Top 15 points in Railways budget in 2016-17 railways budget by Suresh Babu | Key points in railways budget
- Railways is planning to introduce bar-coded tickets on pilot basis to tackle menace of ticketless travel.
- There is an increase in seat quota this year; 50% up for senior citizens.
- Railways shall commission 2,800 km of new tracks in next year.
- Railways hopes to generate revenues of order of Rs.1,84,820 cr next year, 10.1% higher than revised target of current year.
- Railways has received in-principle approval from 17 States to form joint ventures. Cabinet decision to allow JVs with States for rail projects opens new vistas for ownership in railway sector.
- Overnight double-decker trains to be introduced on business travel routes.
- North-East India, especially Mizoram and Manipur, to be connected through broad gauge soon.
- Long distance superfast train Antyodaya Express for unreserved passsengers, Fully unreserved superfast trains to be introduced on dense traffic routes, We'll introduce Deen Dayal coaches for long distance trains for unreserved passengers.
- Local cuisine of choice will be made available to passengers, Children's menu, baby foods, baby boards to be made available for travelling mothers.
- LIC has agreed invest Rs. 1.5 lakh crore over 5 years on extremely favourable terms.
- India's first rail auto hub to come up in Chennai.
- In 2016-17, the capital plan will be Rs. 1,21,000 crore.
- A full-fledged Railway University soon.
- 33% sub-quota for women under all reserved categories.
- 1,600 km of electrification this year and 2,000 km proposed for the next year.
Share with your freinds
Top 15 points in Railways budget in 2016-17 railways budget by Suresh Babu | Key points in railways budget Reviewed by Manohar Veera on 1:57:00 PM Rating: