Current Affairs – BRIEFLY--QUESTION - ANSWER
Current Affairs – BRIEFLY--QUESTION - ANSWER
1. Who has been named as European Tour’s golfer of the year? Rory Mellroy
2. Who bagged gold medal in the 10-metre Air Rifle at 59th National Shooting Championship? ApurviChandela
3. Which Country is leading the “Islamic military alliance” of 34 countries?
4. What is the name of New Zealand’s new flag? Silver Fern
5. Who has been appointed as India’s High Commissioner to Maldives? Akhilesh Mishra
6. Who has been appointed as Lokayukta of Uttar Pradesh? Justice Sanjay Misra
7. Supreme Court banned the commercial vehicles registered before 2005 from entering Delhi.
8. Who has become the title sponsor for the next three editions of the Hockey India League beginning 2016? Coal India Ltd.
9. The Union Cabinet has given its approval for signing of a MoU between India and Spain on cooperation in Port matters.
10. Francois Hollande was the Chief Guest at 67th India’s Republic Day celebrations. He is the President of which country? France
11. Recently the Union Cabinet has given its ex-post facto approval to an MoU signed between India and its BRICS counterparts on energy matters.
12. Who has been selected for 3rd National Yash Chopra Memorial Award? Rekha
13. Which State launched ‘Dial 100’ scheme for better handling of crimes in the state?
14. Which company has been awarded CII-ITC Sustainability Awards for the year 2015?
15. Who received Garwood Award for ‘Outstanding Global Leader in Open Innovation’ from UC Berkeley-Haas School of Business? Pranab Mukherjee
16. Reliance Entertainmentand Hollywood director Steven Spielberg’s Dream Works Studios jointly formed Amblin Partners Company
17. What is the rank of India on Forbes’ annual list of the best countries for business in 2015?
18. Which Indian film director has been awarded in the Rafi Peer International Film Festival 2015 held in Pakistan? MadhurBhandarkar
19. Yan Dhanda became the first footballer of Indian origin to sign a professional contract with Liverpool. He plays for which country? England
20. Which country is the 164th and the newest member of World Trade Organisation?
21. Who has been appointed as Chief Information Commissioner (CIC)?
22. What is the name of the physically disabled Indian who’s name has been entered in URF Asian Records for making a record in Swimming? E.D. Baburaj
23. Which country successfully launched the Dark Matter Particle Explorer (DAMPE) Satellite? China
24. Which State will host National Games 2019? Andhra Pradesh
25. Which Country has announced to adopt Chinese yuan as its legal tender?
26. Who has been appointed as CEO of food regulator FSSAI? Pawan Kumar Agarwal
27. Recently INS Godavari, the first indigenously designed and built warship of the Indian Navy, was decommissioned in Mumbai.
28. Recently the United Nations has appointed MahamatSalehAnnadif as new peacekeeping chief in Mali.
29. Who has been awarded U.S. Soccer’s Male Player of the Year?
30. How many agreements were signed between India & Russia? 16
31. Which company topped the Fortune 500 List of Indian companies for 2015?
Indian Oil Corporation
32. Who became first to implement recommendations of Supreme Court appointed committee under K.S. Radhakrishnan to deal with traffic violations in the city?
33. Govt. appointed L. Narasimha Reddy as chief of Judicial Committee to look into implementation of One Rank One Pension (OROP) scheme for Ex-Servicemen.
34. Ministry of Finance released report of Committee on Revisiting and Revitalising Public Private Partnership (PPP) Model under whom?
35. Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas appointed committee under AjitPrakash Shah to look into dispute between Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) and Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) on Krishna Godavari (KG) gas fields.
36. 8th edition of Joint Indian-Russian Navies Exercise INDRA NAVY was conducted in Bay of Bengal.
37. Indian Coast Guard inducted 19th of 20 Fast Patrol Vessels being built by Cochin Shipyard. What is the name of the vessel?
38. Combined Commanders Conference annual triservices event chaired by PM Narendra Modi held on board INS Vikramaditya
39. “On My Terms: From the Grassroots to the Corridors of Power”, autobiography of former Union Minister SharadPawar has been released.
40. American aerospace company SpaceX successfully launched and landed Falcon 9 rocket along with 11 satellites to lowEarth orbit.
41. Which State’s assembly passed Members of Legislative Assembly Salaries, Allowances, Pension Amendment Bill 2015, based on recommendations of PDT Achary panel?
42. Fifth edition of Heart of Asia conference started in which country? Pakistan
43. Defence Acquisition Council approved purchase of advance S400 Triumf Air Defence Missile Systems for approx. 40000 crore rupees fromRussia
44. Indian army and Air Force started Operation Madad for relief work in Heavy Floods in Chennai (Tamilnadu).
45. NotedSingerSubirSen passed away.
46. ISRO Launched its Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle PSLV C-29 successfully with six satellites from Singapore
47. Scientists at Imperial College from UK genetically modified malaria causing mosquito Anopheles gambiae species to fight disease of malaria.
48. Zoological Survey of India Scientists discovered new species of eel named Bengal moray eel (Gymnothoraxmishrai) in which district of West Bengal?
49. Which team beat Haryana Hammers to win Pro Wrestling League title?
50. Senior National Weightlifting Championships Organized in which state? Punjab
51. Sixth Globe Soccer Awards 2015 Best Player Lionel Messi, Best Club F.C.BarcelonaBest Coach Marc Wilmots.
52. Sri Lanka cricketer KusalPerera banned for four years after being tested positive for a banned substance.
53. Government approves Lucknow Metro Rail Project Phase – 1 A. It will cover approx. 23 km with 22 stations with cost of 6,928 crore rupees.
54. Government approved aid of Rs.6794 crore for Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh affected by deficit rainfall in 2015.
55. Which country’s Bjorn Isberg has been appointed as Tournament Director of Coal India Hockey India League (HIL)? Sweden
56. 10thMinistrial Conference of WTO (World Trade Organization) held in Nairobi, Kenya
57. Noted AmericanCinematographer Haskell Wexler passed away.
58. Noted Marathi poet Mangesh Padgaonkar passed away.
59. 14th Meeting of Heads of Governments of SCO (Shanghai Cooperation Organization) Member States concluded in Zhengzhou of which country? China
60. 2nd World Internet Conference held in Zhejiang province of China
61. South Korea and Japan signed as Agreement on Issue of Comfort Women.
62. As per Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries 2015 OPEC World Oil Outlook Oil and gas are expected to supply 53% of global energy demand by 2040.
63. Which country became first Asian country to approve sale of the world’s first ever dengue vaccine Dengvaxia manufactured by French pharmaceutical manufacturer Sanofi Pasteur? Philippines
64. India’s Indian Oil Corp. (IOC) and Oil India Ltd. (OIL) signed an agreement with Russian oil firm Rosneft
65. PM NarendraModi inaugurated new Parliament built by India in Kabul of Afghanistan during his recent trip to Russia, Afghanistan and Pakistan.
66. Noted American science fiction writer George Clayton Johnson passed away. He was best known for dystopian novel Logan’s Run.
67. Noted ActressSadhnaShivdasani passed away.
68. Russia’s Rostech Corporation signed 1 Billion USD deal with Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) to manufacture 200 Kamov 226T light helicopters.
69. With which country the centre has approved the signing of a MoU on cooperation in Port matters? Spain
70. Who is the new CEO of Wipro Limited?
Abid Ali Z. Neemuchwala
71. Justice RM Lodha Committee is associated withIPL spot fixing
72. With which country India has signed a memorandum of understanding in the field of civil aviation? Singapore
73. With which country, India has agreed to sign an MoU on Cooperation in Combating International Terrorism, Transnational Organized Crime and Trafficking in Illicit Drugs?
74. Which organization/council has unanimously adopted a resolution to cut off all sources of funding to ISIS and Al-Qaeda? UN Security Council
75. Which country has its first anti-terrorism law on the books, after the National People’s Congress Standing Committee approved the new legislation? China
76. Who has been appointed as Chairman of General Motors? MerryBarra
77. Who is the brand ambassador for ‘changing diabetes’ campaign. Sachin Tendulkar
78. Which amputee mountaineer has conquered Mount Aconcagua in Argentina.
79. Online marketplace Snapdeal.com launched its mobile website in Hindi and Telugu language. With this platform, Snapdeal will now cater to 270 million users in India. This platform goes hand in hand with Snapliteplatform, Snapliteis Snapdeal’s website for mobile browser.
80. Who has been crowned as Miss Universe 2015? Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach
81. Who has been named the first Poet Laureate by the US state of Ohio for showcasing a variety of styles in his poetry? Amit Majmudar
82. HarsoonMukati Islamic Centre has set up a Bread Bank in Aurungabad Maharashtra
83. Asia’s largest underground railway station, covering a total area of 147,000 square meters, opened in China
84. Mani SankarMukherji who has been conferred with honorary dectorate of letters by University of North Bengal is a A Writer
85. Who has been appointed as Registrar General and Census Commissioner of India?
86. Railways recent decision to act tough against passengers declaring wrong age from February 1 is associated with the prevention of the misuse of –
Senior Citizens Quota
87. Which festivel has been permitted by the central government with safeguards to use bulls as performing animals?
88. For which Indian tank the DRDO has successfully conducted test firing of new tank ammunition Penetration-Cum Blast (PCB) and Thermobaric (TB) Ammunition?
89. For which award the American documentary on the life of Pakistani female activist and Nobel Peace Prize laureate MalalaYousafzai, has been nominated?
90. StanislasWawrinka who won his fourth Chennai Open Title recently belongs to:
91. RavindraKalia recently passed away, who was he? Hindi writer and journalist
92. For which film Leonardo DiCaprio has won the Golden Globe award for best dramatic actor? The Revenant
93. Who has been honoured with the ‘Bulandh Bharath’ Award for his exemplary contributions towards nation building? G.M.Rao
94. Maria Teresa de Flippis, who was best known as Formula 1’s first ever female driver, passed away at the age of 89. She belonged to – Italy
95. With which company the ICC has announced an eight-year deal to declare it as an event partner for ICC events from 2016-2023? Money Gram
96. David Bowie who died recently at the age of 69 due to cancer, he was a/an-
97. Who has been appointed Chairman of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT)?
Arun Kumar Jain
98. Recently how much loan has been approved by the World Bank for the ambitious clean India campaign? $1.5 billion
99. Which document has been made mandatory for all transactions in excess of Rs.2 lakh?
100. Which company has launched its mobile wallet service ‘MoboMoney’?
Tech Mahindra Ltd
101. What is the union government’s prediction of India’s GDP for FY 2015-16? 7-7.5%
102. ICRA downgraded which bank’s long-term ratings to ‘stable’ from ‘postive’?
United Bank of India
103. Which campaign has recently been launched by Kotak Mahindra Bank?
‘Phone Phone Mein Kotak’ campaign
104. Which has become the first bank to start online electronic signature service “e-sign”?
105. Which of the following mobile apps has recently been launched by State Bank of India?
State Bank Samadhaan
106. Indian Railways has tied up with which Bank to sell rail tickets through its applications?
107. What is the new deadline for exchanging pre-2005 currency notes with the new ones?
30 June 2016
108. Reserve Bank of India released Report of Committee on Mediumterm Path on Financial
Inclusion headed by Deepak Mohanty
109. Chief Economic Advisor Arvind Subramanianled Committee submitted recommend-
dations for Tax Rates under GST Goods and Services Tax (GST)
110. BRICS Emerging Economics Universities Summit 2015 Held in Delhi sponsored by
111. World Bank approved assistance of $35 million to Pakistan to support development of
water resources in Indus River Basin.
112. Oil and Natural Gas Corporation is abbreviated as: ONGC
113. How much loan has been approved by the world bank for Swachh Bharat Mission
(SBM)? US $2.5 Billion
114. The World Bankapproved a US$ 2.5 billion loan for the Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM)
115. Today, of the 2.4 billion people who lack access to improved sanitation globally, more
than 750 million live in India and in them, with 80% living in rural areas.
116. The IRCTC allowed passengers to order food on a train by using Paytm’s mobile
117. (Foreign Investment Promotion Board) has approved three foreign direct investment
proposals worth Rs.136 crore. Singapore-based GMS Pharma’s proposal of acquisition
of 25.1% in StelisBiopharma, from Strides Arcolab, for Rs.135.71 crore was approved
by the FIPB
118. Who is the President of USA? Barak Obama
119. An ASSOCHAM Mid Year Review has pointed out, India’s GDP growth of over eight
per cent and “very likely” acceleration of 7.8-8 per cent in the current financial year.
120. The government has reduced the export duty on iron ore pellets to zero from 5 per cent
121. To promote its digital banking initiative, ‘e-Sign’ Axis Bank has partnered with
122. Which country has recently lifted its 40 years has from oil export? USA
123. Where is Highly India, the subsidiary of Shanghai Hitachi Electric Company (SHEC) is
situated? Changodar, Ahmedabad
124. For kerosene, The scheme will be started from 1 April 2016. In the initial phase, the
scheme will be implemented in selected 26 districts of __8__states.
125. State-owned Punjab National Bank (PNB) has launched host of digital banking solutions
including green PIN. The bank launched mobile apps enabling the customer to locate
PNB ATM with PNB ATM Assist.Under this customer can obtain duplicate PIN for
debit card instantly through SMS request.
126. The stock exchanges would need to take steps for maintaining of 51 per cent of
shareholding of Public Category and ensuring that holding of trading members,
associates or agents does not exceed 49 per cent
127. CCEA has approved an increase in the budget for implementation of grid connected
solar rooftop systems. It is under National Solar Mission
128. The benefit of the LPG subsidy will not be available for LPG consumers if the consumer
or his/her spouse had taxable income of more than Rs.10 Lakh
129. Tech Mahindra has launched an electronic wallet called MoboMoney.
130. Crude Distillation Unit (CDU) of Bharat Petroleum’s Mumbai Refinery is dedicated to
the nation. It is dedicated by DevendraFadnavi’s Chief Minister of Maharashtra.
131. The premier IIT- Kanpur and RDSO have signed a memorandum of understanding
(MoU) to carry out collaborative research work.
132. As per Reserve Bank, banks, mostly state-run ones, opened 19.52 crore accounts under
the government’s financial inclusion drive till the first week of December.
133. Defence Limited and Russia’s leading developer and manufacturer of S-400 Triumf air
defence missile system Almaz-Antey.
134. EPFO made debut on popular social networkingplatforms Facebook and Twitter.
135. Who has been appointed as a Deputy Governor of RBI for a second term?
Urjit R. Patel
135. Which software company has appointed Bhanumurthy BM as its President and COO?
136. Which bank has launched the facility of Funds Transfer through Missed Call system
round the clock free of cost? Federal Bank
137. Which SAARC country has been elected as a member of the UN Children’s Fund
(UNICEF) executive board representing the Group of Asia-Pacific States for 2016-18?
138. Who is the new CEO of India’s biggest e-commerce company Flipkart?
139. Tamil Nadu has 32 districts.
140. State Symbol Animal of Tamil Nadu -- Nilgiri Tahr
Current Affairs – BRIEFLY--QUESTION - ANSWER Reviewed by sambasivan srinivasan on 6:01:00 PM Rating: