukherjee on 12 November 2015 gave his assent to the Haryana Gauvansh Sanrakshan and Gausamvardhan Bill. The bill was passed by the Haryana Legislative Assembly on 16 March 2015. As per the bill,
· Cow slaughter in Haryana will invite rigorous imprisonment ranging from 3 to 10 years and a fine of up to 1 lakh rupees.
· Any person who attempts to export cows for slaughter will be imprisoned for not less than 3 years and up to 7 years. In addition, fine between 30000 rupees and 70000 rupees will be imposed.
15. Which among the following states in November 2015 relaxed its two-child policy for government employees?
a) Rajasthan b) Madhya Pradesh c) Punjab d) Uttar Pradesh
Exp: a) The Rajasthan Government on 3 November 2015 decided to relax its two-child policy which was applicable to the state government employees. As per the decision, the state government employees, already having two children from previous marriage, will now be allowed to have a third child in case of a remarriage. Besides, twins or triplets in such remarriages will be counted as one unit. Rajasthan was the first state in the country to implement the two-child norm in 1992.
16. Which of the following states launch d APJ Abdul Kalam Amrut Yojana in November 2015 for pregnant and lacting women in the tribal areas of the state?
a) Uttar Pradesh b) Maharashtra c) Jharkhand d) West Bengal
e) Madhya Pradesh
Exp: b) The Maharashtra Government on 3 November 2015 approved a revised scheme, named APJ Abdul Kalam Amrut Yojana, for pregnant and lactating women in the tribal areas of the state. The scheme aims at providing at least one full hot cooked nutritious food to every pregnant lady and lactating mother.
17. Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 22 October 2015 laid the foundation stone of the new capital of Andhra Pradesh at
a) Hyderabad b) Amravati c) Vijayawada d) Masulipatnam
Exp: b) Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 22 October 2015 laid foundation stone of the new capital city of Andhra Pradesh-Amravati-at Uddandayauruni Palem village. The village is located 19 kilometres away from Vijayawada in Krishna District on the banks of River Krishna and is one of the three villages where the seed capital will come up. The other two seed villages’ are-Lingayapalem and Thallayapalem.
· Construction of new capital became necessary for Andhra Pradesh as the AP Reorganization Act 2014 through which the state was bifurcated, mandates that Hyderabad will be the common Capital for Andhra Pradesh and Telangana at most for 10 years.
· Amravati is the fifth planned capital city built in independent India preceded by Gandhinagar, Chandigarh, Bhubaneswar and Naya Raipur.
18. The Union Cabinet gave ex-post facto approval for the MoU on security cooperation in November 2015 with which country?
a) Britan b) China c) Germany d) Japan e) Italy
Exp: c) The Cabinet on 18 November 2015 gave ex-post facto approval for the MoU India and Germany on security cooperation. The pact aims to further strengthen the relationship between the two nations for building peace and stability through the exchange of information, expertise, best practices and technology.
19. Union Cabinet approved the signing up of the Tripartite Agreement among IBSA, on the IBSA fund for the alleviation of Poverty and Hunger. What is the full form of IBSA?
a) India, Belgium, South Australia b) India, Bangladesh, South Africa
c) India, Bulgaria, Saudi Arabia d) India, Brazil, South Africa
e) India, Bhutan, Saudi Arabia
Exp: d) The Cabinet on 18 November 2015 approved the signing of the Tripartite Agreement among India, Brazil and South Africa (IBSA), on the IBSA Fund for the Alleviation of Poverty and Hunger.
20. With which of the following countries India has approved Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty (MLAT) in Criminal matters on 21 October, 2015?
a) Thailand b) China c) Maldives d) Indonesia
e) SingaporeExp: c) The Union Cabinet on 21 October 2015 gave its approval for signing of a Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty (MLAT) in Criminal Matters between India and the Maldives. The treaty aims to boost the efficiency of both the countries in investigation and prosecution of crime, through cooperation and mutual legal assistance in terrorism, transnational crime and criminal matters
Objective Current Affairs---------1 to 20 answers with explanations Reviewed by sambasivan srinivasan on 8:42:00 PM Rating: