Current Affairs 22nd and 23rd October 2016 |General Awareness for SBI IBPS UPSC SSC Exams
PM TO INAUGURATE INTERNATIONAL TERMINAL AT HARNI AIRPORT IN VADODARA
- Narendra Modi will inaugurate the state of art international terminal at Harni airport in Vadodara on 24 Oct 16.
- The work of international terminal of Harni airport in Vadodara has been completed at the cost of 160 crore rupees.
- The new terminal spread over 18 thousand square meters has 18 check in counters with a capacity to handle 700 passengers per hour.
SAARC SATELLITE LIKELY TO MISS DECEMBER DEADLINE
- The South Asian satellite project, is likely to miss the December deadline as the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) will launch GSLV Mark III that month.
- ISRO has been launching at least one satellite every month, so their calender is perennially packed and at this point of time it looks difficult to launch the South Asian satellite in Dec 16.
- Launching of GSLV Mark III will be a crucial development in the country’s space history. The Launch Vehicle is likely to be sent in the space by December end.
GLOBAL CONFERENCE TO STRENGTHEN ARBITRATION & ENFORCEMENT BEGAN IN INDIA
- The first ever three-day global conference to strengthen Arbitration and Enforcement in India inaugurated by President Pranab Mukherjee in New Delhi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will deliver the valedictory address on Sunday
- The Conference seeks to provide impetus to commercial arbitration in the country, which is fast gaining pace across the world, for faster and efficient dispute resolution outside the court room.
NASA Establishes Virtual Institute
- NASA said it will establish a virtual institute to advance the field of small spacecraft systems at its Ames Research Center in the Silicon Valley early in 2017.
- The Small Spacecraft Systems Virtual Institute (S3VI) will leverage the growing small spacecraft community & promote innovation.
- Small spacecraft are being used for a range of activities such as for earth & space science measurement
EXHIBITION SHOWCASING INDIAN HISTORY LAUNCHED IN SINGAPORE
- An exhibition on 200-year-old history of Indians showcasing early days of cattle traders, laundry men and brick-makers has been launched in singapore.
- Trade and industry minister S Iswaran yesterday launched the exhibition at the Indian Heritage Centre (IHC) in the "Little India" precinct.
- The exhibition, "Once Upon a Time in Little India", details the lives of early South Asian migrants, who came to call precinct their home.
INDIAN ARMY TEAM WINS GOLD MEDAL IN GRUELING CAMBRIAN PATROL EXERCISE
- A team from the Indian Army's Gorkha Rifles has won a gold medal at one of the most gruelling exercises in the world.
- Team 2/8 Gorkha was awarded a gold medal in Exercise Cambrian Patrol organized by the British Army.
- The British Army in Wales has tweeted a video of the ceremony where the Indian soldiers were awarded the medals. The medal went to the eight men of the 2nd Battalion of 8 Gorkha Rifles.
RUSSIAN FIRM TO RESCUE DEBT RIDDEN INDIAN SHIPBUILDING COMPANY
- Mumbai based naval shipbuilder ABG shipyard has confirmed that it engaged with a Russian firm to sell a stake to improve the company’s financial strength.
- ABG shipyard did not disclose the name of the Russian firm as talks are underway.
- The Company is exploring the possibility of strategic investors so as to improve the Company’s financial and operational strength.
- For this purpose, company has appointed Rothschild investment banker,” reads a statement submitted to Bombay Stock Exchange by ABG shipyard.
STERN MESSAGE GIVEN TO PAK TO STOP FOSTERING TERRORISM, SAYS ARUN JAITLEY
- India has become more aspirational under Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s leadership and takes pride in its identity- Arun Jaitley.
- Mr. Jaitley was addressing a conference of intellectuals organised by Kushabhau Thakre Nyas Samiti in Dehradun 22 Oct 16.
- The Prime Minister has displayed a more head-on approach towards terrorism and Pakistan and gone beyond merely isolating the neighbouring country internationally through diplomatic measures - Arun Jaitley.
PM MODI WARNS OF STIFFER ACTION AGAINST PEOPLE STASHING BLACK MONEY
- PM Modi used the analogy of surgical strikes while talking about unearthing black money under the Income Declaration Scheme.
- The government had given an opportunity to those who had black money to come in line.
- He said, over 65,000 crore rupees of unaccounted money came to the mainstream after paying taxes.
- The government is committed to the upliftment of poorest of the poor in the society- PM.
FIVE CRORE LPG CONNECTIONS TO BPL FAMILIES IN 3 YEARS: PETROLEUM MINISTER
- The Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojna (PMUY) aims at providing five crore LPG connections to Below Poverty Line households in the country within three years.
- The ambitious project, launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at Ballia on May 1 this year.
- Pradhan said that PMUY aims at replacing the polluting cooking fuels mostly used in rural areas with more clean and efficient LPG.
Current Affairs 22nd and 23rd October 2016 |General Awareness for SBI IBPS UPSC SSC Exams Reviewed by Manohar Veera on 10:17:00 PM Rating: