1. DBMS ensures data integrity by managing transactions through ACID test. What does ACID stands for in computer science?
a) Artistic, Collaborative, Inference, Durability
b) Analytic, Consistency, Inference, Duration
c) Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, Durability
d) Atomicity, Collaborative, Inference Duration
e) Adherence, Consistency, Isolation, Durability
2. Which of the following is not true about Hotspot (Wi-Fi)?
a) A hotspot is a physical location where people may obtain Internet access.
b) Security is a serious concern in connection with Hotspots.
c) Hotspot 2.0, also known as HS2 and Wi-Fi Certified Passpoint.
d) Using an open public network is the easiest way to create a free hotspot.
e) All of the above are true.
3. …….. is designed to communicate instructions to a machine, particularly a computer. It can be used to create programs to control the behavior of a machine or to express algorithms.
a) PROM b) Programming language c) Microcontrollers d) EPROM e) Microprocessor
4. What function in a table in MS-Excel displays row data in a column or column data in a row?
a) Transpose b) Index c) Hyperlink d) Rows e) Columns
5. Adwords is a/an ……. For businesses wanting to display ads on google and its advertising network.
a) advertising service by Microsoft b) advanced search engine c) advertising service by google
d) automatic words search engine by yahoo e) advertising service by yahoo
6. In MS-Excel, ……. Allows users to bring together copies of work-books that other user have worked on independently.
a) Copying b) Merging c) Pasting d) Compiling e) Cutting
7. What is a technique used to gain unauthorized access to computers, whereby the intruder sends messages to a computer with an address indicating that the message is coming from a trusted host?
a) Identity Theft b) Forging c) IP Spoofing d) Spam e) Phishing
8. To produce high quality graphics (hard copy) in colour, you would want to use a/an
a) scanner b) RGB monitors c) laser printer d) plotter e) inkjet printer
9. What do you call the programs that are used to find out possible faults and their causes?
a) Operating system extensions b) cookies c) diagnostic software d) Boot diskettes
10. What is true about computer worms?
a) They perform the functions of Trojans. b) They are used for identity theft for remote login.
c) They are not harmful to the system.
d) They are similar to viruses in that they replicate functional copies of themselves.
e) They are not standalone malware computer programs.
11. In MS-PowerPoint, a slide that consists of more than one level of bulleted text is called a …….. bulleted list slide.
a) extra-level b) many-level c) multi-level d) super-level e) new-level
12. In MS-Word, ‘Alt + Shift + D’ is the short cut key combination for
a) automatically inserts the day b) automatically inserts the time
c) automatically inserts the date d) automatically inserts the month name
e) automatically inserts the place
13. What defines the cables, connectors and communications protocols used in a bus for connection, communication, and power supply between computers and electronic devices?
a) Universal Serial Bus b) Unique Serial Port c) Unviersal Stationary Bus
d) Unique Serial Bus e) Universal Stationary Bank
14. ……. is a home video format and the first commercial optical disc storage medium, initially licensed, sold, and marketed as MCA DiscoVision in North America in 1978.
a) Magnetic disc b) Laser Disc c) MICR d) OMR e) Floppy
15. How can we perform tasks on computer without using the widows graphical interface?
a) By using command prompt window b) By using Office 360. c) By using control panel.
d) By connecting through internet. e) By connecting through LAN.
16. ……. Is a software licensing and delivery model in which software is licensed on a subscription basis and is centrally hosted.
a) SaaS b) OCR c) MICR d) JRE e) ENAIC
17. Which of the following is any malicious computer program which is used to hack into a computer by misleading users of its true intent?
a) Worm b) Spyware c) Trojan horse d) Keylogger e) VGA file
18. Which protocol is used to obtain an IP and other network configuration information from a server on local network?
a) Transmission control protocol b) User datagram protocol c) Code division multiple access
d) Dynamic host configuration protocol e) Hypertext transfer protocol
19. The personal computer (PC) and the Apple Macintosh are examples of two different
a) protocols b) platforms c) programs d) storage devices e) applications
20. Functions of keys F1, F2 and F3 are ……. respectively.
a) activating menu bar, search and renaming selected icon
b) search, reboot and activating menu bar
c) activating help, renaming selected icon and search
d) reboot, activating help and refresh e) activating help, reboot, renaming selected icon
21. If a previously saved file is edited.
a) It cannot be saved again b) the changes will automatically be saved in the file
c) the file will only have to be saved again if it is more than one page in length
d) Its name must be changed e) the file must be saved again to store the changes
22. What is the term used for measurement of how fast data moves from one place to another?
a) Data per unit b) Bits per hour c) Ratio per bit d) Bits per second e) Bits per unit
23. Which of the following firms bagged the gold award in IT services field at the Niryat Shree and Niryat Bandhu awards of the FIEO?
a) Wipro b) TCS c) Infosys d) HCL e) Tech Mahindra
24. Name the American multinational technology company, who has acquired a business technology startup ‘Synergyse’ founded by an Indian-origin entrepreneur?
a) Dell b) Yahoo c) Google d) Facebook e) Microsoft
25. In a first for any State in India, which State government launched a web-based application ‘Adi praman’ that will enable tribals to get caste validity certificates online?
a) Kerala b) Maharashtra c) Bihar d) Jharkhand e) Uttar Pradesh
1.(c) 2.(e) 3.(b) 4.(a) 5.(c) 6.(b) 7.(c) 8.(e) 9.(c) 10.(d) 11.(c) 12.(c) 13.(a)
14.(b) 15.(a) 16.(a) 17.(c) 18.(d) 19.(b) 20.(c) 21.(e) 22.(d) 23.(b) 24.(c) 25.(b)
Computer Knowledge Reviewed by sambasivan srinivasan on 5:03:00 PM Rating: