CURRENT GENERAL AWARENESS BRIEFLY
1. Who has been appointed as High Commissioner to India by Australia? Harinder Sindhu
2. In suburban section of which Railway Zone paperless unreserved ticketing system has been launched? South Central Railway
3. Acclaimed Film director Aurobindo Mukherjee passed away.
4. Who has been named as vice-chairman of the Paris-based ‘International Chamber of Commerce Commission’? Devendra Singh
5. Foundation stone of an integrated consumer goods manufacturing unit by ITC was laid at Panchla in Howrah.
6. Which country has signed two agreements with North Korea on cooperation in foreign trade and scientific and technological development? Cuba
7. Who has been appointed as the Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities?
Dr. Kamlesh Kumar Pandey
8. Which Union Territory has launched MITRA mobile application to ensure safety and security of women? Puducherry
9. Who has broken the most stumping record of 139 by Kumar Sangakkara in international cricket? Mahendra Singh Dhoni
10. Senior journalist T. N. GopaKumar passed away recently. He belonged to:- Kerala
11. German player Angelique Kerber, has won the Australian Open Women’s singles title 2016?
12. Who has been chosen for the ‘K Veeramani Award for Social Justice 2015’? Nitish Kumar
13. Who has been appointed as India’s Ambassador to Mexico? Muktesh Kumar Pardeshi
14. Which country’s new parliament has elected U. Myint as its Speaker? Myanmar
15. Which place in India has been selected for the first ‘Spaceward Bound Program 2016’ of NASA? Laddakh
16. Who has won Australian Open Mens Singles title 2016? Novak Djokovic
17. Who has won Syed Modi International Badminton Championship 2016? Kidambi Srikanth
18. Frank Finaly, Oscar nominated British Actor known for ‘Othello’ passed away recently.
19. Who has claimed the top spot in the International Cricket Council’s (ICC) latest T20 batting rankings? Virat Kohli
20. India has approved how many small development projects in Afghanistan in third phase? 92
21. Who has scored fastest Under-19 World Cup fifty recently in the last group match against Nepal? Rishabh Pant
22. Who has become the first women Director General of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)?
23. Who has been appointed as the Secretary of Ministry of Tribal Affairs? Shyam S. Agarwal
24. Chinese authorities have named an asteroid after 2015 Nobel winning scientist Tu Youyou
25. Borehole Geophysics Research Laboratory (BGRL) being set-up in Maharashtra
26. Which Indian neighbor has approved Citizenship Law, 2016 expanding scopes for dual citizenship for its expatriate citizens? Bangladesh
27. What is the capital of Brunei? Bandar Seri Begawan
28. Unique MAGIC (Modular, Agile, Intensified & Continuous) Process Lab has been inaugurated at NCL, Pune
29. At which place the Counter-Terrorism Conference-2016 was organized? Jaipur
30. Pakistani Urdu short story writer, poet and journalist Intizar Husain passed away.
31. Former Lok Sabha speaker Balram Jakhar passed away recently.
32. Rosoboronexport has provided India with the final consignment of Mi-17V-5 helicopters.
33. For what duration a supernumerary post in the rank of air marshal has been created in the Indian Air Force? 17 months
34. What is the extended tenure of Indo-German Science & Technology Centre (IGSTC)?
35. Chief of the Army Staff, of which neighbouring country has been conferred the Honorary Rank of General of the Indian Army by the President of India? Nepal
36. Who has been appointed as the head of Mission and Force Commander of the UNDOF in Golan to maintain the ceasefire between Israeli and Syrian forces? Jai Shanker Menon
37. Yash Chopra Memorial Award recently has been conferred to Rekha
38. After how many years India has regained its No. 1 ICC Test ranking recently? Five
39. Famous American Actor Abe Vigoda passed away recently.
40. Which state has launched weekly free clinics for women to provide free check up, treatment, tests and medicines? Madhya Pradesh
41. Which country has been ranked number one in Transparency International’s Corruption Perceptions Index? Denmark
42. Who is the first Indian to receive the Amnesty International Human Rights Award 2016? Henri Tiphagne
43. Who has been declared as 2015’s Coach of the Year in men’s category? Craig Fulton
44. Popular Malayalam film actress Kalpana passed away recently.
45. Which city hosted the first T20 Asia cup cricket for Blind? Kochi
46. P. V. Sindhu is associated with which among the following sports ? Badminton
47. Who has been elected as the President of Portugal? Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa
48. Who has won the PEN/Anllen Foundation Literary Service Award 2016? J. K. Rowling
49. In which country India will set up a satellite tracking and imaging centre to access pictures from Indian earth observation satellites covering China and the South China Sea? Vietnam
50. Eminent Tabla player Pandit Shankar Ghosh passed away.
CURRENT GENERAL AWARENESS BRIEFLY Reviewed by sambasivan srinivasan on 11:14:00 AM Rating: