101 TO 221 BANKING RELATED GENERAL AWARENESS --FOR IBPS PO CLERKS 2016
101. Indian film Thithi won the best film award at the at the BRICS Film Festival concluded in
New Delhi. Best Director Award went to Huo Jianqi of China.
102. India has received certificates from World Health Organisation recognizing the elimination
of Yaws & Material & Neonatal Tetanus (MNT) from the country.
103. Religare Enterprises Limited (REL) has appointed Sunil Godhwani as its Chief Executive
104. Scientists have discovered a new Ghost Snake Species of elusive, pale grey reptiles
dwelling at the Ankarana National Park in Madagascar. The findings were published in the Journal Copeia.
105. The 2016 Summer Paralympic Games began on 7 September 2016 at Maracana Stadium in
Rio De Janeiro, Brazil. The fifteenth Summer Paralympic Games will conclude on 18 September 2016.
106. The UN Charter, the seminal treaty of the United Nations, has now been translated into
107. The Department of Telecom (DoT) has created `Urja Mitra Helpline’ through which
customers can get information on power outages from distribution companies by dialing
108. Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) has successfully completed test flight of
indigenous Light Utility Helicopter (LUH) Bengaluru.
109. Union Minister of State for Labour & Employment Bandaru Dattatreya inauguarated the
first phase of telemedicine services of Employees State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) for
providing specialist medical services at a distance to insured workers.
110. ISRO launched the advanced weather satellite, INSAT-3DR, using the geosynchronous
launch vehicle GSLV-FO5, from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota.
111. India, Kazakhstan joint bilateral military exercise PRABAL DOSTYK-16 began in
Karaganda region of Kazakhstan.
112. The centre has announced a financial package for Andhra Pradesh that includes full
funding of Pollavaram irrigation project, tax concessions & a special assistance, but stopped short of giving the state a special category status.
113. Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the 14th ASEAN Summit held in Vientiane, Laos.
114. India has inked a preliminary pack with Greece for bilateral Air Services Agreement that
proposes to allow unlimited points of call for domestic airlines in the European nation.
115. Satbir Singh, presently Additional Secretary in the Ministry has been appointed as the next
Ambassador of India to the People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria.
116. Senior BJP leader Om Prakash Kohli has been sworn in as the 26th Governor of Madhya
117. President Pranab Mukherjee has signed the GST Constitution Amendment Bill thereby
making it a law. GST Bill has been ratified by the Parliament, as well as 16 states.
118. Sikkim has been adjudged the cleanest state while Jharkhand comes last in the list of 26
119. The Uttar Pradesh govt. has rolled out 122 Twitter handles & service would help the UP
police to strengthen its primary relationship with the citizens.
120. PepsiCo CEO & Chairman Indra Nooyi was ranked 2nd on the list of Fortune’s 51 Most
Powerful Women list. Thelist is topped by Mary Barra, CEO & Chairman of General
121. ICICI Bank, has announced the deployment of Software Robotics in over 200 business
processes across various functions of the bank.
122. The Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly has passed a resolution supporting the
Constitution Amendment & the Goods & Services Tax Bill.
123. Himachal Pradesh cabinet decided to amend the Hydropower Policy 2006 in respect to
transfer of shares by Himachalis to non-Himachalis.
124. CK Asnani has assumed charge as the Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) of Uranium
Corporation of India Limited (UCIL), an undertaking of the Department of Atomic Energy.
125. Henkel elevates Shilip Kumar as president of its India business
126. German Consumer giant Henkal has elevated Shilip Kumar as president of its India
127. Author Stuart Blackburn’s “Into the Hidden Valley”, a book based on Apatani tribe of
Arunachal Pradesh, won the MM Bennetts Award for Historical Fiction 2016 in the UK.
128. The Odisha Government has launched the construction workers pension scheme.
129. Chhattisgarh Government has inked a MoU with the Ministry of Civil Aviation to boost
regional air connectivity with in the state.
130. For maintaining the records & data base of Indian students studying abroad, Government
of India has launched a Student Registration module in MADAD portal (madad.gov.in)
131. Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh has been commissioned the offshore patrolling (OPV)
vessel, Sarathi, at Goa Shipyard Ltd. (GSL), the defence shipyard has appointed as parttime chairperson of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
132. Former IAS Officer J. Satyanarayana has appointed as part-time chairperson of Unique
Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
133. Jayant Purushottam Gokhale has been appointed as director of Syndicate Bank.
134. Mexico has set up its consulate in south India in Chennai that will cater to Tamil Nadu,
Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh & Telangana.
135. The US space agency, NASA has launched its first mission to collect samples from an
asteroid & return them to Earth in hopes of learning more about the origins of life.
136. Nagaland Chief Minister T R Zeliang has received `Pangkor Dialogue Award 2016’ in
Malaysia for the efforts made by the people of the state for environmental preservation &
137. China has claimed that it has successfully developed & tested a radar system that uses
quantum entanglement to beat the stealth technology of modern military aircrafts.
138. The Laser interferometer Gravitational-wave Observatory (LIGO) project that was given
the in-principle approval by the Union Cabinet may come up in Maharashtra’s Hingoli
139. Indian para high jumpers Mariyappan Thangavelu & Varun Bhati won gold & bronze
medals respectively, in the T42 category at the Rio Paralympics.
140. Explosive West Indies opener Chris Gayle launched his autobiography `Six Machine,
which contained extensive details about his life & career.
141. Dilip Kumar Mandal has been appointed managing director & Chief executive officer of
IDBI Asset Management Company (AMC).
142. Former Pakistan Test Captain Waslim Bari has been appointed as the new manager of the
national team for the coming `home’ series against the West Indies in the UAE.
143. Army Green on has won the 128th edition of Durand Cup football title. Army Green
defeated Neroca FC 6-5 via penalty shoot outs.
144. Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has launched e-nivaran (electronic resolution)
facility for online redressal of taxpayers’ grievances.
145. The 2-day Indo-US Economic Summit held in New Delhi on September 13.
146. Bakytzhan Sagintaev appointed as Prime minister of Kazakhstan.
147. Qatar National Bank (QNB) has received approval from India’s regulatory authorities to
open a branch in the country & begin operations.
148. British surgeons have successfully performed the world’s first robotic operation inside the
149. Great Britain’s Jamie Murray & Brazil’s Bruno Soares won their second Grand Slam
doubles title, defeating Spaniards. Pablo Carreno Busta & Guillermo Garcia-Lopez.
German professional tennis player Angelique Kerber won her first U.S. Open title & the
second Grand Slam trophy of her breakthrough season.
150. Vietnam won its first-ever Paralympic gold medal after para weightlifter Le Van Cong
lifted 183 kgs, to set a new world record at the event.
151. Renowned Yog Guru & Founder of Patanjali group Baba Ramdev has laid the foundation
stone of his dream project Patanjali Mega Food & Herbal Park in Mihan area which is
located at outskirts of Nagpur.
152. As part of the ongoing Indo-US defence co-operation, a joint military training exercise,
`Yudh Abhyas 2016’ is set to be conducted in Uttarkhand from September 14 to 27.
153. Arunachal Pradesh governor Jyoti Prasad Rajkhowa was removed from the office by
President Pranab Mukherjee.
154. BJP leader Subramanian Swamy has been honoured with `Tamil Ratna’ award by a body
of Tamil diaspora in New York for flighting corruption & working for more transparency
in the functioning of the government.
155. A revenge drama Ang Babaeng Humayo (The Woman who Left) won the Golden Lion for
Best Film Award at the 73 Venice Film Festival.
156. The Government has launched a toll-free number 1924 to register postal complaints.
157. Mandi in Himachal Pradesh & Sindhudurg in Mahrashtra have emerged the cleanest
districts in India according to a report released in New Delhi by Drinking Water &
Sanitation Minister Narendra Singh tomer.
158. Himachal Pradesh Government has signed a preliminary MoU with Singapore government
for developing a smart integrated township in Jathiadevi near Shimla airport.
159. Union Minister of State for Ayush (independent Charge) Shri Shripad Yesso Naik &
Union minister for Fertilisers & Chemicals & Parliamentary Affairs Shri Ananth Kumar
inauguarated the National Fair on comprehensive Indian Medicine system (AROGYA) in
160. The Government has issued fresh flexi-fund guidelines that will give more freedom to
states in spending money under the Centrally Sponsored Schemes (CSS) to meet local
161. Union Cabinet under the Chairmanship of Prime Minister gave approval for the MoU
between India & Kenya on Co-operation in the field of National Housing Policy
Development & Management (NHPDM).
162. The Union Cabinet has approved the formation, process & functioning of the Goods &
Serivice Tax (GST) Council.
163. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved the proposal for
initiation of the Third Phase of Technical Education Quality improvement Programme
164. Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan has inaugurated the Onam celebrations in
165. Stan Wawrinka defeated world number one Novak Djokovic to claim a 3rd Grand Slam
title at the US Open tennis tournament.
166. The Cabinet has approved the creation of the Higher Education Financing Agency
(HEFA), taking a step closer to developing high-quality infrastructure in premier
167. Realty player Wadhwa Group has tied-up with e-commerce platform Sanpdeal to make its
properties accessible to customers online.
168. Environment ministers of the BRICS nations will meet in Goa on September 2016.
169. Global citizen which is an international social action platform was flagged off by Chief
Minister Devendra Fadnavis under the `Global Citizen India’ initiative. The initiative
looks forward to mobilize social change in the country.
170. In Andhra Pradesh, the 3rd BRICS Urbanisation Forum Meet held in the Visakhapatnam.
171. One Thousand Hockey Legs, an NGO which seeks to introduce the game of hockey to
school kids in India, was awarded the Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puruskar by President
172. Javelin thrower Devendra Jhajharia became the first Indian to clinch two gold medals at
the Paralympics after he broke his own world record to clinch the top honours at the Rio
173. Spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar will be honoured with a humanitarian award by a
prominent jewish human rights organization for promoting human dignity, interfaith
relations & tolerance among people.
174. Andhra Pradesh has become the second state in the country after Gujarat to achieve 100
per cent electrification of households.
175. Cabinet has approved Extradition Treaty between India & Afghanistan.
176. Cabinet has approved Bilateral Technical Arrangement between India & Switzerland.
177. Cabinet has approved an extension of the contract between India & the International
178. Cabinet has approved MoU between India & Kenya on co-operation in the field of
National Housing Policy.
179. India’s top women bankers, SBI Chief Arundhati Bhattacharya, ICICI head Chanda
Kochhar & Axis Bank CEO Shikha Sharma, are among the 50 most powerful women
based outside the US, according to a list by fortune, which is topped by Banco
Santander’s boss Ana Bot.
180. World’s longest bullet train network length of 2000kms established by China Railway.
181. Meghalaya Governor V Shanmuganathan was sworn in as the governor of Arunachal
182. 105-year-old Kunwar Bai, who was felicitated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi for
building toilet by selling off her goats, has been chosen as the `Swachh Bharat Abhiyan’
183. Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) electred Aleksander Ceferin to succeed
Michel Platini as President.
184. State Bank of India, Punjab National Bank, IDFC Bank, & Digital wallet Paytm will start
issuing electronic tags to vehicles for toll collection.
185. HP Inc. agreed to buy Samsung Electronics Co.’s printer business for $1.05 billion.
186. Anoop Kumar Sharma has taken charge of the post of CMD, Shipping Corporation of
India (SCI) with effect from September 12, 2016 for a period of three years.
187. Digital payment platform freecharge in partnership with Axis Bank has launched Unified
Payments Interface (UPI) that allows instant transactions from a smartphone using a
virtual payment address (VPA)
188. Global online payment service provider PayU has acquired Indian payments technology
player, Citrus Pay, for $130 million.
189. Uttarakhand Governor K K Paul has released a book titled `Shanti ki Talaash mein
Zindagi’ written in Hindi by Haridwar-based author & journalist Radhika Nagrath.
190. Actor Ewan McGregor will receive the Britannia Humanitarian Award at the British
Academy at the British Academy Britannia Awards in California next month.
191. Writer Meghna Pant will be honoured with Kumaon Literary Festival’s FON (Fellows of
Nature) South AsiaShort Story Award in Nature writing in October for her short story
“people of the Sun”.
192. Gionee mobile phones would now be manufactured in Haryana as the company has been
signed an MoU with the state government to set up its phone manufacturing hub with an
initial investment of Rs.500 crore which, later on, would be increased to Rs.1,500 crore.
193. Private sector Axis Bank has tied up with Banaras Hindu University (BHU) to offer
specialized banking courses.
194. The Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying & Fisheries in the Ministry of
Agriculture & Farmers welfare has declared India free from Avian influenza (H5N1)
195. The Uttar Pradesh Govt. has appointed Bollywood actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui as the
brand ambassador of its flagship programme `Samajwadi Kisan Beema Yojana’.
196. Jim Yong Kim is heading for another five-year term as president of the World Bank.
197. Bollywood queen Priyanka Chopra is in the top 10 in Forbes magazine’s annual list of
best-paid television actresses. Colombian – American actress Sofia Vergara topped the
198. The United States has signed a 38 billion dollars deal with Israel to provide the country
with military assistance over a 10-year period.
199. Japanese automobile maker Isuzu has announced top-level changes in its Indian
operations with Hiroshi Nakagawa taking over as the Chairman of Isuzu Motors India
200. BHVS Narayana Murthy, an expert in Avionics has been appointed as Director, Research
Centre imarat (RCI), Defence Research Development Organisation (DRDO), Hyderabad.
201. Vice-President Hamid Ansari will be representing India at the upcoming 17th Summit of
the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) to be held at Margarita Island in Venezuela from
202. Gautam Gambhir-led India Blue has won the inaugural day/night Duleep Trophy Cricket
tournament held in Greater Noida.
203. The State Bank of India (SBI)has raised $300 million (about Rs.2,000 crore) through AT-1
Basel III-compliant bonds to fund its business growth.
204. Indian-American physician-author, Abraham Verghese, whose work has emphasized
empathy in medicine, has been selected for the prestigious 2015 National Humanities
205. Anil Ambani-led Reliance Communications & Maxis Communications Berhad (MCB),
promoters of Aircel, agreed to merge their wireless businesses to form the fourth-largest
telecom operator in the country.
206. Quikr has acquired the largest & highest quality players in beauty services Staygand. It
was the Quikr’s 8th acquisition in 2016.
207. Praj Industries, a Pune-based global process solutions leader, was partnered with Indian
Oil Corporation, India’s flagship National Oil Company, for setting up multiple second
Generations (2G) bio-ethanol plants based on indigenously developed technology.
208. Transportation app Uber has launched a new initiative in partnership with Maruti Suzuki
& National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) for creating livelihood opportunities
for one million people by 2018.
209. Typhoon Meranti was the world’s strongest typhoon made landfall in east China’s Fujian
Province, causing widespread destruction.
210. The Government has formally notified the GST Council, which will decide on the tax rate,
exempted goods under the new taxation regime.
211. Nadia Murad, a former ISIS captive, have been named the UN’s new Goodwill
Ambassador for the for the Dignity of Survivors of Human Trafficking.
212. Atul Kumar Goel, General Manager, Allahabad Bank, has taken charge as Executive
Director in Union Bank of India.
213. Sports Mnister Vijay Goel conferred Arjuna Awards on cricketers Rohit Sharma & Ajinkya
Rahane at a function in New Delhi. Sharma was given the award for 2015 & Rahane for
214. Legendary playwright Edward Albee, widely considered one of the greats of his
generation, has died at the age of 88.
215. Former Italian president, prime minister & central bank governor Carlo Azeglio Ciampi has
died at the age of 95.
216. Vijaya Bank has bagged the second prize under Rajbhasha Kirti Puraskar (Region C) for
the year 2015-16.
217. India will host the Annual Meetings of the African Development Bank (AfDB) Group in
May Next Year.
218. A Joint military training exercise of Indian & US Armies, Exercise YUDH ABHYAS
2016, commenced at Chaubattia Uttarakhand with the Opening Ceremony.
219. Dharwad-headquartered Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank has bagged four awards for
inclusive insurance for 2016 from Skoch Group.
220. All India Radio (AIR) has been launched a website & mobile app for its Balochi service to
reach people who speak this language across the globe.
221. India has slipped by 10 positions to 112th, out of 159 countries & territories, according to
the Economic Freedom of the world; 2016 Annual Report. Hong Kong has the highest
level of economic freedom worldwide.
101 TO 221 BANKING RELATED GENERAL AWARENESS --FOR IBPS PO CLERKS 2016 Reviewed by sambasivan srinivasan on 7:27:00 AM Rating: