BANKING RELATED GENERAL AWARENESS FOR IBPS PO/CLERKS / LIC AAO/GIC AAO
(with Special Reference to Banking Industry)
121. Which of the following has become the first state of the country to impose a "fat tax" on junk food?
a) Punjab b) Haryana c) Karnataka d) Kerala e) Maharashtra
122. Pema Khandu was sworn in as the new Chief Minister of which of the following states?
a) Manipur b) Mizoram c) Assam d) Tripura e) Arunachal Pradesh
123. Abdul Sattar Edhi, who passed away recently, was a legendary philanthropist of
a) Bangladesh b) Pakistan c) Sri Lanka d) Malaysia e) Indonesia
124. Which of the following banks has acquired Tamil Nadu-headquartered microfinance institution Grama Vidiyal in an all-cash deal?
a) ICICI Bank b) HDFC Bank c) Federal Bank d) IDFC Bank
e) Bandhan Bank
125. Which bank has launched a premium credit card named ELITE which is enabled with Near Field Communication (NFC) technology?
a) HDFC Bank b) ICICI Bank c) Axis Bank d) SBI e) PNB
126. Serena Williams won the women's doubles title of the 2016 Wimbledon with her partner
a) Timea Babos b) Sania Mirza c) Venus Williams d) Elena Vesnina
e) Martina Hingis
127. Who among the following won the 2016 British Grand Prix F1 championship?
a) Kimi Raikkonen b) Daniel Ricardo c) Nico Rosberg d) Max Verstappen
e) Lewis Hamilton
128. The US has deployed the air missile defence system named THAAD in which of the following countries?
a) Japan b) South Korea c) Sweden d) Turkey e) Canada
129. Which of the following terms is NOT used in the banking and financial world?
a) Jacksonian Seizure b) Lien c) Hypothecation d) Mortgage
130. What does the letter 'I' denote in the term BIFR as used in banking/finance parlance?
a) Indian b) Industrial c) Institutional d) Intermediate
131. Renjith Maheshwary, who qualified for the Rio 2016 Olympics, is an Indian
a) Sprinter b) Triple jumper c) Shooter d) Archer e) Boxer
132. Sushila Karki took oath of office and secrecy recently as the first woman Chief Justice of
a) Bhutan b) Sri Lanka c) Bangladesh d) Myanmar e) Nepal
133. Who among the following is the new State Minister of Minority Affairs with independent charge?
a) MJ Akbar b) Syed Shahnawaz Hussain c) SS Ahluwalia
d) Arjun Meghwal e) Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
134. The head office of which of the following financial institutions is located in Lucknow?
a) NABARD b) SIDBI c) IRDA d) PFRDA e) NHB
135. The bank rate is decided by which of the following?
a) Union Finance Ministry b) RBI c) Individual Banks
d) IBA e) A bank designated by the RBI
136. The Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA) in the Hague, the Netherlands, recently rejected China's claims on South China Sea. China's claim was challenged by
a) Philippines b) Thailand c) Japan d) South Korea e) Vietnam
137. The renowned footballer Lionel Messi was recently sentenced to 21 months in prison for a tax fraud in which of the following countries?
a) Spain b) Italy c) UK d) Germany e) Brazil
138. Which of the following is the first state in the country to introduce minimum wages for part-time workers?
a) Maharashtra b) Rajasthan c) West Bengal d) Madhya Pradesh
139. In 1955, which of the following banks was rechristened as State Bank of India (SBI)?
a) Imperial Bank of India b) Centurion Bank of Punjab
c) Bank of Rajasthan d) Global Trust Bank
e) Nedungadi Bank
140. The Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) in India are sponsored by
a) Public Sector Banks b) Private Sector Banks c) Foreign Banks
d) Reserve Bank of India e) Govt of India
141. The Woodpecker Environment and Wildlife Film Festival was held recently in
a) Chandigarh b) Shimla c) New Delhi d) Bengaluru e) Hyderabad
142. Who among the following is the new Union HRD Minister?
a) Smriti Irani b) Prakash Javadekar c) Venkaiah Naidu
d) Ananth Kumar e) Ravi Shankar Prasad
143. The National Statistics Day is observed on
a) 12 Jun b) 18 Jun c) 29 Jun d) 30 Jun e) 11 Jul
144. Which of the following is NOT a function of the RBI?
a) Issuing monetary policy statement b) Acting as banker of banks
c) Printing Rs.1 banknote d) Issuing licences for new banks
e) Acting as banker of the govt
145. Which of the following is an international financial institution which offers concessional loans and grants to the world's poorest developing countries?
a) ADB b) New Development Bank c) Federal Reserve d) IBRD
e) International Development Association
146. The NASA's Juno spacecraft successfully entered into the orbit of which of the following planets recently?
a) Venus b) Pluto c) Jupiter d) Mercury e) Mars
147. The Indian Air Force inducted two Tejas fighter aircraft as part of a new squadron based in Bengaluru which is named
a) Flying Hawk b) Flying Eagle c) The Thunderbolt d) Sky Lightning
e) Flying Daggers
148. India's first Commercial Court and Commercial Disputes Resolution Centre has been inaugurated in
a) Mumbai b) Ahmadabad c) Chennai d) Raipur e) Hyderabad
149. Which of the following is not a part of the scheduled banking structure in India?
a) Foreign Banks b) Public Sector Banks c) Private Sector Banks
d) Regional Rural Banks e) All are part of the scheduled banking structure
150. The rate of TDS on interest and rent payment is 10%. If the PAN card number is not furnished to the person making payment, the rate of TDS increases to
a) 12% b) 15% c) 18% d) 20% e) 25%
151. Name the Water Jet Fast Attack Craft launched by the Indian Navy recently.
a) INS Tarasa b) INS Tarkas c) INS Praveen d) INS Hansha
e) INS Garuna
152. The world's largest international maritime exercise RIMPAC (Rim of the Pacific) 2016 was held recently in
a) US b) Australia c) Canada d) Japan e) South Korea
153. Who among the following is the first sportsperson to receive India's second highest civilian award, the Padma Vibhushan, in 2007?
a) Abhinav Bindra b) Mahendra Singh Dhoni c) Sunil Gavaskar
d) Dhanraj Pillay e) Viswanathan Anand
154. The lending to which of the following by Bank is considered as finance to priority sector?
a) Small Banks b) Payments Banks c) NBFCs d) Micro Finance Institutions
e) All the above
155. The Valley of Flowers National Park, known for its meadows of endemic alpine flowers and the variety of flora, is located in
a) Assam b) Sikkim c) Arunachal Pradesh d) Himachal Pradesh
156. The FPIs invested 23,700 cr in Jun 2016 itself in India. Here, the term FPI stands for
a) Forward Portfolio Investor b) Foreign Priority Investor
c) Foreign Portfolio Investor d) Forward Preferential Investor
e) First Priority Investor
157. Which state has requested the Centre to provide 25,000 cr for the Mission Kakatiya programme for restoration of minor irrigation tanks?
a) Andhra Pradesh b) Telangana c) Karnataka d) Maharashtra
e) Uttar Pradesh
158. Which bank has inked an agreement with the World Bank for a $625-mn facility to support grid-connected rooftop solar programme (GRPV)?
a) HDFC Bank b) ICICI Bank c) State Bank of India
d) Punjab National Bank e) Axis Bank
159. M Gopalakrishnan has been sentenced to three-year rigorous imprisonment in a bank fraud case. He is the former CMD of
a) Indian Bank b) Dena Bank c) Vijaya Bank d) PNB
e) Syndicate Bank
160. Jim Yong Kim, who visited India, recently, is the present president of
a) WTO b) ADB c) AIIB d) World Bank e) IMF
121. d 122. e 123. b 124. d 125. d
126. c 127. e 128. b 129. a 130. b
131. b 132. e 133. e 134. b 135. b
136. a 137. a 138. b 139. a 140. a
141. b 142. b 143. c 144. c 145. e
146. c 147. e 148. d 149. e 150. d
151. c 152. a 153. e 154. d 155. e
156. a 157. b 158. c 159. a 160. d
BANKING RELATED GENERAL AWARENESS FOR IBPS PO/CLERKS / LIC AAO/GIC AAO Reviewed by sambasivan srinivasan on 6:36:00 PM Rating: