Financial Affairs 19 October 2016 | Banking Awareness for SBI IBPS UPSC SSC Exams
'India to be 3rd-largest aviation market by 2026'
- India’s air passenger traffic to grow to 442 million by 2035 with 322 million new air travellers.
- The domestic aviation market growing by over 20 per cent for more than a year now.
- The Geneva-based International Air Transport Association has projected India to be the third largest aviation market by 2026.
JSW to invest Rs 3,400 cr in Bengal within 3 years
- 700 crore will go in increasing the capacity of a cement plant.
- A captive power plant will be set up with Rs 200 crore.
- 2,500 crore will be used to set up a paints factory and a downstream steel processing unit.
Sony enters education segment in India
- Sony introducing Sony Global Education (SGE) products.
- Sony plans to launch Global Math Challenge (GMC) in India.
- They would like to provide a stimulating educational environment and inspire a passion for learning across the country.
Mumbai ranked 39th on Global Power City Index
- London has topped the 2016 Global Power City Index for the fifth consecutive year.
- Mumbai ranked 39th of the world's leading global cities for business, innovation and culture.
- Global Power City Index ranks 42 major cities of the world across six key measures of economy, research and development, culture, accessibility, environment and livability.
Honda Motorcycle ranks 1st among 13 states, UTs
- The claim is based on latest sales figures from the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers.
- HMSI is the leader in automatic scooter segment with a 58 percent market share.
Vodafone enters Guinness World Records with largest voucher
- Vodafone built a voucher of 62ft 5.5 inch in length and 40ft 1 inch in height.
- The voucher showcases all the offers to its consumer base of 185 million.
- The paper recharge was built in Agra, as a part of the celebration for the company's 4G network.
SBI blocks 6.25L debit cards over 'suspicious' transactions
- Card holders were caught unawares as their cards were blocked without prior notice.
- The bank subsequently sent emails and SMSes to customers, alerting them to the blockage.
- They came to know that some of their customers have used them at some virus-infected ATMs.
Financial Affairs 19 October 2016 | Banking Awareness for SBI IBPS UPSC SSC Exams Reviewed by Manohar Veera on 6:53:00 PM Rating: