1 to 100 BANKING RELATED GENERAL AWARENESS FOR IBPS PO /CLERKS 2016
1. Cabinet approves dissolution of Central Inland Water Transport Corporation Limited
2. Union Cabinet approved MoU between CERT-In & CERT-UK in the field of cyber security
3. Union Cabinet approves project development fund for CLMV Countries
4. Union Cabinet approved the scheme for the grant of permanent Residency Status (PRS) to foreign investors
5. To help Indian business explore economic opportunities in Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar & Vietnam (CLMV), the Union Cabinet has given its go-ahead for a Project Development Fund (PDF) with a corpus of Rs.500 crore.
6. The Energy & Resources Institute (TERI) officially appointed former finance Secretary Ashok Chawla as the new chancellor of Teri University
7. The Ministry of Urban Development (MoUD) has signed an MoU with Amar Chitra Katha to publish & distribute a 32 page comic on Swachh Bharat.
8. Goa is the 15th State Assembly to ratify the Bill. With this, 50% of States have passed the Bill, with this, 50% of States have passed the Bill paving way for the presidential assent.
9. National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has launched a pilot project for Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS) with 26 Bharat Bill Payment Operating Units (BBPOUs).
10. India jumped 19 places in the Logistics Performance index to rank 35th in this year’s list. The logistics’ list was topped by Germany.
11. Sony Pictures Networks India (SPN) & ZEE have entered into definitive agreements to acquire TEN Sports Network & its subsidiaries for subsidiaries for $385 million.
12. India’s largest digital payment company in India, MobiKwik has announced coalition with 12 state electricity boards.
13. Under the Government’s initiative of affordable LEDs for all (UJALA) Scheme, Gujarat has become the 1st state to distribute 2 crore LED bulbs.
14. The Goa Government has signed a memorandum of understanding with google India to promote digital transformation in the state.
15. India’s 100-year-old athlete, Man Kaur has won Gold medal at the American Masters Games in the 100-meter dash.
16. SBI Mutual Fund has appointed Anuradha Rao as its Managing Director & Chief Executive.
17. Jharkhand is the first state in the country to have implemented Public Fund Management System (PFMS).
18. Actor Irrfan Khan was honoured with the Entertainer of the year award by CNBC.
19. The country’s economy grew at 7.1% in the April to June quarter of the current fiscal. According to data released by the Central Statistics Office.
20. The first BRICS film festival held in New Delhi. Minister of State for information & Broadcasting Rajyavardhan Rathore inauguarated the festival.
21. The Odisha Legislative Assembly today unanimously ratified the constitution Amendment Bill for Goods & Service Tax (GST)
22. Biocon Chairperson & Managing Director Kiran Mazumdar Shaw has been appointed `Chevalier de I’Ordre National de la legion d’Honneur’ (Knight of the National Order of the French Legion of Honour) for her outstanding contribution & dedication to Biosciences & Research field globally.
23. Deep Kumar Upadhyay was re-appointed as Nepal’s ambassador to India.
24. The Gujarat Government has inked a tripartite MoU with the Ministry of Civil Aviation and the Airport Authority of India (AAI) to develop 11 small airports and airstrips under the Centre’s Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS) to boost regional air connectivity in the State.
25. The Union Government notified National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme. It is for the first time a scheme has been notified to offer financial incentives to employers. The Scheme has an outlay of 10000 crores rupees with a target of 50 lakh apprentices to be trained by 2019-20.
26. Railway has launched an expert committee to study silt in river Ganga in Bihar. The four-member committee will be headed by Member of Ganga Flood Control commission AK Sinha.
27. Union Government has constituted an expert committee to study silt in river Ganga in Bihar. The four-member committee will be headed by Member of Ganga Flood Control commission AK Sinha.
28. Carnatic Singer T.M. Krishna & Campaigner for eradication of manual scavenging Bezwada Wilson – were among six persons who received the prestigious Ramon Magsaysay prize for 2016.
29. Odisha CM, Naveen Patnaik, would share his thoughts on different issues through the radio for 10 minutes every month.
30. Michel Temer, Brazil’s former vice president, has been sworn in as the country’s new president.
31. Madhukar Gupta committee was formed to review security at India-Pakistan border submitted its report to Home Minister Rajnath Singh.
32. The two-day long “Brics Convention on Tourism” held at world heritage site Khajuraho in Madhya Pradesh.
33. Zaheer Khan has been inducted as an Honorary Life Member of the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC). He is the third Indian player to receive the distinction this year after virender Sehwag & Anjum Chopra
34. Uzbek President Islam Karimov has died at the age of 78. Islom Karimov was the first President of Uzbekistan, in office from 1990 to 2016
35. The Puducherry & Rajasthan Legislative Assembly have unanimously ratified the Constitution Amendment Bill for Goods & Services Tax (GST).
36. A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket exploded on its Cape Canaveral launch paid during a test, destroying a commercial satellite that Facebook had planned to use to extend internet access in Africa.
37. Union Bank of India has launched USSD (unstructured supplementary service data) based `99#’ mobile application on Google Play Store.
38. DCB Bank has launched `mVisa’, a mobile-based payment solution that will make payments at retail outlets much easier.
39. Justice S.N. Dhingra has submitted a 182-page report to the Haryana Government on granting of change of Land Use (CLU) licences in 4 villages of Gurgaon during the rule of the previous Congress government, hinting at irregularities.
40. Australia’s oldest surviving Test cricketer, Len Maddocks, has passed away aged 90.
41. Martial arts expert & actor Jackie Chan will receive a lifetime achievement Oscar. The announcement was made by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences.
42. Noted Assamese poet, literary critic & author & winner of the Sahitya Akademi award Nalinidhar Bhattacharyya passed away in Guwahati
43. As part of his three-day visit to Kerala, Vice President Mohammed Hamid Ansari inauguarated the fourth phase of the Vidyadhanam project, piloted by Prof.K.V. Thomas Vidyadhanam Trust at St.Terasa’s College.
44. The Competition Commission of India (CCI) imposed penalty of over Rs.6700 crore on 10 cement companies.
45. State –run BHEL has commissioned the fourth & last unit of the 4 x 40 MW Teesta Low Dam Hydro Electric Project (HEP) Stage-IV in West Bengal.
46. Cardilogist K K Aggarwal has been unanimously elected as the National President of the Indian Medical Association for the year 2016-17
47. Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) named former Sri Lankan middle-order batsman Thilan Thusara Samaraweera as their batting consultant for next month’s home series against England.
48. Kerala government has appointed the Cricket star Sachin Tendulkar as brand ambassador for anti-liquor & anti-drug campaign in the state.
49. Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik launched the `Biju Kanya Ratna Yojana’ (BKRY) & inauguarated 1000 anganwadi buildings here as part of the celebration making birth centenary of legendary Biju Patnaik.
50. The Rajasthan High Court launched the e-stamp facility in its Jodhpur & Jaipur benches simultaneously, Rajasthan has become the fourth state in the country to provide the facility.
51. Lt.Governor Kiran Bedi has launched `Shramdaan movement’ as part of Swachh Bharatand Swachh Puducherry initiative at a remote village.
52. The Jan Sikshan Sansthan (JSS), Malapuram, has won the Unesco Confucius Prize for Literacy.
53. Noted Odia poet Dr Hrushikesh Mallick will be honoured with the 37th edition of prestigious Sarala Award for his outstanding poetry.
54. Anil Khanna, President of Asian Tennis Federation & Vice President of International Tennis Federation, elected as the Honorary Life President of the All India Tennis Association (AITA).
55. Rio Olympics bronze medalist Sakshi Malik has been appointed as Wresting Director at Maharshi Dayanand University in Rohtak.
56. American tech giants Microsoft, Google & Salesforce have officially adopted the EU-US Privacy Shield framework. It will enable them to receive personal data from the European Union (EU) in compliance with the new standards.
57. Abhinav Bindra, India’s lone individual Olympic gold medallist, has officially announced his retirement from shooting.
58. Mother Teresa is being declared a saint by Pope Francis today at a canonization ceremony in Vatican City.
59. An important road in Bhubaneswar was named after Mother Teresa coinciding with her canonization ceremony at the Vatican city.
60. India Post has released a commemorative postage stamp on Mother Teresa to celebrate the canonization of her as saint, Mumbai, Union Minister of State for Communications Manoj Sinha unveiled the postage stamp.
61. Rio Olympics medalists PV Sindhu & Sakshi Malik, besides Olympian Dipa Karmaker are likely to be the new faces of Swachh Bharat Mission.
62. Mukund Chaudhari has been took over as Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) of MOIl Ltd., a miniratna company.
63. Canada’s British Columbia province has become the first foreign government to issue of masala bonds, a rupeedeminated bond, it had issued Rs.500 crore rupee denominated overseas bonds (masala bond) on the London Stock Exchange (LSE) & Successfully raised $75 million (about Rs.500 crore).
64. In Haryana, village Gumthala Garhu near Pehowa in Kurukshetra district has became the first Wifi hotspot village in Haryana Circle under bulk plan of BSNL.
65. DCB Bank, a new-generation private sector bank, has announced the launch of mVisa, a mobile based payment solution that will make payments at retail outlets much easier.
66. In Bangladesh, Jamaat-e-islami leader & media tycoon, Mir Quasem Ali was executed last night for war crimes committed during the country’s 1971 Liberation War.
67. In Tennis, world number one Serena Williams has created history by setting a record of most number of Grand Slam matches wins by a woman in the Open era.
68. Infosys said it entered into a joint venture with the Saudi Prerogative Company to offer IT services in the middle eastern country.
69. The Karnataka State Wildlife Board, chaired by Chief Minister Siddaramaiah, has decided to declare Ankasamudra tank as a bird conservation reserve.
70. Goa will host a three-day bird festival from November 11 to 13.
71. Maharashtra ranked highest according to a broad measure of Ease of Doing Business (EDB) in Indian states announced at the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy.
72. Assam-based ecologist & conservation activist Bibhuti Lahkar has become the first Asian to be awarded the prestigious `Heritage Heroes Award’ by the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN).
73. Noted Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project Director R S Sundar was elevated to the post of Distinguished Scientist, in honour for his meritorious service.
74. Former Australian cricket captain Ricky Ponting has been appointed the brand ambassador of his home state Tasmania
75. German Formula One racing driver Nico Rosberg won the Italian Grand Prix after close battle with his teammate Lawis Hamilton who also drive for the Mercedes AMG.
76. Tamilnadu based tennis player Sriram Balaji who ranked 546 restrained top seed Seong Chan Hong of Korea by 6-4, 7-6(3) for the title in the $10,000 (International Tennis Federation) ITF men’s Futures tennis tournament held in Hua Hin Thailand.
77. Urjit Patel has assumed charge as the 24th Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). He succeeds Raghuram Rajan, whose 3-year term came to end on September 4.
78. The United Kingdom (UK) has appointed an ambassador to Iran for the first time since 2011, as part of its aims for more productive co-operation. Nicholas Hopton, a former British ambassador to Qatar & Yemen, will take up the role.
79. World’s oldest cricketer, Lindsay Tuckett, passed away in Bioemfontein at the age of 97.
80. Indian mixed doubles pair of Sikki Reddy & Pranaav Jerry Chopra cinched their maiden Grand Prix title, bagging the Brazil Open Title.
81. Haryana Government has decided to develop 340 villages at Horticulture Villages at a cost of 93 crore rupees during the Golden Jubilee year of the State. It has also decided to establish 140 clusters in these villages.
82. On the occasion of the 55th Teachers’ Day Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal inauguarated Asia’s biggest digital library dedicated to the memory of Dr.APJ Abdul Kalam, former President of India, in NIT Silchar.
83. In a remarkable public health achievement, Sri Lanka was certified by WHO on having eliminated malaria
84. MobiKwik, fin-tech player has launched one-step offline payments with `Bubble Pin’.
85. Rajasthan’s education department has partnered with US based technology firm Cisco to promote digital learning across the state using virtual digital room solutions.
86. The Government of Arunachal Pradesh has roped in Bollywood bighead John Abraham as a brand ambassador for state tourism to boost tourism.
87. Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Limited (GRSE) handed over the Water Jet Fast Attack Craft (WJFAC) “TIHAYU” to Indian Navy.
88. Agra-based Young Racer Shahan Ali Mohsin has become the first Indian to win the Asian Karting Championship held in Malaysia.
89. Serena Williams now owns more victories in Grand Slam matches than anyone else in tennis Open era. The 35-year, old tennis ace surpassed Roger Federer with her 308th win.
90. Bandaru Dattatreya, the Minister of State for Labour & Employment inaugurated the first phase of Tele-medicine services of ESIC in New Delhi for providing specialist medical services of ESIC in New Delhi for providing specialist medical services at a distance to insured workers.
91. The Union Minister of state Dharmendra Pradhan has launched Gas4India campaign for the aimed at promoting the use of gas in the country.
92. The government has approved projects worth over Rs.450 crore under `Swadesh Darshan’ scheme for five states.
93. The 11th Summit of the Group of Twenty (G20) concluded in the eastern Chinese city of Hangzhou. The theme of 2016 G20 Summit was Toward an innovative, Invigorates, Interconnected & inclusive World Economy.
94. 22-year-old Indo-Japanese, Priyanka Yoshikawa crowned an Miss Japan.
95. Nawazuddin Siddiqui won the Best Actor award for his role in `Manjhi-The Mountain Man’. Tannishtha Chatterjee won the award for her role in `Rough Book’.
96. Intel has acquired computer vision firm Movidius, which partnered with Google to develop 3D space mapping technology for Project Tango devices.
97. India & Chile have expanded their Preferential Trade Agreement with both offering to lower or eliminate tariffs on a number of items traded with each other.
98. Centre has launched a new program called National Initiative for Developing & Harnessing Innovations (NIDHI) for nurturing ideas & innovation into successful start ups.
99. National award winner & veteran director K G George has been selected for the JC Daniel award 2015, Kerala Government’s highest honour for outstanding contribution to Malayalam Cinema.
100. The Health Ministry has launched the Leprosy Case Detection campaign in the country. The
main Objective of the Campaign is to detect the disease early so that those affected can be saved from physical deformity.
1 to 100 BANKING RELATED GENERAL AWARENESS FOR IBPS PO /CLERKS 2016 Reviewed by sambasivan srinivasan on 7:23:00 AM Rating: